RE: Sonakshi Sinha
Chi, Race is such a bakwaas movie she's better off not doing it Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Sonakshi Sinha is excited about 'Dabangg 2'
By: The Hitlist Team Date: 2012-03-20 Place: Mumbai

Sonakshi Sinha is maha khush as she begins shooting for her debut flick's sequel tomorrow.

[Image: sonakshi123.jpg]

The actress is looking forward to working with Salman Khan -- remember he launched her in Bollwyood. So it is a sort of homecoming for her.

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/201...rmer-4.htm

[Image: BNLyR8BCMAIxdGm.jpg:large]
03-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Sonakshi is stuck with her desi image

By: The HitList Team Date: 2012-03-22 Place: Mumbai

Contrary to her wish to do glamorous roles, it looks like Sonakshi Sinha is stuck with sarees for a while

[Image: Dabangg.jpg]
With Salman Khan in Dabangg

Though Sonakshi Sinha hoped that she would step out of her demure, de-glam image, looks like she's stuck with the sari for her next four films.

A closer look at Sonakshi Sinha in her four forthcoming films, and almost mirror images leap out at you. Looks like Sona's debut look (in Dabangg) as the desi belle seems to have been caught in a time warp.

[Image: Lootera.jpg]
Sona's look in Lootera

And there appears to be just no respite. Is the fear of being typecast creeping through? Though a while back, the actress decided to get an image makeover with her role in Abbas-Mustan Race 2, the stars seemed to have had something else written for her.

[Image: joker.jpg]
With Akshay Kumar in Joker

She exited the project, apparently to accommodate the sequel of Dabangg 2. On being asked if she is playing safe with her tried and tested seedha-saadha image, the actress recently told Mid Day, "That has been my USP and something which has got me noticed.

I would definitely love to do more glamorous roles, but for now I am very happy with the work I'm doing."

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/201...-image.htm

04-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Sonakshi will be under cover

Balaji and Milan Luthria convince the actress to play Mandakini in Once Upon a Time... sequel. But minus the wet, white saree

Kunal M Shah

Posted On Monday, April 02, 2012 at 07:44:14 AM

[Image: 20120402201204020744196043f0ce7ac_201204...iginal.jpg]

There has been intense speculation about who would be the leading lady of Once Upon A Time in Mumbai 2 after Kareena Kapoor walked out of the project, reportedly to accommodate Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film opposite Ranveer Singh.

For a while, it was rumoured that Sonakshi Sinha had been roped in for the part opposite Akshay Kumar in the film. And Mirror can now confirm that she is the chosen one to have finally signed on the dotted line.

A source close to the developments told us, "It is Sonakshi. She had been approached after Kareena walked out, but there were major date issues among other things. With Rowdy Rathore and Joker yet to be released, the actress wasn't sure if she wanted to do yet another film with Akshay and vice versa. Then again, Kangna's name started doing the rounds. However, after Ranveer's accident on the sets of Lootera, Sonakshi had a window of dates available, and finally agreed to do the film."

Meanwhile, buzz is that Sonakshi had reservations about playing Dawood's girlfriend, Mandakini, which is why she took her own time making up her mind. Especially since she would have to appear in a very bold avatar, unlike her screen persona.

Ribbed about it, our source said, "Sonakshi was in two minds about playing a character based on the Bollywood actress. That was coupled with the fact that she would have to ooze sexuality. However, all that has been taken care of now, and the makers have decided against the bold sequences. Sonakshi is perfectly happy with the film."

The film is slated to go on floors in August as Akshay will start shooting for Ashish R Mohan's Khiladi 786 in May and Sonakshi will also know where exactly Lootera stands after Ranveer's recovery.

The sequel to Once Upon a Time in Mumbai stars Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi Sinha and Imran Khan in lead roles and is directed by Milan Luthria. In spite of repeated attempts, Milan, Sonakshi and Ekta Kapoor remained unavailable for comments.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/2...cover.html

04-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Salman is 'Dabangg' and Akshay is a 'Khiladi': Sonakshi
Sonakshi Sinha may be one film old but she is a thorough pro when it comes to providing diplomatic answers

April 05 09:02:24, 2012

Mumbai

At an event to launch the first look of her forthcoming film, whe was asked to choose between Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar.

Sallu may be her debut film’s hero but she has some three movies lined up with the Khiladi. Sona smartly replied, “Salman is Dabangg and Akshay is a Khiladi, both perfectly fit in their own places.” Well, well, Shotgun’s beti does not want to create any controversy.

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/201...nakshi.htm

04-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Sonakshi is multi-tasking
Reshma Kelkar Dabholkar, TNN | Apr 7, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Sonakshi Sinha has been shooting constantly these days. The actress has almost completed shooting of the film Lootera, and is shooting for Salman Khan-starrer Dabangg2 and Ajay Devgn's Son Of Sardar simultaneously.

Meanwhile, another forthcoming film of hers, Rowdy Rathore, in which she is paired opposite Akshay Kumar gears up for release in June. The actress has been actively involved in the promotions of the film.

Sonakshi has been travelling constantly from Mumbai to Patiala where she is shooting Son Of Sardar. Speaking about her tight schedule she said, "I finished an awesome first schedule of Dabangg 2 yesterday. Launched the trailer of Rrowdy Rathore somewhere in the middle. Now in Patiala for the shoot of Son of Sardar that starts from tomorrow. Lost some sleep along the way."

The actress will have a long list of films this year - Rowdy Rathore, Lootera, Joker, Dabangg2 and Son Of Sardar. Hope all her hard work pays off.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enter...559216.cms

04-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Sonakshi rejects film with Shahid!
TNN | Apr 9, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Sonakshi Sinha has turned down the remake of South venture Vettai that has Shahid Kapoor in the lead.

Apparently, the actress found the plot to be very male dominated and did not find herself befitting the role. A source said, "D1irector N Linguswamy especially flew down from the South to give Sonakshi a narration. But at the end of it she felt that the story had little for her to do." After playing prominent parts in Dabangg and films Joker, Rowdy Rathore, Lootera and Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai 2, she felt Vettai would not be a right career move for her.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enter...580598.cms

04-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Sonakshi takes revenge on Shahid
Meena Iyer, TNN | Apr 17, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Everyone knows Sonakshi Sinha ditched Shahid Kapoor for the remake of Vettai. Incidentally, one hears that Sasha is actually saying he wasn't even considering doing Vettai and the press has just gone to town with various scraps of information on the film and its casting.

That be as it may, there's an interesting twist to the Sona-Sasha story.

We hear it could have been a case of tit for tat. Says a trade source, "Shahid was to do Punit Malhotra's movie. And Sonakshi Sinha was to be his leading lady. She had reportedly worked out her dates to match Sasha's. However at the 9th hour, Sasha decided to back out of Punit's film, leaving Sona stranded."

Naturally, this time around, when Sonakshi was asked to match dates to suit Shahid; she backed out. As it is she is now committed to start the Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai sequel."

Sonakshi's business manager Zahid Khan admitted that Sona and Shahid were to team up for a film that didn't work out. However, he denied there being any animosity between the two young actors. Says he, "We are waiting for a suitable script where Sonakshi can team up with Shahid."

As for Punit Malhotra, one hears he is working on a new script altogether. And this time around, he may go back to his I Hate Luv Storys hero Imran Khan.

Watch this space to see if Sona fits in or Punit's eternal favourite Sonam Kapoor is brought in.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enter...689337.cms

04-18-2012, 09:54 AM
'Salman Khan is the best'

Published: Wednesday, Apr 18, 2012, 12:52 IST

By Prachi Kadam | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Actress Sonakshi Sinha is just one film old, but the lass is already working with some of the big names in the film industry.

Having made her debut in the industry with actor Salman Khan in Dabangg, Sona believes that she wouldn't have got a better start in her career, thus negating rumours of trouble in paradise with her mentor.

“Salman and Arbaaz(Khan) saw me at a college fashion show, and asked me to be Rajjo in their film. I hesitated at first as I wasn't sure. But when an actor like Salman Khan feels that you have what it takes to be an actor, you can’t not believe him. When I was convinced and ready for the role, he mentored me through not just acting, but also my gymming and well being."

So what about all those stories of tension between the two on the sets of Dabangg 2? “Firstly, after Dabangg released it took me two months to really accept the fact that the film had reached such massive levels and that audiences loved me. Post that, both of us were busy with our respective projects, but whenever we met at events or functions we were as comfortable with each other as we were during the shooting of the film. Rumours of a problem between us amuses us no end, as many a times when they’re busy making us fight, we’re actually having fun shooting for the film. I have immense respect for Salman. He is the best. Why would we have any problems with each other?” retorts Sona.

The actress, however, does reveal her plans to keep the fashion designer in her alive.

Acting was never part of the plan. I was very keen on fashion designing, but destiny had other plans for me. I plan to do something in fashion when I get some time off from acting. May be start an affordable line for Indian bodies,who ain’t really size zero kinds. Lots of times, I’ve seen young girls find it difficult to get their size clothes. I’ll also ensure that the designs are more suited to our climate.I keep in mind all these factors even while endorsing a brand. As they say, you can take a person out of fashion, but not the style sense out of the person," smiles Sona.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/re...ha_1677428

04-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Sonakshi all set for first item number

The actress is gearing up for her first item number for her forthcoming film with Akshay Kumar

April 18 08:29:53, 2012

Mumbai
Hiren Kotwani

Move over Chikni Chameli…Chikni Kamar is arriving soon. Close on the heels of Katrina Kaif’s item number, Sonakshi Sinha is all geared up to set the screen ablaze with her gyrations in her first ever item song.

[Image: Sonakshi-Sinha_1.jpg]

The actress is rehearsing her sexy moves over the next few days, before heading to Hampi where she will shoot for it with Akshay Kumar for their forthcoming film. Sonakshi prefers to call the track — ‘a complete masaledaar song’ — choreographed by Vishnu with valuable inputs from her director and ace choreographer Prabhudeva.

The actress reveals that she had started practicing her moves earlier, but had to take a break to shoot two films in between, one with Ajay Devgn in Patiala and another with Ranveer Singh in Kolkata. “Now that I’m back, I’m going to push myself and get the steps as perfectly as I can,” she enthuses, adding that the dance track has several complicated moves.

Camping at Hampi
Sonakshi explains the decision behind choosing Hampi as the shoot location, “It’s a very picturesque location and given the kind of film it is, the idea is to make the song also look larger than life.”
She’s also quick to add that keeping in mind the weather, it’s going to be very hot. “So Akshay and I will have a tough time,” she smiles.

No crazy workouts
While we’ve heard of actresses working harder at the gym to get a sexier body for their item songs, Sonakshi hasn’t been given any such instruction by her director. “Prabhudeva and everyone else I’m working with like me the way I am.

Although I'm trying to fit in my gym sessions between my work schedules, I’ve not been banned from eating anything either,” she enthuses. Will Sona’s Chikni Kamar steal all the oomph from Chikni Chameli? “No comments,” pat comes the actress’ reply.

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/201...number.htm

04-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Sonakshi Sinha has no intentions to get skinny!

Published: Sunday, Apr 8, 2012, 9:19 IST
By Prachi Kadam | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

[Image: 1673016.jpg]

She may be one-film old, but actor Sonakshi Sinha’s debut in Dabangg almost two years ago created enough sensation to now have all eyes riveted to her upcoming releases. And she has quite a few biggies releasing this year. It’s also an acid test for her as post her debut film, Sona has covered the entire gamut of bouquets to brickbats for her very Indian looks and body.Despite that, the actor will be seen sporting the desi look in most of her films.

Point out to her that at a time when every other heroine’s vying for ultra glam roles, isn’t her decision to stay faithful to the Indian look a big risk? “No, not at all!” says Sona promptly.“In fact, I am very proud of my Indian looks, body and features. It’s also getting me rolesthat filmmakers don’t see other actors being able to fit in. Besides, at a time when all actors debut in mini skirts, shorts and bikinis, I dared to debut in a ghagra-choli and was loved by audiences. I personally feel that the Indian look is my USP. I also believeone can look glamourous even with ethnic looks,” she adds.

Ask her about the constant speculations about her weight and Sonakshi quickly adds, “I am a tall andbroad girl. I have a very Indian body frame, and am aware that I cannot take the skinny route. And why should I? Why should I do something that everyone else is doing? I’m absolutely fit, healthy and comfortable with myself.My fans have accepted me the way I am, and the best part is that my filmmakers are happy that they have an option now.”

So is donning a bikini or doing an item number off her list of things?” Yes, donning bikini in a film is certainly out of question. As far as doing an item number is concerned, as of now I don’t plan to, but I also believe in the saying ‘Never say never’. But currently I am quite enjoying being the lead heroine of a film than just doing an item number. But in future, may be for a friend...”

Finally talking about her personal life being constantly scrutinised, Sona says, “I am so busy working that I do not have time for anybody.So when I am linked with my co-stars or anyone for that matter, it’s stopped bothering me as my family is well aware of the truth. But if such rumours come out whenI’m outdoors, I worry for my mum. As a mother, such stories do upset her. But since I come from a film family, it still is a bit easier to understand the dynamics of these things. I am my father’s girl and know how to not let all such things affect me or my work.”

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/re...ny_1673014

04-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:34am IST

Rowdy Rathore: Sonakshi Sinha's item song 'Chikni Kamar'

[Image: akshayrowdy-630.jpg]

Mumbai: Move over Chikni Chameli...Chikni Kamar is arriving soon. Close on the heels of Katrina Kaif's item number, Sonakshi Sinha is all geared up to set the screen ablaze with her gyrations in her first ever item song.

The actress is rehearsing her sexy moves over the next few days, before heading to Hampi where she will shoot for it with Akshay Kumar for their forthcoming film. Sonakshi prefers to call the track — 'a complete masaledaar song'-choreographed by Vishnu with valuable inputs from her director and ace choreographer Prabhudeva.

The actress reveals that she had started practicing her moves earlier, but had to take a break to shoot two films in between, one with Ajay Devgn in Patiala and another with Ranveer Singh in Kolkata. "Now that I'm back, I'm going to push myself and get the steps as perfectly as I can," she enthuses, adding that the dance track has several complicated moves.

IBNLive

Camping at Hampi

Sonakshi explains the decision behind choosing Hampi as the shoot location, "It's a very picturesque location and given the kind of film it is, the idea is to make the song also look larger than life." She's also quick to add that keeping in mind the weather, it's going to be very hot. "So Akshay and I will have a tough time," she smiles.

No crazy workouts

While we've heard of actresses working harder at the gym to get a sexier body for their item songs, Sonakshi hasn't been given any such instruction by her director. "Prabhudeva and everyone else I'm working with like me the way I am.

Although I'm trying to fit in my gym sessions between my work schedules, I've not been banned from eating anything either," she enthuses. Will Sona's Chikni Kamar steal all the oomph from Chikni Chameli? "No comments," pat comes the actress' reply.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/rowdy-rathore...803-8.html

04-20-2012, 11:39 PM
Video:Salman train Sonakshi & Katrina to lose weight

http://aajtak.intoday.in/videoplay.php/v...-khan.html

04-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Katrina and Sonakshi bury the hatchet

Mumbai Mirror | Apr 24, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Not so long ago, Sonakshi Sinha had taken a few digs at Katrina Kaif. Later, she did a volte-face by sending messages to Kat to clear the air. At the time though, Kat did not respond.

However, it now appears Sona and Kat have decided to let bygones be bygones. It is learnt that on Friday night at the inauguration of Sohail Khan's wife Seema Khan's spa in Bandra, the two actresses hugged and made up. What's more, Salman Khan was also present.

An eye witness at the event told Mirror, "Sonakshi and Katrina went around the entire spa, sharing their views about it with each other. They were having so much fun. In fact, a lot of eyebrows were raised looking at just how friendly they were toward each other."

At the spa, it was as if nothing had ever happened between them. And while it is true that there has never been any open fight between the two actresses, ever since Sonakshi's big bang Bollywood debut with Salman Khan-starrer Dabangg, she and Kat have never seen eye to eye. They have studiously avoided each other at public events.

So who waved the white flag this time around? Said the eye witness, "That is not known. It was more of a spontaneous reaction from both sides. You could say better sense prevailed."

And while we can only guess as to what or who was the cause of the cold war between Sona and Kat, with Sallu having taken a keen interest in mentoring both of them, a friend of Katrina confirmed all that is behind them. "It is good to see the two heroines bond after a long time. A rare thing in B-town," the friend said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enter...833904.cms

04-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Sonakshi feels people will do anything to create news!

Sonakshi Sinha seems to be in a philosophical mode

April 25 08:46:13, 2012

Mumbai
The Hitlist Team

She feels some people do anything to create news — be it imaginary link-ups or fights between celebs. And then adds, “…keep kaam se kaam. Best way to stay away from all this taam jhaam”! Someone is giving gyaan, isn’t it?

[Image: Sonakshi-Sinha_2.jpg]

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/201...e-news.htm

04-25-2012, 10:26 PM
I deserve all accolades: Sonakshi Sinha

Published: Wednesday, Apr 25, 2012, 11:09 IST
By Sneha Mahadevan | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

[Image: 1680393.jpg]

Ever since actor Shatrughan Sinha’s daughter, Sonakshi made her debut in B-Town, there has been an extremely high level of interest and curiosity about the star kid. Though she made her debut in Dabangg in 2010, in two years, the actor hasn’t had a single release after that, though she has been shooting for her projects back-to-back. Now, she has her hands full with Rowdy Rathore, Joker, Race 2 and a couple of more projects. Ask her if the interest and the intense pressure of being a superstar’s daughter has died down and she quips, “I don’t know really. I hope it never dies. I want people to have expectations from me. That is what I thrive on. The pressure that people say we (star kids) have is what pushes us to go that extra mile and do even better.”

Two years after Dabangg, she’s now ready with her second release Rowdy Rathore, but the gap between her two releases does not seem to have made any dent to Sona’s popularity. Could that have been possible if she was not a star kid? “That phrase would be valid in my case if I was sans any talent, if I went unnoticed and didn’t get the kind of acceptance and feedback from the industry,” she defends. “All the accolades that came my way were well deserved,” adds the young actor. In her next film with Akshay Kumar, besides playing the lead, she will also be seen grooving to an item song, Chikni Kamar. “I wouldn’t like to call it an item song because it isn’t really one in that sense. It is a fun song and a great number. I love to dance and irrespective of what people think about my dancing abilities, I had a ball,” she says.

Besides her films, there has also been constant scrutiny about her personal life, something the actor claims to be ‘non-existent’. Talking about link-ups, Sona says that they are a part and parcel of the industry. “Everyone here has their privacy invaded to some extent. But frankly, I don’t react to it. My parents will be the first people to know about my relationships and I definitely won’t wait for them to read it in the newspapers,” she says, adding, “It’s funny how these stories circulate. I’m too busy to have a personal life now.” So, wouldn’t she want to change that? For love? “I am not looking for love. It can’t be forced or resisted.When it has to happen, it will happen. I can wait,” says Sona.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/re...ha_1680391

04-27-2012, 09:48 AM
Sonakshi Sinha's sibling rivalry in Bollywood

Iti Shree Misra, TNN | Apr 27, 2012, 12.00AM IST

First it was Parineeti Chopra who jumped in to give competition to cousin sis Priyanka Chopra, now actor Sonakshi Sinha has also got competition from elder cousin sister Bhavna Ruparel.

Bhavna is going to be making her lead debut in a film titled "Chalo Pichchur Banate Hai". Directed by Pritish Chakraborty, Bhavna is paired opposite Rahil Tandon in the film, which Bhavna says is, 'a film within a film'.

Talking about how she bagged the role Bhavna says, "It was through Facebook that I got this offer. I went for auditioning and got selected. This was the first ever offer for a full-fledged acting debut that I received. I liked the script and my role and hence I gave my nod."

Although Bhavna is not completely new to the industry, she has earlier done cameo roles in a few films and also done a few ads. "Earlier I have acted in few movies like 'Na Tum Jano Na Hum' where I played Esha Deol's sister and then in 'Joggers Park' as the niece. I did a music video of 'Pehla nasha'," Bhavna added.

The shooting of "Chalo Pichchur Banate Hai" was mostly done in Goa and is expected to release in end of June.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enter...879223.cms

04-28-2012, 10:35 PM
‘I’m secure in my place’

Apr 28, 2012 - Reena Kapoor

[Image: mov_211.jpg]

She may be just one film old, but Sonakshi Sinha has already been the epicentre of way too many controversies. But instead of being perturbed, the actress flashes a brave grin and says, “I’m getting used to it.”

No sooner did the rumours linking her up with Ranveer Singh fizzle out, than a new one involving Salman Khan spurred off. Recently, there were talks of Salman being upset with her for leaking details about Dabangg 2 to the unit members of her other films Son of Sardar and Rowdy Rathore. “That’s utter rubbish,” she says. “I am responsible enough to understand what is to be said and where. I say things at my own discretion and Salman has never questioned me on anything,” she adds.

It’s not just the actors, her equation with other actresses have also been a talking point. When she was seen giving Katrina a warm hug at a recent event, people began to wonder if they have buried the hatchet. “I don’t know Katrina personally; I have only met her a few times and there has been no animosity between us. Hence the question of patching up doesn’t arise. I am happy and secure in my place,” says a pragmatic Sona.

