Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last Movie You watched!
10-10-2011, 01:23 PM
RE: Last Movie You watched!
I thought you have seen it and gave it three stars, Shava?

The Namesake - It is about a Benguli family whose move from Calcutta to New York evokes a lifelong balancing act to meld to a new world without forgetting the old. Seeing it again after quite long time. And years after watching it first time, still get that same ache in my heart for Gangoli family. Also, It makes you think how your parents suffered and fought for years for the sake of YOU yet you're not satisfied and instead of rewarding them you selfishly strive for small things!

I Loved each character and each experience in that tale. Not to forget Irfan's and Tabu's fine portrayals. These two actors are stunners!

~A shaky child on a bicycle for the first time needs both support and freedom. The realization that this is what the child will always need can hit hard.~.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2011, 01:44 PM
(10-10-2011 01:23 PM)Grendizer Wrote:  I thought you have seen it and gave it three stars, Shava?

The Namesake - It is about a Benguli family whose move from Calcutta to New York evokes a lifelong balancing act to meld to a new world without forgetting the old. Seeing it again after quite long time. And years after watching it first time, still get that same ache in my heart for Gangoli family. Also, It makes you think how your parents suffered and fought for years for the sake of YOU yet you're not satisfied and instead of rewarding them you selfishly strive for small things!

I Loved each character and each experience in that tale. Not to forget Irfan's and Tabu's fine portrayals. These two actors are stunners!

I read Namesake too. Tabu and Irfan make a really good couple in the movie.
10-16-2011, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2011 04:25 PM by Grendizer.)
^^ I was like watching Magic! unfortunate to us that they have not been casted together after TN!

Things we lost in the fire - Loss, recovery, and human contact. One of the most moving films I have ever seen! Sad but not depressing, Joyful but in unconventional way, Conveys a message but not preechy. Don't give it a try, Just WATCH IT ASAP. 5/5

~A shaky child on a bicycle for the first time needs both support and freedom. The realization that this is what the child will always need can hit hard.~.
10-16-2011, 05:50 PM
(10-16-2011 04:17 PM)Grendizer Wrote:  ^^ I was like watching Magic! unfortunate to us that they have not been casted together after TN!

Things we lost in the fire - Loss, recovery, and human contact. One of the most moving films I have ever seen! Sad but not depressing, Joyful but in unconventional way, Conveys a message but not preechy. Don't give it a try, Just WATCH IT ASAP. 5/5

Is that movie with JLo?
10-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Nope, Shava. It has Halle Berry and Benicio Del Toro. Smile

11-15-2011, 04:33 AM
Puss in the Boots

Very creamy Big Grin

4.5/5
11-16-2011, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2011 12:06 AM by nasra.)
Something Borrowed, Watched this movie yesterday, and I love it so much...
Friendships are tested and secrets come to the surface when terminally single Rachel falls for Dex, her best friend Darcy's fiancé.
Something Borrowed, Watched this movie yesterday, and I love it so much...
Friendships are tested and secrets come to the surface when terminally single Rachel falls for Dex, her best friend Darcy's fiancé.

Love the life you live... Live the life you love...
11-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Rockstar - Clumsy story, Incredible music, Ranbir was good at portions, and annoying the hell outta me at others. Nargis was Blah, surprised? As a big admirer of Imtiaz Ali, I'm so disappointed with his fall down since LAK, I hope it has ended with Rockstar. 2/5

11-19-2011, 05:08 PM
(11-15-2011 04:33 AM)supershava Wrote:  Puss in the Boots

Very creamy Big Grin

4.5/5

The cat with sword does funny, funny things in the trailer.

11-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Once Upon A Time In Mumbai

Awesome!

4/5
11-27-2011, 01:36 AM
Real Steel

Robotastic 4/5

Hugo

Engaging 4/5
11-28-2011, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2011 09:56 PM by Grendizer.)
7 Aum Arivu - Long and dragging. 2/3

Volver - I Liked it, has an unpredictable story. 3/5

11-29-2011, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2011 05:18 AM by nurainfarizan.)
Magadheera - Full of masala goodness Smile Smile 4/5
11-29-2011, 11:37 AM
What didn't you like in MD, Nur? I mean, how come it's not getting 5/5? Smile
12-10-2011, 04:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2012 04:35 AM by supershava.)
(11-24-2011 08:40 PM)nurainfarizan Wrote:  Once Upon A Time In Mumbai

Awesome!

4/5

It was super boring for me. I couldn't keep up with the pace. It was damn slow and I fall asleep half way through.
01-18-2012, 04:36 AM
MI4- awesome stuff 4/5

Hugo- best movie last year 5/5

Drive- Carey Mulligan has grown on me 4/5

Dolphin Tale- kids were great in the movie 4.5/5

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)