Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Official Zarine Khan Topic
05-11-2010, 11:59 AM
The Official Zarine Khan Topic
Zarine Khan honoured by PETA for rescuing cat

Zarine Khan, who shot to fame as Salman Khan's leading lady in her Bollywood debut Veer, has been conferred the 'Hero to Animals' Award by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for rescuing a cat.

The actress, who has a soft corner for animals, rescued the malnourished cat from the streets of Mumbai and rushed her to a veterinary hospital.

Not only did she pay regular visits to check on the cats's progress, but she also walked barefoot to Mahim Dargah to pray for her recovery.

Now the cat has found a shelter in Zarine's home, who has given her the name Softy.

"The rescue of Softy show that Khan's beauty is much more than skin deep. We hope that her compassionate action will inspire others to always stop and render aid when they see an animal in distress and to adopt dogs and cats, not buy them," said PETA campaign coordinator Madhuri Deshmukh in a statement. PTI

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?Section=Movies&ID=ENTEN20100140740&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&keyword=bollywood">http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx ... =bollywood</a><!-- m -->
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Re: The Official Zarine Khan Topic
That's sweet. I'm terrified of cats though. I don't know why. I'll have to conquer this fear.
Find all posts by this user
05-11-2010, 01:50 PM
awwwwwwwww why r u terrified of cats? They are so adorable. I have 3 cats and 3 kittens right now, 3 or 4 more kittens on the way Big Grin I have always had cats and almost all of them very rescued or were born of the ones I rescued. One cat I have is 3 legged. Got him when he was a kitten and a skeleton for that. Rescued him from the market. Even I did not think he was going to make it when I got him. But MASHALLA today he is such a grown BIG tom cat.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Haha... They are cute, and i actually have no idea why they scare me! The funny thing is when they know you're scared of them, they'll start following you. Well at least the cats in my area does haha...
Wow that's a lot of cats you've got! And 3-legged cat? Wow, that's one spirited cat you've got!
10-26-2010, 12:22 PM
RE: The Official Zarine Khan Topic
That is very cute. But I have an aunt who has some twenty five cats and they are all strays. They all walk in and she feeds them and takes care of them like they are her babies. She is a very soft and concerned person and the only time you can see her livid is when she hears or sees some atrocities done against animals. My point is that this lady got lauded because she is a celebrity. There are real life heroes who do so much more.

watch faces
03-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Oodles of fat lost = big film gained

After a dud-ly Veer, Zarine bags Sajid Khan's Housefull 2

Kunal M Shah

Posted On Friday, March 18, 2011 at 02:06:24 AM

Zarine Khan hit the headlines with her striking similarity to Katrina Kaif. And after a box office dud Veer, opposite Salman Khan, she hit the gym. The latter has finally paid off!

After making a cameo appearance in Salman Khan's Ready, Zarine will now be seen in Salman's close friend Sajid Nadiadwala's film Housefull 2. She has already signed the project.

When contacted, Sajid Khan, the director of the film confirmed the news, saying, "Yes, she has joined the cast along with Asin and Jacqueline. However, I won't be able to tell you whom she has been signed opposite as the screenplay is quite twisted.

Sajid Nadiadwala gave the story idea. Tusshar Hiranandani, Sajid-Farhad and I are writing the screenplay. Sajid-Farhad are writing the dialogues as well."

So how was Zarine finalised? "I met her at a cancer association function with my producer Sajid Nadiadwala. That's when we saw how beautiful she has become.

She has lost a lot of weight as well. Within a week we decided to sign her for the film," revealed Khan.

Nadiadwala confirming the news, said, "I have known her for a long time. We have been family friends and I am glad that we are working together."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/2...ained.html

[Image: BNLyR8BCMAIxdGm.jpg:large]
04-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Salman to help Zarine get bikini fit?

TNN | Apr 13, 2011, 03.57pm IST

Zarine Khan may have to lose oodles of weight to get into a two piece...

Zarine Khan has bagged a role in Sajid Khan directed Housefull 2. And we hear, the girl will have to shed some kilos in order to become bikini fit, as is demanded of her. Though Zarine hasn't confirmed if she will or won't wear a bikini, there are talks that the actress is on an extreme strict diet and has started working out hard to get into good shape.

Now, just like Salman Khan was Sonakshi Sinha's inspiration to lose all that fat, he's back giving some health tips to Zarine. "Bhai keeps giving everybody health tips. So its no big deal. If anyone goes up to him and tells him he/she wants to lose weight and get fit, the tips will come," we are told.

However, if Zarine Khan does become the hot and sexy damsel and dons herself in a bikini, this one may just go 'house full'!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enter...971103.cms

05-10-2011, 09:52 AM
'I am glad Salman is promoting me'

Says young actor, Zareen Khan, who has time and again been called a Katrina Kaif look-alike and Salman Khan's discovery

Sneha Mahadevan

Looking visibly radiant and having lost those extra pounds, actor Zareen Khan is all set for the new phase of her life. Post her debut film, Veer which failed to work at the box office, Zareen went into hiding after her detractors voiced their unflattering opinions about her. The critics didn't spare her either. Zareen admits that she was affected by the talks doing the rounds and went into a shell, determined only to come out much stronger. Today, the actor is happy and contented and the reason is that her new song with actor Salman Khan has become the talk of town.

"Character dheela hai was so much fun to shoot for and working with Salman is always something I look forward to. When I was offered the song, I knew it would pick up, but I didn't know it would go on to become this popular," she gushes. Zareen has come a long way from being the shy, demure girl to being a confident and bold one. Ask Zareen if it bothers her that ever since she stepped into the industry, she has been labelled as Salman's discovery, and she nonchalantly says, "These things don't upset me anymore. I would be more than happy to be promoted by him. And yes I am very much his discovery and I am glad he is promoting me. What is wrong with that?"

She adds, "I have no idea why people always misconstrue Salman and his actions. He is a gem of a person and has a heart of gold. He is always out there to help everyone. Nobody is a saint and everyone has a good side and a bad side to them but with Salman, only the latter gets written about."

Salman aside, Zareen's next project is Housefull 2 where she will apparently been seen in a glam avatar. Confirming reports she says, "Yes I will be seen in a different, really glamorous and super fit avatar. I'm hoping I don't have to wear a bikini. But, if it's required and is aesthetically shot, then I don't mind."

m_sneha@dnaindia.net

05-14-2011, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2011 01:58 PM by ktm gal.)
Zealous Zarine
By IANS
Published: May 14, 2011 MUMBAI:

[Image: Zarine-PHOTO-FILE-640x480.jpg]
Zarine, the Katrina Kaif look-alike actor, wants to make a good impression in her film roles.

Link-ups get an actor good mileage in gossip columns and something similar happened to British-born actor Zarine Khan, when she debuted opposite Salman Khan in Veer. But she has no qualms admitting that when she is in trouble, she falls back on him.

“I don’t know about the camp, but, yes, I believe in being loyal to the person (Salman), who brought me to the industry. He doesn’t have a block in his head. In professional life, I am free to do whatever I like. I do not have a Bollywood background and do not know a lot of people here; so whenever I am in a fix, I fall back on Salman,” Zarine said.

She has been roped in for Housefull 2 and says it will help her in breaking out of her image. “I really wanted to do this film because I wanted to break the perception of people who thought that because I am from the UK, I can’t speak Hindi or that, I am not fit for a particular look. I wanted to break the image I had during Veer. I think Housefull 2 will help me in proving my point,” she added.

For the sequel to the 2010 comedy Housefull, director Sajid Khan has cast a new set of female actors — Zarine, Asin Thottumkal and Jacqueline Fernandez, who did an item song in the first instalment. The male leads have also been reshuffled slightly — while Akshay Kumar has been retained, John Abraham is the new entrant.

Zarine’s weight issue followed her to Housefull 2 too — she has been asked to get into shape for the comedy. “The film excites me as well as makes me nervous because the role in the movie is ultra glamorous and I am expected to be super fit. I am really trying hard. We are going to start shooting in the mid of this month. I have a very long way to go in very little time. The most important thing for me is the weight loss because the only thing I was told was to get into shape,” said Zarine, who doesn’t mind working in a multi-starrer. “It’s a setback for a newcomer not to have a Bollywood background. If you have a father or someone who is from this industry, then you don’t have to suffer the partiality that happens.”

But the positive response to her item song “Character Dhila” with Salman in Ready has raised her hopes.

“Veer was a dream debut with Salman. Everything was so good, but the film didn’t do well. It was written off everywhere, my weight was criticised. I was wondering what went wrong and why no one was supporting me? The media just broke me off. Whatever event I attended, they wrote about my dressing and my weight again and again. I was very disappointed. After ‘Character Dhila’ becoming a hit, people’s perspective about me has changed. People have started accepting me,” said Zarine.

Zarine added, “After Housefull 2, I might be doing another film that I am not sure of as yet, but it’s not with Salman.”

Published in The Express Tribune, May 14th, 2011.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/168075/zealous-zarine/

05-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Zarine Khan is Vikram’s heroine
vikram-zarine-khan-14-05-11
May 14, 2011

[Image: vikram-zarine-khan-14-05-11.jpg]

Vikram had signed up for a movie with debutant director, Kannan who has made a name for himself as a special effects whiz. The film is going to be a visual extravaganza and will be called Karikalan. The two of them searched high and low for a suitable leading lady and finally zeroed in on Zarine Khan.

Zarine made her debut in Salman Khan’s Veer and played a Princess in the movie. This will be her first foray into Tamil cinema. Actor Pasupathy also has an important role in Karikalan. The music will be composed by Harris Jayaraj. Karthik, will be the cinematographer and the film is to be produced by Silver Line Film Factory.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-n...05-11.html

05-14-2011, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2011 10:14 PM by MORGANE.)
Cool! things are going at to speed for Zarine. Thanks salman.
05-18-2011, 06:39 PM
When in trouble, I fall back on Salman: Zarine Khan
IANS
Posted on May 13, 2011 at 11:32am IST

Relationship rumours keep newcomers in the news and something similar happened to Zarine Khan, born and brought up here, when she debuted opposite Salman Khan in Veer. But she has no qualms admitting that when she is in trouble, she falls back on him.

"I don't know about camp, but, yes, I believe in being loyal to the person (Salman) who brought me to the industry. He doesn't have any block in his head. In professional life, I am free to do whatever I like. I do not have a Bollywood background and do not know a lot of people here; so wherever I am in a fix, I fall back on him (Salman)," Zarine said in an interview.

"I was a struggling model and was looking for some kind of work to take care of my family. I was doing small print ads now and then for saris. One day I got a call from Mukta Arts. They called me on the sets of Yuvvraaj. There I met Salman. When I asked for his autograph, he said, 'No sweetheart you will sign autograph for the world'. Later I got to know that he has selected me for the film," she added.

[Image: zarine_khan_130311.jpg]

Zarine has been roped in for Housefull 2 and says it will help her in breaking her image.

"I really wanted to do this film because I wanted to break the perception of people who thought that because I am from the UK, I can't speak Hindi and I am not fit for a particular look. I wanted to break the image I had during Veer. I think Housefull 2 will help me in proving my point," she said.

For the sequel to the 2010 comedy Housefull, director Sajid Khan has cast a new set of actresses - Zarine, Asin Thottumkal and Jacqueline Fernandez who did an item song in the first instalment. The male leads have also been re-shuffled slightly - while Akshay Kumar has been retained, John Abraham is the new entrant.
Zarine's weight issue followed her to Housefull 2 too - she has been asked to get into shape for the comedy.

"The film excites me as well as makes me nervous because the role in the movie is ultra-glamorous and I am expected to be super-fit. I am really trying hard. We are going to start shooting in the mid of this month. I have a very long way to go in very little time.

"The most important thing for me is weight loss because the only thing I was told was to get into proper shape," said Zarine who doesn't mind working in a multi-starrer.

"It's a setback for a newcomer not to have a Bollywood background. If you have a father or someone who is from here, then you don't have to suffer the partiality that happens."

But the positive response to her item song Character Dhila with Salman in Ready has raised her hopes.

" Veer was a dream debut with Salman. Everything was so good, but the film didn't do well. It was written off everywhere, my weight was criticised. I was wondering what went wrong, why no one is supporting me? The media just broke me off. Whatever event I attended, they wrote about my dressing, my weight again and again.

"I was very disappointed. After Character Dhila becoming a hit, people's perspective about me has changed. People have started accepting me," said Zarine.

Asked if she has any other project in her kitty, she said, "After Housefull 2, I might be doing another film that I am not sure of as yet, but it's not with him (Salman).

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/when-in-troub...-8-66.html

05-19-2011, 04:11 AM
It is funny how much negativity I read about her and this comes from salman fans, I am not sure why whatever she did to get all these fans hate her so much. Poor thing is right everyone went on a negativity campaign for no particular reason. There is absolutely nothing wrong with salman promoting her, if he promoted everyone else then why not Zarine. I wish people would give her a break and move on. I am glad things are looking up for her now.
05-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Some fans dont want any women around salman!!!Smile
They push it a bit!
05-19-2011, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2011 09:10 PM by ktm gal.)
Zareen's interested in another Khan
TNN | May 20, 2011, 12.04am IST

While Salman is the hot flavour of the season (at least with all the ladies), a few of his favourite beauties have taken a detour.

To the King of Khans that is. Yeah, it's hottie, Zareen Khan (Sallu's leading lady in the long forgotten Veer and the Character Dheela gal from his forthcoming film).

In an exclusive interview with zoOm, she confessed, "I would love to work with SRK."

When quizzed about how her mentor Sallu would react to that, she confidently added, "I am a Salman loyalist and I am sure he won't stop me from working with SRK."

Apparently, the Ready gal, Asin, is also gearing up to work with SRK (in 2 States) and sometime ago, Sonakshi (a die-hard Salman loyalist) had expressed a desire to work with King Khan. Well, we don't think Salman could care much about it; the raas leela will go on, anyways, hai na? And there's nothing 'dheela' about it too. Lol!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enter...441894.cms

*I am n't at all surprised. It has become the norm. Once the girls achieve success, it's always Srk or Aamir, they wish to work with. I somehow agree with Mr. Salim Khan that girls use Salman. It's nobody but Salman to blame. Katrina said in one of her interview that Salman is ever ready to help a person .That person only has to shed tears in front of Salman.*

05-20-2011, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2011 04:30 AM by *Mini*.)
^^^ Come on Samu this is Zoom, they probably asked her if she wanted to work with Srk. And she is far from achieving success, she has been written off so many times. I would not call her successful. Yes Asin maybe but not Zarine.
Besides I am 100 % positive salman doesn't mind them working with srk after all these girls are not salman's girl friends so it is a purely professional decision. She has also stated "I am a Salman loyalist and I am sure he won't stop me from working with SRK."

Morgane you are right guess some salman fans believe Zarine is using salman where as in actual reality salman felt bad that people wrote zarine off in Veer where he made her a promise that she will become a star. That's why he is trying to promote her. Zarine was actually a fan who asked for his autograph if sal selected her to star in his movie it is hardly her fault.
05-20-2011, 01:14 PM
06-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Sonakshi & Zarine congratulate Asin for 'Ready'

Joginder Tuteja, IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, June 07, 2011]

For the world out there he may be everyone's 'bhai' but for all his on-screen leading ladies, especially the ones belonging to the newest breed, he is pretty much the man to be adored. No wonder, these girls are so attached to Salman Khan that this virtue has been rubbed on amongst them as well. This was pretty much on display last weekend when Asin, Sonakshi Sinha and Zarine Khan bonded during the special screening of 'Ready'.

"Together they were like a house on fire when Asin, Sonakshi and Zarine came face to face for the screening of 'Ready'. Detractors would have wished for some fireworks or at the least a few cold vibes but to their utter disappointment, the girls interacted and chatted from nineteen to the dozen," informs a fellow actor who was also present for the screen.

[Image: asin7611_01c.jpg]

Now this came as a surprise to many as each of these three girls is currently on the list of favourites for Salman. The man has already done two films with Asin in the form of 'London Dreams' (flop) and 'Ready' (historic opening). With Sonakshi he has delivered a blockbuster in 'Dabangg' and would also be doing 'Kick'. As for Zarine, though his 'Veer' didn't quite tick, he has promised to do another film with her soon.

"Naturally there have been speculations around rivalry between the three girls," says an industry observer, "However the fact is that such stories are being spread only within the industry circles by the rumour mongers. Between the three of them, there is no ill feel at all. In fact they exchange notes around their films and are also lavish in their compliments."

This was evident a few weeks back when Asin and Zarine congratulated each other when their respective tracks from 'Ready' - "Character Dheela" and "Dhinka Chika" - turned into huge hits. Then on Friday, Sonakshi was quite lavish in praising Asin for her performance in 'Ready' while also stating that she had loved the film. With such bonding, guess the industry diktat of cat fights has been pretty much thrown out of the window by the new breed of girls.

"Exactly, gone are the days when girls indulged in ugly cat fights or bitchy remarks," quips Asin who has successfully managed to stay away from any controversy whatsoever since she was seen first in a Hindi film with 'Ghajini' (2007), "Yes, there is competition but in a healthy way. Everyone is busy and realises that only insecure people carry negative energy with them. Thankfully none of us girls think that that. I guess now you would have to think of new headlines and stories for filling up your gossip pages."

Never say never Asin, we will still manage to find something interesting while doing that. You stay tuned!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi...67425.html

06-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Salman's my friend, philosopher, guide, mentor: Zareen Khan

KRUTI LAKHLANI, TNN | Jun 24, 2011, 12.00am IST

Clad in a simple black t-shirt and basic blue jeans with no trace of make up, Zareen Khan looked gorgeous when we met up with her at her hotel room.

Barely minutes later when she changed to a bright green ghaghra and a fuchsia pink and gold embellished choli, she looked every inch the movie star that she is. As she struck picture perfect poses for the camera, we couldn't help raving about her flawless skin. So, what's the secret to that? Zareen smiled,"Well, my skin is very sensitive, so I don't experiment much with it and prefer to keep it natural. I am blessed with good genes and I eat right. That's all." Zareen who's lost a lot of weight and has shaped from flab to fab over the last few months follows a strict fitness regime. "When you are part of showbiz, it's your job to look beautiful and stay fitness. Plus, you've got to eating smart and exercise regularly. When you feel healthy, it boosts your confidence level and it reflects on your face," she says.

Zareen who made her Bollywood debut last year in the big budget flick Veer opposite super star Salman Khan has been tagged as Salman's 'discovery' ever since, but she seems to be taking it in a positive way. "I am Salman's discovery and I have no problems when people say that. Whatever I am today is because of him. I feel very proud that I am associated with him." She further adds, "I am new to the industry and I hardly know people here. I know only Salman and turn to him whenever I need any help. He has been a friend, philosopher, guide and mentor. He has helped in every possible way to push my career and for that I can't thank him enough."

There were reports on her and Sonakshi's catfight over Salman. She laughs, "Sonakshi is very sweet and friendly. We have met a couple of times and shared warm vibes. We laughed when we heard this rumor." But she also agrees that two leading ladies can never be friends. "Friendship between two actresses is possible only if one is an average performer and the other is a contender for the top slot. If both are vying for the queen's crown and the same kind of films then there's bound to be jealousy and competition."

This was her second tour to Gujarat in the same month. She says, "Although I had been to Gujarat before, it's my first trip to Surat. I am yet to explore the city but whatever I have seen while coming to the hotel, is amazing. People are so warm and friendly. I also want to taste Gujarati food before I leave." Now that's the predictable line that we had been expecting!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enter...964463.cms

01-10-2012, 11:54 AM
On right track to make my own individuality: Zarine Khan

By: IANS Date: 2012-01-10 Place: Mumbai

Actress Zarine Khan, who was more in news for being a Katrina Kaif-look alike than for her performance in her debut film "Veer", is happy that finally she is being recognised as 'Zarine'.

Click here for video

[Image: zareen.jpg]

"Till now I was only being compared to XYZ and I was really struggling to make a mark for myself... probably I am on the right path to make my individuality, which gives me immense pleasure," said the 27-year-old, who earned praise for her item song "Character Dheela" in "Ready".

The actress had a dream debut opposite Salman Khan and is being tagged 'lucky baby' of Bollywood.

Though she is trying to find a firm foothold, Zarine says she has no idols.

"To be very honest, I have no idols because I never wanted to become an actress. I have become an actress by destiny. But yes, I do look up to a lot of people here. Everybody is a superstar, everybody is so big in their own way. So, I look up to everybody and learn from everybody," said Zarine who is also working in Tamil film "Karikalan".

She is looking forward to a happening 2012 as - "Housefull 2" - lined up for release.

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/201...e-Khan.htm

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ~~::The offical Kareena kapoor Topic::~~ ktm gal 49 67,418 09-22-2017 12:40 AM
Last Post: Mithun
  The Official Shah Rukh Khan Topic! Mistahlilg 525 672,810 12-21-2015 08:54 PM
Last Post: ktm gal
  The Official Aamir Khan Topic!! *Mini* 570 711,483 12-02-2015 10:52 PM
  ~~::The offical Ranbir kapoor Topic::~~ khawar 130 184,246 11-25-2015 12:31 PM
  Official Sanjay Dutt Topic shefali 39 59,465 08-28-2015 06:35 AM
  Imran Khan Maria 56 84,776 07-13-2015 06:33 PM
  The official Preity Zinta Topic *Mini* 121 170,105 09-13-2012 09:03 PM
  * The Official Topic - Govinda * Guest 21 35,168 03-28-2012 02:00 PM
  The official Salrina thread rhea 2,260 2,328,638 03-29-2011 12:05 AM
Last Post: moimeme
  Actor-filmmaker Feroz Khan passes away at 70 Maria 3 8,742 05-02-2009 01:55 AM
Last Post: Guest