Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Abhishek Bachchan
12-28-2012, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2013 04:06 PM by ktm gal.)
RE: Abhishek Bachchan
27 Dec 2012 Hindustan Times (Delhi)Aditi Caroliaditi.caroli@hindustantimes.com AGENCIES

Sallu-abhi: bahut yarana lagta hai!

Actor Salman Khan, who turns 47 today, seems to be giving himself an unlikely birthday gift — a new friend in his ex-girlfriend Aishwarya Rai’s husband, Abhishek Bachchan.

Salman and Abhishek, who’ve maintained a dignified distance after Aishwarya married Abhishek in 2007, appeared to bury the hatchet at a Christmas party thrown by industrialist Sunny Dewan in Mumbai.

According to Mumbai Mirror’s sources present at the bash, the two actors were seen bonding big time late into the wee hours of the party.

What surprised most was that Aishwarya was present at the do and retreated into a corner, looking visibly uncomfortable when her husband and Sallu bonded. “Salman came in after midnight and later, put his arm around Abhishek. The two walked into a corner and chatted for a long time and stayed on till 5 am,” the tabloid quoted a guest as saying.

Meanwhile, Salman, who is set for a surprise birthday-cum-Dabanng2 success party at the Khan household today, is also talking a lot to his arch-rival Shah Rukh Khan’s close buddy, filmmaker Karan Johar, of late. The two were seen spending a lot of time at the Dabangg2 premiere and after-party last week. “Karan stuck like glue to Salman,” said a source present at the venue.

Hindustantimes

[Image: BNLyR8BCMAIxdGm.jpg:large]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2013, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2013 04:06 PM by ktm gal.)

Abhishek and Aishwarya to perform at TOIFA

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, Mar 28, 2013 - 16:12 hrs IST

[Image: 63574595.jpg]

Call them as Bollywood's 'it' couple or the power packed couple, one has to give it to them for being the most sought after couple! We are indeed talking about Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, who will now be seen performing at the Times Of India Film Awards (TOIFA) at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver on April 6. The event will be hosted by Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma alongwith Boman Irani. Even though Ash performed at the recently concluded 50th Pond's Femina Miss India, 2013, this will be her first international performance after the birth of daughter Aaradhya. Buzz is that the couple will be spending many days at British Columbia Vancouver.

While Shiamak Davar will be choreographing a big concert at the Pacific Coliseum, there will also be the screening of many Bollywood movies on April 5. Other names who are expected to grace the occasion include the likes of Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif, Priyanka Chopra, Sunidhi Chauhan and others. News has it that the British Columbia government is spending $9.5 and additional $1.5 million in many aspects of this event that is expected to strengthen ties between British Columbia and India.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/176...m-at-TOIFA

12-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Abhishek Bachchan upset over being left out, Dhoom 3 team apologises

India Today Online New Delhi, December 11

It's no news that Abhishek Bachchan, who's also part of the Dhoom 3 crew, has had to inadvertently stick to the sidelines. There was a hardly a promotional event for the film, where Aamir Khan and Katrina Kaif didn't take center stage.

This, of course, didn't go unnoticed by Bachchan junior either, given he's had a long-standing association with Yash Raj films and played a prominent role in the previous two parts of the series.

[Image: abhishek_for-story_660_121113051205.jpg]
Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra work as a team in Dhoom 3

The real kicker, though, was when even the production company forgot to invite him to some events, and Abhishek could do was keep quiet and swallow some really bitter pills. The actor was reportedly none too happy with Aamir Khan stealing the spotlight.

Sensing this, 'Dhoom 3' producer Aditya Chopra and his team reportedly met with the actor to make up for all this before it was too late.

All we can say is, 'Ouch!'.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/abhis...30646.html

12-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Abhishek Bachchan: Dhoom is my film and I am the hero

Press Trust of India | December 15, 2013

Actor Abhishek Bachchan, who has been a constant feature in the Dhoom series, says he is the hero of the film which could not have been made without him and co-star Uday Chopra.

In the third installment of the Dhoom series, Abhishek and Uday are reprising their roles as Jai Dixit and Ali Akbar, respectively, while actors Aamir Khan and Katrina Kaif form the antagonist duo.

"Dhoom is my film and I am the hero. Nobody can take that away from me. You can be the biggest or the smallest star but Dhoom is about Jai and Ali. It is as simple as that. If the characters of Jai and Ali are not there in Dhoom, the film won't be there," Abhishek said.

There were reports that Abhishek was not happy with the way the film was being promoted.

"You should ask the people who decide the marketing strategy which evidently isn't me. It is my film and wherever they ask me to come I will. Obviously, I want to stand by it. If they feel there are certain events where they don't want me to be around, what can I do about that. Do I feel bad for it? No, I don't give attention to these things," he said.

Aamir Khan, who plays the baddie in Dhoom: 3, seems to have been following the mantra of less is more as far as promotions are concerned. And Abhishek agrees with it considering 'Dhoom' is a popular franchise in itself.

"I think it matters from case to case. In a film like Dhoom, I think it doesn't need any stars. It doesn't need Aamir, me and Uday. Dhoom has become a franchise in itself, you can have newcomers and it will do great," Abhishek said.

Abhishek said Dhoom has become a brand in itself and there is no need to go out and promote the film aggressively.

With the focus this time more on Aamir, Junior Bachchan does not feel sidelined, as he is a constant feature in the film.

"Why should I feel sidelined? I am in the film, you can't take me out. The audience doesn't care whose film it is. Till date, one of the greatest film was Amar Akbar Anthony where you had all the big heroes - dad, Vinod Khanna, Rishi Kapoor and others. It was everybody's film," Abhishek said.

Walking down memory lane, Abhishek said Dhoom was his first successful film and he made some wonderful friends.

"When we started Dhoom nobody thought it will be this monster that it is today. At that time, we were trying something new. I remember that time Adi saying to redefine the action genre, let's make it cool and make something young, have bikes and nice songs. Nobody knew that it is going to have a sequel. It has always been fun to be working on this franchise," the actor said.

When his attention was drawn to Uday Chopra's comment that Dhoom: 3 would be his last film as an actor, Abhishek said he will convince his actor friend if the fourth part in this hit franchise were to be made.

"Uday had stopped acting since quite some time. It was in 2010 when he took the decision to move to LA and become producer. He has just come here to do Dhoom: 3 because the character Ali is close to his heart. If Dhoom 4 happens, I will get him to do it," Abhishek added.

http://movies.ndtv.com/bollywood/abhishe...ero-458954

12-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Abhishek Bachchan open to working with Salman Khan?

by Aparna Mudi

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

[Image: Salman-Abhishek.jpg]

New Delhi: Abhishek Bachchan is under the spotlight for his upcoming movie ‘Dhoom 3’. Abhishek recently revealed that he is open to working with Salman Khan too.

In an interview with a leading daily, the ‘Dhoom’ actor revealed that he has worked with all the Khans and having worked with Salman in two films before, he doesn’t mind working with him again.

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan also recently said that he is open to working with Salman, and it seems that the ‘Dabbang’ star is fast burying past hatchets and starting to please a lot of Bollywood heroes.

When asked whether Abhishek was open to working with the third big Khan, i.e. Salman Khan, the star told the daily, “I am open to working with anybody. I have done two films with Salman in the past.”

Salman Khan and Abhishek Bachchan have been known to avoid each other due to Khan’s alleged past relationship with Abhishek’s wife Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. But, in recent times it seems that both the parties have moved on. Amitabh Bachchan also recently posted photographs of him hugging Salman during a shoot. `

It always feels good when actors let bygones be bygones and make up. Hopefully we will see Salman as well as Shah Rukh in the next instalment of ‘Dhoom’. And that may just break all existing records all over the world!

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/c...47963.html

10-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Abhishek Bachchan steals the show as Nandu Bhide in Shah Rukh Khan-Deepika Padukone’s Happy New Year!

Tue, October 28, 2014

[Image: abhishek1.jpg]

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip...abhishek1/

11-06-2014, 04:47 PM
'Happy New Year' is the most nonsensical film: Jaya Bachchan

Sushmita Murthy | November 04, 2014

[Image: JAYA-BACHCHAN-AT-TATA-LITER_0_0_0.jpg]

Jaya Bachchan was speaking at literature festival in Mumbai. (Photo: DC)
Mumbai: Farah Khan’s Happy New Year may have broken all box office records in terms of the moolah it made, but the film is being panned by critics and movie-goers alike for its content. Joining the fray is actor Jaya Bachchan. That her son Abhishek is part of the film did not deter the actress from snubbing it on a public forum.

At a recently concluded literature festival in Mumbai, the actress said, “HNY is the most nonsensical film I’ve seen in recent years. I said that to the film’s lead actor as well. I watched it only because Abhishek was part of it. I told him he’s a great actor if he can act stupid in front of the camera like that. I can’t be part of what is being done in films these days and hence I don’t do films anymore,” she said.

The topic of discussion at the session was “the failure of literature in informing current cinema” and actress went on to say, “Unfortunately cinema today is about business, not art. We call good films ‘art house cinema’. What does that even mean? All cinema is art.” This is not the first time that Jaya has spoken her mind. During a media event recently, she snapped at the paparazzi for calling Aishwarya “Ash”.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/141104/en...sical-film

Jaya slams son Abhishek's Happy New Year, calls it most nonsensical film

New Delhi, November 4, 2014

It is usually said your mom is your best critic and rightly so, as Abhishek Bachchan and his work in Happy New Year has been slammed by none other than but mommy dear Jaya.

At Tata Literature Live Mumbai LitFest Jaya said, "HNY is the most nonsensical film I've seen in recent years. I said that to the film's lead actor as well. I watched it only because Abhishek was part of it. I told him he's a great actor if he can act stupid in front of the camera like that. I can't be part of what is being done in films these days and hence I don't do films anymore."

A leading portal quoted Jaya also as saying, "Unfortunately cinema today is about business, not art. We call good films art house cinema. What does that even mean? All cinema is art."

[Image: abhishek-story_650_110414041846.jpg]
HNY is the most nonsensical film I've seen in recent years.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/jaya-...99095.html

http://www.media247.co.uk/showbiz/jaya-b...sical-film

11-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Amitabh Bachchan apologises to Shah Rukh Khan for Jaya Bachchan’s “nonsensical” remark on Happy New Year!

Thu, November 6, 2014

[Image: shahrukh-khan-bachchans-0611114.jpg]

Big B sent a text message to Shah Rukh; while AbhiAsh went to his house to apologise

Jaya Bachchan is known to speak her mind. But it often doesn’t go down well with the parties concerned. And this time she seems to have hurt Shah Rukh Khan’s feelings. At a event earlier in the week, JB told the media, “HNY is the most nonsensical film I’ve seen in recent years. I said that to the film’s lead actor as well. I watched it only because Abhishek was part of it. I told him he’s a great actor if he can act stupid in front of the camera like that. I can’t be part of what is being done in films these days and hence I don’t do films anymore.”

The senior actress was just voicing her opinion, which she had already shared with SRK, but when it was said on a public platform, it offended everyone connected to the film. Even though they have a song called Nonsense Ki Night in the film, her calling the film ‘nonsense’ didn’t go down well with the team.

When reports of what Mrs B had said at the event began filtering in, Big B sent a text message to SRK apologising on his wife’s behalf and explaining that she didn’t mean to insult him or the film. He felt it was needed because their family friendship aside, it is their son Abhishek Bachchan who has received maximum applause for Happy New Year. Adds an insider, “Later that night, Abhishek and Aishwarya went to Shah Rukh’s house to apologise to him directly.” But it is learnt that Gauri greeted the couple and spent time with them, but SRK did not meet them.

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip...-new-year/

03-21-2015, 07:36 PM

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter