Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Elizabeth Taylor
03-24-2011, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2011 08:15 AM by moimeme.)
Elizabeth Taylor
I've been depressed since last night about Elizabeth Taylor's death. Today, I've finally got myself to where I can start reading the articles about her. I came across this:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obit...4_CV_N.htm

As I read it though, I was struck by how similar Elizabeth Taylor's life was to Salman's. (yes, I have Salman on the brain all the time; you're surprised?)

Look at some of the things the article says:

"There's such a tendency to diminish her talent while looking at her stardom. I don't think they have to be separated, they're one and the same. But you can't escape the awesome power of her stardom."

"The level of her fame and glamour and the sheer dazzle of the woman was unparalleled. I don't know if we'll have that kind of movie stardom again."

"She was so remarkable at making us care equally about her personal life as much as we cared about her movies. We got it all with her."

But she didn't court the attention. "She wasn't a calculating diva," Mann adds. "She got the media exposure because of the way she lived her life. She wasn't out there seeking it. It came to her."

"When her friends started dying of AIDS, at the time people wouldn't even mention the word ... she not only mentioned it, she shouted it from the rooftop. She had an extraordinary moral compass."

"She had great lust for life — when she fell in love, she fell in love hard,"

"Hers was the fully lived life," "To me, her life spelled passion. She lived by her heart and died by her heart."

Can't all these things be said of Salman, as well? though fortunately he's still alive.

(And yes, yet one more similarity to Salman: even on such a sad and solemn occasion, some idiots couldn't stop themselves from making snarky comments.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2011, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2011 08:28 AM by ktm gal.)
RE: Elizabeth Taylor
moi ..you have perfectly compiled the similarities of her life with Salman.

She was one of my favourite actress..

May her soul R.I.P Sad Sad Sad

[Image: BNLyR8BCMAIxdGm.jpg:large]
03-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Yes, she was absolutely gorgeous. When I finally saw my first film with her (after reading about her marriages for so long), I was surprised at how good an actress she was. That hardly ever got talked about.
03-24-2011, 09:42 AM
(03-24-2011 09:10 AM)moimeme Wrote:  Yes, she was absolutely gorgeous. When I finally saw my first film with her (after reading about her marriages for so long), I was surprised at how good an actress she was. That hardly ever got talked about.
The media are the same everywhere whether it's east or west.They gossiped abt her affairs & marriages more than her acting talent. Sad

[Image: BNLyR8BCMAIxdGm.jpg:large]
03-24-2011, 02:16 PM
A queen is dead. Extraordinary woman!
03-24-2011, 03:18 PM
RIP Elizabeth Taylor! She was quite a remarkable woman I remember reading her very detailed BIO a while ago. Moi you have summed up her similarities with Sal really well. Isn't it unfortunate even now after her death when I was watching a show dedicated to her, ppl couldn't help but talk some more about her personal relationships. Nevermind May her soul rest in peace.
03-28-2011, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2011 09:35 AM by nurainfarizan.)
I was reading her last few tweets @dameelizabeth. Moi, you were comparing her to Salman, and through her tweets, I can see how similar their outlook on life is - compassion, humility, selflessness, individualistic, wise, living life to their fullest.

"I would like to add something to my earlier tweet. Always keep love and humility in your heart."
"Never let yourself think beyond your means...mental, emotional or any otherwise."
"You are who you are. All you can do in this world is help others to be who they are and better themselves and those around them."
"Give. Remember always to give. That is the thing that will make you grow."
"That is the thing that will give back to you all the rewards that there are. Don't do it for yourself, because then it becomes selfish."
"Because then it becomes about yourself...which is wrong. Giving is to give to God. Helping is to help others."
03-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Wow, thank you so much for those tweets, Nur. You're right, they sound very much like Salman's tweets. While I always admired her for her beauty and acting, when she became a friend of Michael Jackson and stood by him through all the negativity, I really admired her as a person.

One thing about her multiple marriages -- I saw an interview with her on TV a long time ago -- possibly the late 70's or early 80's. At any rate, it was after the time that people living together without marriage had become accepted in American society (which probably makes it the 80's). The interviewer asked her why she got married so many times, and she answered that she didn't believe in having affairs, and that if she was in love with someone, the only way she thought she could act on that love was to marry that person. I thought that was interesting point of view.
04-04-2011, 10:17 PM
What a great woman she was indeed...
Moimeme, I am afraid that Salman his life will be sad, good people suffer a lot.
Look at Michael Jackson, when ever I think of him I get tears in my eyes...
Elizabeth Taylor a real woman with a golden heart...
I get so emotional because of such good people...

Love the life you live... Live the life you love...

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter