Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last Movie You watched!
01-03-2011, 08:38 PM
RE: Last Movie You watched!
spiderman3
i love hero movies Smile

You love, because you love. There is no reason.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2011, 11:57 AM
I saw The King's Speech yesterday, and I liked it very much, though I was amused to see that I knew all the main and supporting actors. It's like they only have 10 actors in all of Britain, and you keep seeing the same ones over and over again in their movies or TV. Sort of like Bollywood, I guess, but at least there it's because of all the nepotism.

Anyway, I'm not really going to talk about the movie here, though it has many merits, but about its star, Colin Firth. Now I discovered Colin Firth, like many people, I guess, with the 1995 TV series of Pride & Prejudice. I didn't even know about it the first time it was aired, and only saw it on its second showing. Like many people, especially women, I thought he was the perfect Darcy, developed a little crush on him, and also thought he was a fine actor -- so I immediately looked up his filmography and rented as many of his films as I could find. They weren't all great -- far from it, in fact. I kept wondering why such a good actor should have such appalling taste in films, or if those were the only roles he could get. Anyway, I guess, he was about 32 or 33 then, and looked great. Now he is 50, and, even before watching The King's Speech, I was a little disturbed by all the stills I was seeing from it, because he looked so aged! While watching the film, even as I admired his fine performance, I kept being dismayed at how old he looked. Sad Yes, I know, how shallow of me, but there it is. Then I got to wondering if, in another five years, Salman would look like that as well, but I just don't think so. I really don't expect him to look significantly different than the way he looks now. I don't think he should be playing 25 year old, or even 30 year old characters, but he'll be just as fabulous as now. So why the difference? Is it just genetics? Does Salman take better care of himself than other actors? (Anil Kapoor, who also just turned 50, still looks good, if not as good as he looked when he was 30)

Anyway, that was what was going through my mind as I saw my former crush Colin Firth in a very good role and performance. I do recommend the film to everyone.
01-31-2011, 10:41 PM
'King's Speech' wins top prize at SAG awards

Los Angeles, Reuters:

''The King's Speech'' won the top prize at the Screen Actors Guild award on Sunday, giving the British royals drama yet another Oscar boost.

The film's star, Colin Firth, continued his awards-season sweep, taking home SAG's best actor prize for his role as a stammering King George VI.

Natalie Portman was named best actress for her role as an unhinged ballerina in "Black Swan."

The supporting prizes went to Christian Bale and Melissa Leo for "The Fighter."

The SAG awards are a good indicator of Oscar success because actors in the U.S. film and TV industry make up the largest voting group among members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. The Oscars will be handed out on Feb. 27.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/1334...prize.html

[Image: BNLyR8BCMAIxdGm.jpg:large]
02-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Black Swan

I watched this movie recently what can I say everywhere I turn I read extremely positive reviews, everyone can't stop praising this movie. It even won Oscars but honestly I don't get all the hype surrounding this movie. I maybe the odd one out but I guess evaluating any movie is a matter of personal taste. This movie is clearly one of those films where the filmmaker is provoking extreme reactions. You either love it or hate it I guess that’s my way of saying that I couldn’t stand Black Swan. I can see why everyone loved Natalie Portman's performance, she definitely portrayed a vivid performance as a childlike ballerina who is battling her own womanhood, under the eagle eye of an overprotective mother. I was expecting to see a nice thriller instead I was introduced to a psychological horror film that left me quite distressed. You see a mentally disturbed/Paranoid/perfectionist character's struggle within herself throughout the whole movie. She hurts herself often and thinks everyone is out to get her. This movie teases its audience, deliberately blurring the line between reality and fantasy, which shows the inner torment of its main character. Grrr Long story short I was quite disturbed hence simply hated it but won't give it a zero because of the great performances.

5/10
02-04-2011, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2011 06:28 PM by Ananda.)
Remember Me

Love this movie. I actually bought it & don't usually buy movies. (Other than Salman ones.)

This is one of those movies that is like watching glimpses of peoples lives & the struggles they go through
internally & how that affects them in how they relate to other people.

The depth of the main character Tyler is so beautifully portrayed, you actually forget you're
watching a movie it feels very much like you are actually watching his life play out.

It has a great underlying message, which begins with the first line of the movie - a quote from Gandhi.
Which is very true, we don't know how our every little descision affects/changes people, nor how far reaching.

This movie has affected me & I am a better person for having watched it. I am living life more on purpose now.
Becoming a more active participant of my own destiny.

I hardly ever have recommended a movie, I recommend this one to anyone over 18.
Please be advised this is not a 'feel good' movie. It is raw and there are 2 short sex scenes. But it does wake you up to the fact that whether you like it or not, you are affecting the people in your life - and your life may be shorter than you know, so make sure you are making - - -

well, just watch the movie.
07-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Super 8

Best kids summer movie.

9/10
08-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Arya - loved it, plus Allu Arjun does funny funny things to me. 4/5

Also, I saw this illogical movie Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat where three guys are in love with an expressionless heroine. 1/5
09-03-2011, 08:06 AM
The Help

I read the book couple years back. I kinda enjoyed the movie but its glamorized for no reason.

3/5
09-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Urumi - It was a period epic. it was AMAZING. Santosh Sivan has never made a bad movie before and his cinematography is always beyond gorgeous. 4/5

Oh, and have this ridiculously gorgeous, sexy song from Urumi:

10-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Mausam- super yucky

2/10
10-03-2011, 08:08 PM
[quote='supershava' pid='50139' dateline='1317571798']
Mausam- super yucky

2/10
Wow! you are harch, is this movie that so bad ?
10-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Delhi Belly - It was Yuck, OTT and pathetically Pretentious. Couldn't relate to it. Loved the songs though. 1/5

~A shaky child on a bicycle for the first time needs both support and freedom. The realization that this is what the child will always need can hit hard.~.
10-04-2011, 04:43 AM
(10-03-2011 08:08 PM)MORGANE Wrote:  [quote='supershava' pid='50139' dateline='1317571798']
Mausam- super yucky

2/10
Wow! you are harch, is this movie that so bad ?

I am not so harsh Morgane, the movie was really bad. I wanted to walk out after 50 mins and ending was unintentionally funny. Two songs were good but rest was aweful. It was worse than Dil Se. Dil Se is like the worse movie I ever saw in my life and Mausam is one of the worse.
10-04-2011, 01:58 PM
@Grendizer: So what was so path-breaking about Delhi Belly that all the critics and even people like Anurag Kashyap making noise about?

@Supershava... Aww, I heard very diverse response to Mausam. Some love it and some hate it! I wanna watch it but let's see. I really like Dil Se so maybe I'll like Mausam? Hmmmm...
10-05-2011, 12:24 AM
@Supershava: You almost make me want to watch Mausam, since I consider Dil Se as one of the best films I have ever seen. Smile But I found its promos ultra boring, so probably I'll continue not to watch it.

@Grendizer: You have mentioned seeing Tamil, Telugu, and now a Malayalam film. Have you seen any Kannada films? May I ask if you know all these languages, or do you watch them with subtitles?
10-05-2011, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2011 02:54 AM by Grendizer.)
Nur, Critics can go take a hike! Seriously, they would hype any movie that looks "out of the box" without giving a damn about it's content value. I don't get their own definition of a good film!!!!

One of Delhi Belly's lead, has nothing to do but shi****g throughout the movie! needless I say more.

We shouldn't bother ourselves about Anurag's cinematic vision here! Since he is a big fan of Aamir and his dream "As he claimed" is to work with the Man! Wink

@ Moi, I watch them with subtitles. Smile Yes. Mr. Duplicate is the last one I have seen.

~A shaky child on a bicycle for the first time needs both support and freedom. The realization that this is what the child will always need can hit hard.~.
10-05-2011, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2011 03:34 AM by Grendizer.)
Rise of the Apes - Incase you're fond of science fiction films, with animals revolt against man's inhumanity, this one is a perfect tale for you. I liked it, However it tends to be pretty predictable at some portions in the first half but things turned to become very well established in the second half. overall, I had an enjoyable time watching it. 4/5

10-07-2011, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2011 04:28 PM by supershava.)
(10-05-2011 03:33 AM)Grendizer Wrote:  Rise of the Apes - Incase you're fond of science fiction films, with animals revolt against man's inhumanity, this one is a perfect tale for you. I liked it, However it tends to be pretty predictable at some portions in the first half but things turned to become very well established in the second half. overall, I had an enjoyable time watching it. 4/5

The whole movie is BS, I don't think IRB will ever approve such experimentations.
Contagion- 4.5 out 5, if you are fond of science/research related movies. It was one the best movie I saw so far this year.
10-07-2011, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2011 07:52 PM by Grendizer.)
Shava, I think It's meant to be fantasy. probably you can't relate to such themes?

The Help - Noble theme, Fine performances, And Mini jakson's comic act which can't be ignored.

The only minus I can think of is the pace. It was deadly slow in the first half. Anyway, give this one a try. It's quite real. 3.5/5

10-09-2011, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2011 01:43 PM by supershava.)
(10-07-2011 07:15 PM)Grendizer Wrote:  Shava, I think It's meant to be fantasy. probably you can't relate to such themes?

The Help - Noble theme, Fine performances, And Mini jakson's comic act which can't be ignored.

The only minus I can think of is the pace. It was deadly slow in the first half. Anyway, give this one a try. It's quite real. 3.5/5

Yeah fantasy genre would be appropriate for POTA.

The Help is pretty good, I read the book couple years back. Somehow it reminds a lot about Secret Life of Bees.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter