Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Imran Khan
03-10-2012, 11:06 PM
RE: Imran Khan
Mar 10, 2012 at 05:52pm IST

Imran Khan to play don in 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai 2'

New Delhi: Bollywood actor Imran Khan, known for his chocolate boy looks, will turn baddie for the sequel of the 2010 film Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai. He will play a don in parallel lead with Akshay Kumar.

The movie was to feature Shahid Kapoor earlier but now Imran has been finalised for it.

"Talks were on with Shahid but we have decided on Imran now. Imran loved the script, and we are very gung-ho about this project. The audience will get to see a different Imran," Girish Johar, head of acquisition and distribution, Balaji Motion Pictures, told IANS.

[Image: imrankhan630.jpg]

In the film, Akshay will be seen as underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, and Imran will play his rival Aslam.

The project will be directed by Milan Luthria, who is basking in the success of 'The Dirty Picture'.

The prequel - Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai - had Ajay Devgn and Emraan Hashmi together on screen. Their mentor-turned-rival chemistry as Sultan Mirza and Shoaib, respectively, was appreciated.

Producers are hoping that the Akshay-Imran pairing works wonders for the sequel too.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/imran-khan-to...933-8.html

[Image: BNLyR8BCMAIxdGm.jpg:large]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2012, 03:51 AM
^^ I genuinely like the guy but him playing DON? I just don't see it! Can't imagine him playing the famous action hero aka Akki's rival.
03-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Mar 12, 2012 at 11:08am IST

Imran Khan plans 'Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na' sequel

Mumbai: Four years after Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na released, making Imran Khan and Genelia D'Souza overnight stars, the filmmakers are set to make a sequel. Efforts are now underway to get the original cast and crew together for the sequel.

According to sources, the film's writer-director Abbas Tyrewala, who has been lying low since the failure of his 2010 romcom Jhootha Hi Sahi, was initially hesitant to carry Jaane Tu forward. "There has been tremendous curiosity about the lives of all those friends from college who got hitched with one another. How did their lives turn out after college?

Abbas was really surprised at this high level of interest." Khan was reportedly always interested in a sequel but Tyrewala was against it, since he did not know how he could carry the story forward. "Neither Abbas nor Madhu Mantena (producer) saw any point in doing a sequel unless they could get the exact flavour and time-lapse in place," a source said. This, however, has now been sorted.

[Image: jaane-tu-march12.jpg]

Tyrewala has reportedly had a number of meetings with Khan, who too was keen to carry Jaane Tu... forward. According to sources, the sequel will pick up the threads of the film's characters ” Rats (Imran Khan), Meeow (Genelia D'Souza), Jignesh and the other members of the circle of friends ” five years after they were last seen.

When contacted, Tyrewala said, "Well, Imran and I do have something in mind. We've been meeting. Jaane Tu.... is a special film for both of us. It requires a whole lot of people to come together and we're trying to do so."

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/imran-khan-pl...-8-66.html

03-20-2012, 10:26 PM
Imran Khan gets abusive!

TNN | Mar 21, 2012, 12.04AM IST

Imran Khan is going through a transformation as an actor with his forthcoming film Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola being a demanding project. Apart from physical changes in look et al the actor will also mouth abusive language.

It may not be surprising that Vishal Bhardwaj's next movie, Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola will be as rustic as his previous ones, and foul and abuive language will be employed aplenty, just like in his earlier works (Omkara and Kaminey, for example).

Imran Khan will do away with his chocolate boy image for something more raw and rustic. He sports a beard and has put on weight to look older for his character in the movie. He is required to speak Haryanvi and has even taken lessons to get the accent right.

We heard that Vishal Bhardwaj's close friend Gulzar expressed his concern over the language and asked Bhardwaj to tone it down and limit it to fewer scenes. Vishal has begun shooting Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola at Wankaner palace in Rajkot.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enter...341967.cms

03-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Imran in, Prateik out

By: Hiren Kotwani Date: 2012-03-20 Place: Mumbai

Khan replaces the actor in Tigmanshu Dhulia's next, after the film's producers take his recent string of flops into consideration

Imran Khan and Prateik started their careers together with Aamir Khan's production, Jaane Tu ¦ Ya Jaane Naa, almost four years ago.

[Image: imran.jpg]

However, backed by his box office standing, Khan has been roped in place of Prateik for Tigmanshu Dhulia's next. When Dhulia first planned the film about two years ago, Prateik was said to be his first choice.

"Back then, Prateik was promising and had earned acclaim for his performance in Dhobi Ghat. Besides, he had films like Aarakshan and Ek Deewana Tha coming up," says our source, adding that keeping these things in mind, a corporate house had decided to back the movie, to be made after Paan Singh Tomar.

However, after the same corporate house reportedly delayed the release of the Irrfan starrer, the director approached Ekta Kapoor's company to back it, last May.

However, it seems that the new producer wants to make the film more viable. "So after a couple of Prateik's films not working well, they thought of casting a more bankable actor in the lead.

And since Imran has been confirmed for the sequel of Milan Luthria's upcoming gangster film, Ekta thought he would be suitable for Dhulia's film as well," reveals our informer.

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/201...ik-out.htm

04-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Imran Khan drives a car without number plate

Apparently not much. Imran Khan and wife Avantika drove into an art event in the city in their shiny red Ferrari last weekend

April 10 08:29:57, 2012

Mumbai

The mandatory number registration plate was missing from the front of the snazzy car.

[Image: Imran-Khan1.jpg]

The rear end however had one in place. With a growing number of potholes in the city, we wonder if the number plate just fell off along the way...

[Image: Imran-Khan2.jpg]

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/201...-plate.htm

04-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Imran Khan goes gaga over Anushka

http://media.santabanta.com/newsite/cine...-imran.jpg

Imran Khan goes gaga over AnushkaAt a recent art show, Imran Khan was seen praising his latest co-star Anushka Sharma. "This is the first time I have worked with Anushka.

She’s a talented actress. She’s someone who’s very spontaneous. In the 20 days that I have worked with her till now, I realised that she gets it right just in her first or second take.

It was generally so good that we didn’t have to go for more takes, ” said Imran while talking to CS.

We are sure Anushka’s quite mastered the technique of acting by now Imran. And we look forward to seeing your chemistry in your upcoming film.

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com

12-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Why did Anushka snub Imran at an event?

Apparently, Anushka Sharma walked past co-star Imran Khan who was with Salman Khan without acknowledging them. Was it to due to her proximity to the other Khan?

December 28, 2012

Mumbai

Anushka Sharma and Imran Khan may be acting together in Vishal Bhardwaj’s upcoming film and busy doing the promotional rounds. But when it comes to the industry’s camp issues, they have their own leanings and don’t see eye-to-eye. At a recent film awards event held at the Andheri Sports Complex, when Anushka spotted Imran bonding with Salman Khan, she preferred to walk past, oblivious of their presence.

Says an onlooker, “At the event, Imran was seen greeting Salman Khan backstage. Anushka was also in the vicinity but she seemed in no mood to acknowledge Sallu’s presence. She even walked past Imran and Salman while they were chatting. Imran did not stop her in her tracks and nor did Anushka seem to be in a mood to. It may have appeared strange but everyone knows that both belong to different camps.”

It is well known that Sallu is fond of Aamir Khan’s nephew. While Imran greatly admires Salman describing him to be a mystery which he is trying to unravel. On the other Anushka having done two films with the other Khan (Shah Rukh) is more comfortable with King Khan. Adds the onlooker, “It appeared that Anushka proved that she clearly supports the SRK camp. There were hushed whispers about how Anushka had walked past Imran and Salman.”

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/201...-event.htm

11-19-2013, 08:28 PM
I am undoubtedly a Salman Khan fan: Imran Khan

Meena Iyer, TNN | Nov 20, 2013

Imran Khan on Gori Tere..., his co-star Kareena Kapoor Khan, mamu Aamir Khan and all-time favourite Salman Khan

Gori Tere Pyaar Mein is your second outing with Kareena Kapoor Khan. Was the experience better than that of Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu?
Kareena is the first heroine that I am repeating. Otherwise every film that I have done, I have worked with someone different. What happens is, when you work with someone for the first time it takes a little bit of time to figure out each other's rhythm and settle into a groove. By the time you get really settled, the film is over. In the case of GTPM, Bebo and I hit the ground running. We have reached a point where we both understand a lot of how we work. As a result, we are able to work together as a team.

This kind of understanding is important in a romantic comedy...
Yes, romcoms are dependent on chemistry. At the end of the day, a lot of the stories and emotions that go into making a romantic comedy are what you have seen before. However, what makes it fresh and interesting is the little tussle and play between the hero and heroine. Bebo and I are very good with it. Even in EMAET, we got it right. With GTPM, it has gotten better.

Yeah, she even said you are sugar and she is spice...
That sounds like a catch phrase.

GTPM looks like a nice, sweet and happy film. But it doesn't seem to be anything that can get anyone into a lather...
You are right. It's a sweet, happy film with great music...just the way romantic comedies should be. I'll tell you what has surprised me about Gori... actually. It is Punit's work as a director. I have gone through the entire process of 'I Hate Luv Storys' with him. So from a few drafts of screenplay to shooting, to seeing what the film was and the response to it, and then a few drafts of 'Gori'... before I signed it on, ultimately when I saw the film I realised that his graph as a director is much more mature than I expected. You expect to see a certain graph between the first and second film. However, Punit's control as a director has grown more than what one would expect. On a personal level, I am happy because it means my film is good and it also means that Punit, who is my friend, has become a lot better.

Romantic comedies seem to be your calling. Right?
Romcoms are a space I'm very comfortable in. Without tooting my horn, I must say that deadpan humour comes easily to me. It is unique to me and I am good at it. A lot of times I do it in real life as well. I have that foot-in-mouth syndrome, where I say something and I realise no one in the room has even come close to the vicinity of my joke. So I have to explain the whole thing. That reminds me, there is a great line which says, explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand how it works, but the frog dies.

This has been a year of diverse choices for you, but not everything you have chosen has paid dividends...
'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' was rather experimental. 'Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Dobaara' was very different for me. 'Gori'... is in a much easier space. Since I'm urbane and more westernised, it is closer to me as a person. 'Matru'... and 'OUATIMD' are cases of what Hollywood would describe as stunt casting or in other words, casting against type. Like Saif Ali Khan in 'Omkara' was also a case of stunt casting. It catches people's attention.

Did your choices leave you disillusioned?
I came out of OUATIMD unscathed. A lot of people criticised Akshay Kumar), which I think was unfair. A lot of people criticised the film, which again was unfair. I don't think it was that bad a film. There were weaknesses as there are in many films. As for Matru... it was in a different headspace; something you either get or do not get. I still maintain that had OUATIMD managed to get a proper release, the film would have worked. Looking back, I would not erase any of my choices. All said and done, I got exposed to a much 'massier' audience to which I did not have access before.

There is constant speculation on Aamir Khan and you doing a film together. Is there any truth to this?
Aamir and I have talked about working together only in passing, but neither of us has actively worked towards it. There is a sense that, at some point, something will probably come up. He is such a busy guy. Both of us are busy with our own stuff. We normally meet only on Eid or on birthdays. Talking of which, I don't even remember Aamir's birthday. Anyway, when we meet we hardly talk shop.

The Khan triumvirate (Salman, Shah Rukh and Aamir) are still leading the way. How do you see yourself, Shahid Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor at this juncture?
Shahid, Ranbir and I have just started. We've been in the business for five to six years. How can we compare ourselves to Aamir, Salman or SRK, who have decades of good work and goodwill behind them?

Speaking of the Khans, is Salman still your favourite Khan?
I am undoubtedly a Salman fan. Like all his fans, I do not even ask what a Salman film is all about. I remember the posters of 'Ready' just had his close-up. The film didn't define a genre, it said nothing. But it was enough for Salman fans to know that on this date in June, 2011, bhai's film was coming and they would have to be in the theatres. That is star-power.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enter...041999.cms

11-20-2013, 02:29 PM

11-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Deepika Padukone & Imran Khan come together for Lux ad

Sun, 2013-11-24

[Image: BZ0SnK3CYAAeVPK.jpg]

The last time we saw Imran Khan and Deepika Padukone sharing screen space was in Break ke Baad. This time the two have come together for a Lux advertisement. The two good looking stars have been signed as the new faces of Lux. The TV commercial will be shot in the first week of December.

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainmentta...her-lux-ad

12-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Unfair to blame lead pair for film's failure: Imran Khan

December 3, 2013 Imran Khan teamed for the second time with Kareena Kapoor for "Gori Tere Pyaar Mein", which failed to entice the box office. The actor says instead of blaming just the lead pair, everyone should analyse where the problem lay.

There were reports that it didn't work because Kareena-Imran 'jodi', earlier seen in "Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu", didn't go down well with the viewers.

"Definitely it was not upto our expectations. You feel sad when a film doesn't work but this is a reality of our industry. If you can't handle it then you are in the wrong business," the 30-year-old told reporters while talking about the film's box office performance.

A Karan Johar-production, "Gori Tere Pyaar Mein" was directed by Punit Malhotra.

"When we did 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu', people liked the pairing. I think if a film fails everyone has to think about it - be it the writer or director. Everyone needs to analyse the problem area," he said.

"It's not fair to put the blame on only one thing - pairing. It is very wrong to even say that marriage affects a heroine. If a film has failed, then there was some problem with the film," he added.

Meanwhile, Imran will start shooting for this next film "Bhavesh Joshi" early next year.

http://www.pinkvilla.com/newstags/imran-...imran-khan

12-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Imran Khan and wife Avantika expecting their first child

December 5, 2013

[Image: imraavantika.JPG]

According to TOI, the couple, who have been married for nearly three years, will be expecting their first child in June. The source states that Avantika received her pregnancy news whilst having a test for dengue. She has subsequently recovered from dengue and passed her first trimester of pregnancy. Congratulations to Imran and Avantika!

P.S: This is a photo of Avantika from a few days back. She is currently 12 weeks pregnant.

TOI

04-06-2014, 01:28 PM
In pictures: Aamir Khan and family at Avantika Malik's babyshower

It was celebration time at the Khan household; Aamir Khan, wife Kiran Rao, son Azad Rao Khan and other family members and friends turned up to be a part of the happy occasion

- See more at: http://www.mid-day.com/photos/in-picture...bypc8.dpuf

06-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Imran Khan blessed with a baby girl

Posted Mon, Jun 9, 2014

Filmfare is the first one to tell you that Imran Khan is a dad now. His wife, Avantika delivered a baby girl this morning. From the time he discovered his wife was pregnant, the actor has been taking care of her. He also took her for a small vacation to keep her happy. We congratulate the couple for their bundle of joy.

http://www.filmfare.com/news/imran-khan-...-6366.html

07-13-2015, 06:33 PM
Imran Khan’s Eid plans involve Salman Khan !

July 13, 2015

[Image: salmankhan-imrankhan-759.jpg]

Imran Khan, who is a huge fan of Salman Khan, plans to watch the actor’s forthcoming release, ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ first day, first show at a local theatre this Eid on July 17.

Imran Khan prefers to watch Salman Khan’s special Eid releases in single theatres amidst scores of fans, hooting, clapping and whistling. The actor has been keeping up to this practice since Salman’s ‘Bodyguard’ and plans to keep it up.

“It is a much better experience to watch Salman’s films with his fans whistling and clapping in single screen theatres. Bajrangi Bhaijaan has to be first day first show for me,” says Imran, who will be seen in ‘Katti Batti’ opposite Kangana Ranaut.

http://indianexpress.com/article/enterta...lman-khan/

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Zarine Khan Topic Aisha 36 57,504 01-04-2016 12:18 AM
Last Post: ktm gal
  The Official Shah Rukh Khan Topic! Mistahlilg 525 682,166 12-21-2015 08:54 PM
  The Official Aamir Khan Topic!! *Mini* 570 721,245 12-02-2015 10:52 PM
  Actor-filmmaker Feroz Khan passes away at 70 Maria 3 8,844 05-02-2009 01:55 AM
Last Post: Guest