That should put wagging tongues to rest, for now at least.

http://www.asianage.com/bollywood/i-m-se...-place-972

05-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Posted on May 04, 2012 at 12:42pm IST

Is Sonakshi Sinha too old for Ranbir and Shahid?

[Image: sonakshi-feb19.jpg]

Mumbai: After Sonakshi went public with her claim that she was more comfortable working with older men, looks like the actress is getting a taste of her own medicine. Now, the younger actors in Bollywood apparently don't want to be paired with her, reason being she would look too old next to them.

We have learnt that while Sona was keen to pair up with Ranbir Kapoor, he feels she will look way older to him on screen. The same sentiment is apparently being echoed by RK’s good friend Shahid Kapoor as well. Interestingly, it seems Sonakshi is not aware of Ranbir's opinion about her. However, she is believed to be in the know-how about Shahid's view about her looks.

While it has been reported that Sonakshi turned down the remake of 'Vettai' some weeks ago because he opted out of Punit Malhotra's next for Karan Johar, our source attributes it to her being upset hearing about Sasha taking digs at her.

Jokes apart

Our informer explains, "Sonakshi is very keen to work with Ranbir and Shahid, who are closer to her age. More so since she's also working with Imran Khan in Milan Luthria's sequel to 'Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai'. But it seems she heard about Shahid joking that she would look older to him if they were to do a film together. That's why she's said to have declined the remake of 'Vettai'."

Incidentally, this perception is said to be coming from the fact that almost all of Sona's co-stars have been older guys. With two films with Salman Khan, three with Akshay Kumar and another with Ajay Devgn, 'Lootera' is the only film where she romances a comparitively younger actor, Ranveer.

As our source says, “Probably, that is why Ranbir declined a film, whose producer wanted to cast Sonakshi.” Interestingly, oblivious to this, Sonakshi is still keen to be cast in a project with Ranbir and is believed to have conveyed the same to her business manager.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/is-sonakshi-s...713-8.html

05-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Sona is proud to be the desi babe

May 18, 2012

By Joginder Tuteja

[Image: 18SONAKSHI-SINHA-NEW.jpg.crop_display.jpg]

Sonakshi Sinha is unmoved by the criticism that she plays only desi girls in films. The actress is in fact proud that she has created a niche for herself playing the quintessential desi chammak challo on the big screen. Unlike most Bollywood hotties, who have been playing Western roles, Sonakshi has limited herself to typical Indian roles. While in Rowdy Rathore she plays a Patna girl, the actress will be seen recreating the magic as a UP girl in Dabangg 2, a sardarni in Son of Sardar and a Bengali in Lootera.

Sonakshi in fact finds this entire desi v/s cool comparison quite funny. “Some out there want me to feel that I am doing something wrong. But aisa nahi hai. My parents are very happy with my choices. As a matter of fact, before working on any film, I consult with them. They are content that I am in an Indian space and playing such characters. That’s all that matters,” she said. In fact a family source tells us that the entire Sinha family finds it amusing when Sonakshi is talked about as this quintessential desi Indian girl.

Will Sallu’s Tiger change the game?
Salman Khan is always known to be a trendsetter, be it dancing around shirtless or making hit remakes of South Indian films. While with Wanted, Ready and Bodyguard, Sallu started the trend of remaking South Indian films, now with Ek Tha Tiger, Sallu is looking forward to bringing the focus back on original scripts.

“After the success of Salman’s films, just about everyone started following Tamil and Telugu cinema. At last count, at least half-a-dozen South remakes are on floors and another half a dozen have the casting process in progress. However, the trend isn’t expected to last long because Salman himself is doing a slick urban entertainer like Ek Tha Tiger. It is all set to take Bollywood in a different direction,” says an insider. Besides, Ek Tha Tiger is not just Yash Raj Films’ most expensive offering till date, it is also one film where Salman would be seen playing a RAW agent and would be seen globe trotting.

According to insiders, Bollywood film-makers have started taking it easy instead of investing in new scripts and talent. And as of now the only film that is expected to have a free run is Rowdy Rathore, since it would be released before Ek Tha Tiger. “Akshay is being seen in this avatar after ages so it still carries good level of excitement. Ditto for Ajay Devgn who is doing the Himmatwala remake,” the insider added.

Well, here’s hoping the best for you Salman!

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/...i-babe-457

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter