Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The official Preity Zinta Topic
06-10-2009, 02:58 AM
Re: The official Preity Zinta Topic
wow I have totally abondoned this gal? How did she become single again??!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Preity Zinta on her break-up with Ness Wadia

09 Jul, 2009 11:21 am ISTlMUMBAI MIRROR

[Image: photo.cms?msid=4757102]

Actress Preity Zinta is back in Mumbai after a long time. The actress, who has been out of the film circuit for sometime now, has been travelling and spending time with family and friends across Europe and the US. Preity Zinta said, “I had been travelling to America, London and Europe for a little less than a month.”

Preity Zinta spent a lot of time with her brother and his daughter in Los Angeles. “I also spent time with my best friend, Shagun Khanna and her daughter in London. Then I was in Europe for two weeks. Most of the Mumbai girls like Malaika Arora, Seema Khan, Surily Goel and Gauri Khan were in London.” She then went to Paris with Surily.

Buzz is that Preity Zinta went travelling to recover from a broken heart. After all she recently broke up with boyfriend Ness Wadia. She laughed, “I needed a break and I took one. Of course, I’ve gone through a break-up, but that’s personal. The only reason I speak to the press about what’s happening in my life is because I’m linked with the wrong men. Now, I want to work so hard that people discuss my professional life rather than my personal life. You can invite people to your home but you don’t take them to your bedroom. I’ve to preserve a certain part of me away from the limelight.”

Preity Zinta admitted that her break-up with Ness Wadia had invited curiosity, considering that they were together for a long time. “But then that’s life. It’s filled with unpredictable twists and turns. I have come out of the relationship smiling. Every experience in life helps you grow. You preserve the positive and move on. There’s no point dissecting it. Everything is so temporary. Even a Michael Jackson dies,” she said.

Preity Zinta is completely at peace with herself. “Either they’re writing about my broken heart or calling me a home breaker. I don’t care. I’ve to live with my conscience. I’ve to look myself in the eye in the mirror. I need my space. For those who want to know how I am, I am fine,” she added.

Is she still closely associated with the IPL? Preity Zinta candidly admitted that she will now shift her professional focus to acting. “I’ll only be there for the matches as opposed to being constantly involved with the IPL activities. The first two years, I gave all of myself to IPL. I’m on the verge of signing two new films with very big banners. But before that, Main Aur Mrs Khanna with Salman Khan will be out. Though I’ve a cameo in the film, it is an interesting role.”

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://movies.indiatimes.com/News-Gossip/Preity-Zinta-on-her-break-up-with-Ness-Wadia/articleshow/4756585.cms">http://movies.indiatimes.com/News-Gossi ... 756585.cms</a><!-- m -->

[Image: BNLyR8BCMAIxdGm.jpg:large]
07-30-2009, 05:56 AM
^^thanks for this Samu, miss her movies looking fwd 2 seeing her in Mr and Mrs K wif Sal
02-13-2011, 12:26 AM
RE: The official Preity Zinta Topic
Preity Zinta: Hats off to Big B, Sallu SRK, Akki and PC

Preity Zinta: Hats off to Big B, Sallu SRK, Akki and PCIt seems Bollywood actress Preity Zinta, who will be hosting the Indian version of "Guinness World record", is finding her stint on small screen hard.

"Just finished shooting 1 of the Guiness world record episodes! Hats off to Amitji, Salman, Shah Rukh, Akshay and Priyanka Chopra for rocking TV as its SO TIRING ! Phew! (sic)," Preity wrote on microblogging site Twitter.

The show will be telecast later this year on Colors.

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=44553

02-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Preity Zinta
All my co stars r wonderful but Salman Khan is a class apart! He stood by me when it mattered the most & that i can never forget!

02-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks my Preity for salman.
i love SO MUCH this woman.
04-04-2011, 12:03 AM
[Image: Gotcha2_030411.jpg]
Hoist the flag!
Preity Zinta carries her own flag for the party hosted by SRK at Mannat.

06-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Excerpts from Preity Zinta Interview from Filmfare ..

When I was emotionally drained Salman Khan called me up -

Tue, 2011-06-07 21:26

Did any of the stars call you when you were going through trying times?
When I was emotionally drained Salman Khan called me up. He said, “Zinta, if there’s anything I can do for you, even financially, just tell me.” He called me home, understood what I was going through. It was huge for me, made me emotional. Really appreciated his gesture. I don’t meet most of my colleagues for days on end. And Salman out of the blue, just called. You realise the true worth of people who stick by you when you are down and out.

04-10-2012, 11:27 PM
An eight-hour trip to the Alps

April 11, 2012
By Joginder Tuteja

when it comes to Ishkq in Paris. The actress recently went around the French Alps in eight hours — all to film a scene that won’t last even eight minutes in the movie.

“This is for a very important sequence that was to be shot in a moving train,” said a crew member. “Since the time and resources on hand were limited, director Prem Raj had to plan the entire shoot in such a manner that everything had to be wrapped up in the eight-hour trip that the train makes.”

Apart from logistics, the other thing on the crew’s mind was the strict deadline enforced by the French authorities. “Since Preity and Prem had permission to shoot for only one day, they had to get everything right even before they stepped onto the train,” the crew member added. “We got what we wanted and the results will show on screen,” said Prem about the scene.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/...p-alps-311

04-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Salman Khan in Preity's Ishkq In Paris
Hindustantimes.com
New Delhi, April 03, 2012

Salman Khan and Preity Zinta have worked together in films like Chori Chori Chupke Chupke, Har Dil Jo Pyaar Karega and Jaan-e-man, and now the duo would be seen in Zinta's home production Ishkq In Paris. "And Yesss.. Salman will be a part of Ishkq In Paris & I am super excited !!! Wait n watch people 4 all fun cuz for now my lips are sealed!" Preity announced on Twitter.

"Thanx guys 4 da good wishes 4 Ishkq In Paris! Yes, I've co written it wid Prem Raj but its directed ONLY by Prem Raj.
#purefacts
that's all!" She added.

"So excited to start ISHkQ IN PARIS soon! Been a long time since I've been in front of a camera. Too long! Time 2 get back into the groove! (sic)," Preity had shared on Twitter.

Preity was last seen in Deepa Mehta's Heaven on Earth, a 2008 Canadian film. The film was dubbed in Hindi as Videsh.

The dimpled actress has several hit films to her credit including Koi Mil Gaya, Kal Ho Na Ho, Veer Zaara, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna among others. But she later changed her gear for a while and became an owner of IPL team Kings XI Punjab.

This year Preity launched her own production company, PZNZ Media and the first film produced under the banner is this romantic comedy directed by Prem Soni.

"Really looking forward to going to my favorite city Paris! I'm sure in some birth I lived there. That's why the city keeps calling me back...!," Preity had said.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainm...34833.aspx

04-11-2012, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2012 09:48 PM by ktm gal.)
April 10th, 2012 | 10:00 IST

Preity Zinta gets nervous on stage!

[Image: preity_ipldance_side1.jpg]

It's been a while now we've seen the vivacious Preity Zinta perform on stage. The actress, who kept away from the limelight for a few years, was super tense about her stage performance at the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) 5 in Pune.

The 37-year-old posted, “On April 8, KXIP play Pune and I will be performing at the stadium! Doing it for Ganesh Hegde who I started my career with and OMG I am Nervous (sic)”.

“It's been 3 and a half years since I last performed on stage. Suddenly the butterflies have doubled,” she further posted.

Preity Zinta is the co-owner of IPL's team Kings XI Punjab (KXIP).
The actress is presently working on her first home production titled “Ishq in Paris ”.

http://www.b4utv.com/showtime/gossip/201...iety.shtml

04-17-2012, 07:02 AM
I & Ness are friends, not best friends: Preity Zinta
Upala KBR, TNN | Apr 17, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Preity Zinta on ex Ness Wadia, her IPL team, Yuvraj Singh and turning producer

A lot has happened in Preity Zinta's life in the last year. She was in the news when team Punjab, owned by Ness Wadia and Mohit Burman ran into trouble with BCCI. Then there were rumours that they were planning to sell their stake in the team. Her working relationship with her ex-beau Ness was also under speculation. Amidst all this, she took a big leap and launched her plans to turn producer. Too much was happening in PZ's life. It was finally time for a tete-a-tete. Read on for excerpts:

Last year, you were not visible beyond the IPL. On a break?

Not at all. Lots of exciting, interesting and new things have been happening in my life, so the preparation and planning behind those things happened last year. I have been visiting the US frequently as my brother and my six-year-old niece live in Los Angeles. I was also busy scripting my first home production Ishkq In Paris with Prem (Soni).

Have an IPL strategy this time?

We have Adam Gilchrist as our coach and captain, so the strategy is left to him. For years and years, as owners, we would think about our strategy, about what we should or shouldn't do but today our strategy is simple - you gotta leave it to the captain and coach.

Your ex-captain Yuvraj Singh has returned from US after being operated for cancer. Did you know about his situation?

Yes we had to let him go from our team. During our court case with the BCCI, the situation was such that we couldn't retain our players because to retain them we just had four hours and we had to sign contracts with all the players. It wasn't physically possible as they were all over the world. The court case hit us very hard as a team financially, emotionally and with our players. That was a big downer for us but anyway we recovered after that. Coming back to Yuvi, he told me about the situation and I thought he was joking and didn't believe him. It was impossible for me to comprehend something of such a magnitude. I read about it in the press and then I felt terrible! I did send him a message when he was in the USA. I wish him all the best. Yuvi is a Punjab da sher - a fighter and I'm sure he will recover completely!

What's happening to the case filed by the BCCI?

We are in talks with them. It's a slow process and yes, I'm hoping everything will be fine as they have been very good and positive towards us. Recently, there was a rumour that we were going to sell our shares in the team because of income tax and other problems but I don't think I will ever drop out of it completely. IPL is my baby. I have worked very hard for it and learned everything about cricket from scratch.

You were dating Ness Wadia, a co-partner in your team. Have you moved on from that relationship?

Of course! What do you think? I'm a loser? Yes, of course we are friends. When you date someone for that long how can you not be friends? But we are not best friends. We don't talk to each other everyday because that's weird! I'm sure if something ever went wrong he would stand by me and vice versa but there's nothing more than that. I remember an article last year when a paparazzo took a picture of us chatting happily together and next thing I knew we were getting back together! That's not happening. Today I am scared of talking to someone because I will be linked to him. In my career as an actress, I have never got involved with anybody from the world of films. I have always kept my professional and personal life separate as that's my policy. The only time I got mixed up both professionally and personally was with Ness. I don't think I would ever do that in the future. It becomes too complicated...

You were linked to Yuvraj also...

That was really shocking! I can handle such rumours in films but in business it's difficult and to be linked to my own cricketers is a bit too much. But later I realised that I was linked to my cricketers as I was the best-looking woman in the IPL tournament! Ha ha! And that's why they linked me with every guy. Every owner - male or female hugged their team members but only I was linked with Yuvi! I want people to know if I'm having an affair with somebody, but I will be discreet about it. It is NOT discreet when you are hugging that person in front a billion people. And specially when I was dating Ness and already in a relationship. Those rumours upset me because I am straight forward and respectable by nature.

So today you are single and ready to mingle?

Yes thank God! But you know what? These days I get scared telling people that I am single because when I say that, I get linked to everybody I meet. So I have a new strategy today - when people ask me if I am single I say 'I am dating somebody and it's a big secret' as that's safer than saying I'm single. I am very happy in my space. When I get married I will tell everyone because I have always been honest about what I do. Yes I will get married and have amazing kids.

Why did you decide to be a producer?

It was actually a simple thought. We wrote the film and decided we are going to make it. I thought if I produce it I would know exactly what is happening in it. There are no surprises. It's also taking one step forward. Sometimes you have to take a chance in life. I like to keep growing and I am very inquisitive about what's going to happen around me. Now that I entered IPL and went to Harvard I understand the structure of business more.

Tell us about your meeting with Dalai Lama...

He comes every time for our games. I was very upset when we lost the last IPL. My face was red and I was staring at the ground almost in tears when he told me 'you know it's okay if you lose.' I looked at him and said 'it's not okay because I play to win!' So then he told me, 'if you really want to win you should play in your field' and he said a million words in that one line. I looked at the cricket field and thought that however much I know the game of cricket I cannot take a bat and play like this. Two days later I came back and met my friend Prem. And he told me we have to do something together. He came to me with the script and helped me fall back in love with movies. I was completely jaded with films at that point in my life.

You are co-scripting the film. Are you ghost-directing it too?

No way! It's very wrong to say that just because I am producing the film I am directing it too. It is completely Prem's baby and in fact, some of the best scenes written in the film are his too. I don't want to take away the credit from him. He's the bigger writer amongst the both of us. He's a very large-hearted and a magnanimous guy. I wrote because I have a quirkiness in me and that I have given to every film of mine. I would like to state categorically, that this movie is 100 per cent original. It's a romantic comedy, set against the backdrop of Paris.

In your film you are launching a new actor and not an established star. Why?

Because most of the established actors I wanted to work with were busy with their home productions. We sat for one year to work on the script. We had a choice of waiting for 15 months or doing this film. So I told Prem let's slash our budget and make a small budget film and if we are confident and try a new actor - chalegi toh theek hai nahi toh we were at least brave enough to try it. I'm very impressed with this new guy. To work with someone who has done 35 films and be at par with her is great. I would shake when I worked with Shah Rukh Khan and Manisha Koirala in Dil Se.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enter...689215.cms

04-20-2012, 11:16 AM
IPL chief seeks match referee's report on Preity Zinta incident

Press Trust of India

Last updated on Thursday, 19 April 2012 22:29

[Image: zinta_300.jpg]

New Delhi: Indian Premier League chairman Rajiv Shukla on Thursday said that he has sought a report from the match referee over the incident involving Kings XI Punjab owner Preity Zinta during her side's IPL match against Kolkata Knight Riders in Mohali.

Zinta was seen visibly agitated and reacting vigorously during the strategic time out period against the controversial dismissal of Kings XI batsman Shaun Marsh on Wednesday night.

Shukla said that he had asked match referee Roshan Mahanama of Sri Lanka to submit a report to him at the earliest on the incident.

"I have sought a report from the match referee on the entire issue. I will also take Preity Zinta's version on the incident," Shukla told PTI.

It all started when Marsh was ruled out in a controversial manner in the 14th over. The left-hander under edged a Brett Lee delivery to KKR wicketkeeper Manvinder Bisla, who nodded that he had taken the catch cleanly even though TV replays suggested that there was a doubt in the decision.

It took Kings XI captain Adam Gilchrist's intervention to calm Zinta down after she apparently had an exchange of words with the match officials.

http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/item...a-incident

04-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Bollywood actress and co-owner of the Kings XI Punjab cricket team Preity Zinta walks alongside Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner and Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan after the match between Kings XI Punjab and Kolkata Knight Riders at the PCA Stadium in Mohali on Wednesday

[Image: preity-srk1.jpg]

[Image: preity-srk2.jpg]

04-20-2012, 04:54 PM
[Image: preity-srk3.jpg]

[Image: preity-srk4.jpg]

05-16-2012, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2012 10:32 PM by ktm gal.)
[Image: preity-botoxnew.jpg]

During a chat show, actor Tusshar Kapoor said that Preity Zinta is synonymous with Botox. Though many reports claim that Preity uses Botox, but she never confirmed the news.

http://ibnlive.in.com/photogallery/6471-13.html

06-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Preity Zinta must retire now: Kamaal R Khan

Vinita Chaturvedi, TNN | Jun 24, 2012, 12.00AM IST

While Preity Zinta is happily posting updates on her forthcoming film, Ishkq In Paris on her social networking sites, guess who's scoffing at this endeavour? It's none other than Kamaal R Khan!

Stay at home!

He has been tweeting his sarky remarks against PZ with alarming alacrity. Ask him why he is against the actress, and the actor-director-writer of Deshdrohi fame, says: "I'm not against her, but I don't understand why Preity Zinta is wasting her time and efforts on making a film! Preity Zinta ab buddhi ho gayi hai! So, nobody wants to see her on screen! She should settle down and stay at home! At one time she was a huge star, but now her days are over!"

Of Karisma and Sridevi

KRK doesn't have very complimentary things to say about senior actresses like Karisma Kapoor and Sridevi either. "Karisma Kapoor made a comeback recently! What happened! The film tanked at the BO. Now Sridevi ji will also come in the film English Vinglishvery soon! You will see the fate of that film too! Honestly speaking, I have nothing personal against any of these actresses, whom I have admired at one time! But they must understand that their days on screen are over," says he.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enter...357897.cms

09-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Posted on Sep 04, 2012 at 04:00pm IST
Paparazzi assault: Angry Preity Zinta says she's not an animal in the zoo

Mumbai: Actress Preity Zinta says she was greeted by "the shock of 40 camera flashes" when she arrived at the Chatrapati Shivaji International Airport and ended up twisting her ankle due to the paparazzi's attempt to photograph her.

"Sitting at home with a twisted ankle post the airport assault by photographers. First, I shoot all night and get on the plane and then get pushed," tweeted Preity, who landed here Sunday from Prague.

The actress came back to the city after shooting in Prague for her debut production 'Ishkq In Paris'.

[Image: preityairport-10.jpg]

Photographers are said to have been stationed at the airport as Hollywood star Ashton Kutcher was expected to be there. However, the cameramen spotted Preity in a super casual look, wearing loose lowers and a T-shirt, her hair undone, and no make-up.

Media has flashed pictures of Preity hiding her face behind her hand, hair and staff, but Preity says she wasn't "hiding".

"Pushed and jumped on at the airport. It was raining, so I slipped. Wasn't hiding my face, was trying to recover from the shock of 40 camera flashes. And yes, in the end I was pissed off so then I definitely didn't want to show my face," she posted.

The 37-year-old, whose car was damaged by paparazzi outside international talk show queen Oprah Winfrey's party in January, is angry.

"If photographers ask me politely I will oblige, but next time I will either attack someone or then file a police complaint because THIS IS NOT FAIR. I am a human being not some animal in the ZOO! If my security would have pushed them, then news would report my staff assaulted the media," added Preity.

She is only thankful that the shooting for 'Ishkq In Paris' is over.

"Otherwise I'd be hopping around with a twisted ankle," she wrote, adding that she cared to give her side of the story on a social networking platform as "Every story has two sides".

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/angry-hurt-pr...-8-66.html

09-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Sep 08, 2012 at 12:12pm IST
Salman Khan has a big heart, he is awesome, says Preity Zinta

Mumbai: Actor Salman Khan, who shakes a leg with Preity Zinta in her debut production 'Ishkq In Paris', is not returning any favours by performing the cameo, says the actress.

In 2009 Salman starrer 'Main Aur Mrs Khanna', the actress made a special appearance in a song.

"There is no hard and fast rule that just because I did a song in his film he does for me. Out of all the actors, he has been closet and most supportive friend in whatever I have done. Not just for this song but for music as well," said Preity.

[Image: preity3008.jpg]

"For me, my first film as a producer has been an uphill task because you have to work hard in whatever you do. But he being there has made a huge difference to me," she added.

Salman will be seen dancing to peppy number, 'Kudiya Di Kurti', composed by duo Sajid-Wajid. The song is part of a wedding sequence where Salman, the star, is invited for his celebrity presence.

He plays himself in the peppy track and features along with Preity, who plays the lead actress in the movie.

The 37-year-old says the song is required in the film and she is not banking on Salman's fan club to get more footfalls.

"This song was always part of the film. It is situational and an integral part of the film. The only actor I approached for this film was Salman and he agreed. I think it is not correct to take crutches for anything in life," she said.

Salman and Preity have been seen together in films like 'Chori Chori Chupke Chupke', 'Har Dil Jo Pyar karega' and 'Heroes'.

Talking about their friendship, Preity said: "Our relation goes back ten years and he has always been supportive. He is has been a friend, who has always been there irrespective of what the media or people say, he has a big heart. He is honest straight forward guy. For me he is so awesome."

'Ishkq In Paris', directed by Prem Raj, also features Arjun Rampal, French actress Isabelle Adjani and Gaurav Chanana.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/salman-khan-h...-8-66.html

09-08-2012, 09:04 PM

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ~~::The offical Kareena kapoor Topic::~~ ktm gal 49 68,766 09-22-2017 12:40 AM
Last Post: Mithun
  The Official Zarine Khan Topic Aisha 36 57,750 01-04-2016 12:18 AM
Last Post: ktm gal
  The Official Shah Rukh Khan Topic! Mistahlilg 525 684,982 12-21-2015 08:54 PM
  The Official Aamir Khan Topic!! *Mini* 570 724,146 12-02-2015 10:52 PM
  ~~::The offical Ranbir kapoor Topic::~~ khawar 130 187,466 11-25-2015 12:31 PM
  Official Sanjay Dutt Topic shefali 39 60,406 08-28-2015 06:35 AM
  * The Official Topic - Govinda * Guest 21 35,878 03-28-2012 02:00 PM
  The official Salrina thread rhea 2,260 2,371,683 03-29-2011 12:05 AM
Last Post: moimeme