Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Official Aamir Khan Topic!!
04-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Re: The Official Aamir Khan Topic!!
Aamir next at Tussaud's ?

16 Apr 2009, 0000 hrs IST, JAYA DRONA , TNN

After Sachin Tendulkar, the next Indian celeb who’s going to be waxed at Madame Tussaud’s is Aamir Khan. Aamir Khan More Pics

And this news is from a source close to Bobby Khan, who handles the Bollywood segment at Tussaud’s, London. “Aamir should be next. He’s popular and a Bollywood A-lister. Even this time, both Sachin and Aamir’s names were in the reckoning, but then Sachin was chosen.

Aamir is definitely next,” says our source.

And that’s not all the news on the Tussaud’s front – there’s more. Some time ago, we’d told you that Bobby plans to bring Tussaud’s to Delhi first, before Mumbai and Hyderabad. Says our source, “Yes, Bobby (who’s currently in Hong Kong) is working out the terms and conditions with people in Delhi. He may choose either Saket or Gurgaon. Work on it is slow right now because it’s election time and talks have been put on hold. But after May 20, things are going to move fast.”

But why Delhi first, isn’t Mumbai the Bollywood hub? “It is, but Delhi is a bigger market and the people here are crazy about stars. Mumbai isn’t like that. And when the museum opens in Delhi, we’re also going to organise a poll in the city to find out which other stars among Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif and Hrithik Roshan they’d want to see in the museum next. And the figures are going to be installed with all the effects – JLo and Angelina Jolie will blush, for instance. And yeah, you could actually hug and feel Brad Pitt’s bottom,” the source adds.

When contacted, Bobby didn’t confirm this, but did say that from this year on, out of the six new wax figures put up at Tussaud’s every year, “one is going to be an Indian personality. A prominent Indian personality – and that need not be a film star, necessarily.”

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/Aamir-next-at-Tussauds/articleshow/4405034.cms">http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Ente ... 405034.cms</a><!-- m -->

[Image: BNLyR8BCMAIxdGm.jpg:large]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Aamir's Water- Loo

[Image: 9328.jpg]

In demonstration of solidarity for the producers who are united in their battle with the multiplexes, Aamir Khan has now gone a step ahead. He has even offered to clean toilets in single screen theaters and make them hygienic enough for the audience to come in.

04-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Aamir snubs Raju Hirani

April 22, 2009 5:44:28 PM IST

Ruhail, Bollywood Trade News Network

It seems Raju Hirani is miffed with Aamir Khan these days.

Aamir, who is the protagonist of Hirani's upcoming film 3 IDIOTS, has left the director high and dry after postponing his shooting schedule. And Hirani, who wants to complete the film soon isn't amused about this decision. Looks like Aamir is making all efforts to make his film clash with SRK starrer MY NAME IS KHAN.

Well, let's hope Mr. Hirani gets the logic right!

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/09/apr/22-aamir-snubs-raju-hirani-040905.asp">http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/0 ... 040905.asp</a><!-- m -->

04-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Bollywood: Dosts or Foes?

23 Apr, 2009 12:00 am ISTlTNN

[Image: photo.cms?msid=4436584]

Industry insiders aren’t surprised with this change of events. Said a senior person from the industry, `` There are no permanent friends or enemies in Bollywood and the biggest example is the recent patch up between Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan. Although they came together for a bigger cause, at least they agreed to share the same platform.’’

These flip-flops are constant in Bollywood, with actors and film-makers conveniently changing loyalties; and even more conveniently blaming 90 per cent of their rifts on the media.

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://movies.indiatimes.com/Features--Events/Features/Bollywood-Dosts-or-Foes-/articleshow/msid-4434529,curpg-2.cms">http://movies.indiatimes.com/Features-- ... urpg-2.cms</a><!-- m -->

04-26-2009, 12:54 PM
[Image: 344uzk8.jpg]

04-26-2009, 02:23 PM
"He makes fun of people all the time."
"The fact is that I don't get provoked easily, but if you keep needling, me I am bound to react."

The second statement is almost exactly word for word what Salman had said SRK
had done to him at Kat's BD party.

He never said the SRK makes fun of people all the time part. He only said that SRK
kept on and on him that night.

I think this really testifies to Salman's wonderful personality, in the way that he
never brings to light another's short comings, not even to gain himself, in fact, he will even take the blame.
04-26-2009, 08:50 PM
yeah Ananda ..Salman is one of a kind .That's why we, his fans. adore & love him so much!!

04-26-2009, 09:09 PM
^^ Yep. :inlove:
04-26-2009, 09:57 PM
[Image: 2qwmx01.jpg]

04-26-2009, 09:59 PM
[Image: 301hemf.jpg]

04-30-2009, 03:36 PM
I've travelled 48 hours to cast my vote: Aamir Khan

From Aamir Khan to Anil Ambani, India's biggest celebrities Thursday came out in droves from their airconditioned homes to wait in queue patiently for their turn to vote -- and urge the young to step out and exercise their franchise in the third round of the staggered elections.

In the great equaliser that are the elections, the stars of the silver screen and the celebrity industrialists were the cynosure of all eyes but got no preferential treatment.

Among the early voters, when polling started at 7 a.m. in the 10 constituencies in Mumbai and Thane in Maharashtra, was industrialist Anil Ambani who voted in south Mumbai with a battery of media cameras clicking away.

Dressed down - except for designer glares to shield them from the harsh sun - and ready to use their star power to urge people to do their duty, the stars hoped their message of patriotism would hit home.

Aamir Khan, who broke his holiday in the US with his children, said after casting his vote: "I have travelled 48 hours to cast my vote, so people can certainly go out from their homes to cast their vote. If you love your country, this is the day to show it. I'm happy to see so many senior citizens casting their vote here. I appeal to the youngsters to come out and vote."

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who was in South Africa for the Indian Premier League cricket matches, also made it a point to be here on election day.

Sonali Bendre, who was among the early voters, said: "Voting is our birthright. People sacrificed their lives to give us this right."

Added veteran actor Rishi Kapoor: "It is our basic right to vote, so people should vote. We need to elect the right person."

Echoing the sentiment, well-known lyricist Javed Akhtar asserted: "Your vote is your voice. We want better infrastructure and security system."

"People are becoming more responsible. We have large number of first time voters," is how the versatile Boman Irani put it.

Director Kunal Kohli too urged people to vote saying: "It is an important election with important issues. I think terrorism and economic slowdown are important issues."

Amongst the others who made it a point to vote were Farhan Akhtar, Karan Johar, John Abraham, Celina Jaitley, Sonam Kapoor and Rahul Bose.

More than 13 million voters are eligible to exercise their franchise to choose among 196 candidates, including 17 women, in the fray for the third, final and smallest phase of polling in Maharashtra.

The constituencies where polling took place Thursday are Mumbai North, Mumbai North-East, Mumbai North-West, Mumbai North-Central, Mumbai South-Central, Mumbai South; Thane, Kalyan, Bhiwandi and Palghar.

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=27840">http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=27840</a><!-- m -->

05-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Just shoot us!

Saumit SinghThursday, April 30, 2009 23:59 IST

Mumbai: Months of buildup, weeks of exhortations, days of personal interactions and desperate last minute appeals. And then finally, it was time to take a reality check. So did Mumbai step out and vote or did it stay indoors and watch? Even here there's a hung verdict.

Whatever the exact voting percentages, it was a bit of a dampener to find many of our celebrities missing from the polling booths. They had their reasons, of course.

Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif are holed up in Singapore shooting for their film De Dana Dhan while Salman Khan, after canvassing for multiple candidates and reminding us all about our duty to vote, is now in London shooting for his film Veer.

There's hazy information about Saif Ali Khan. He's said to be in the United States. Even lady love Kareena Kapoor is not in town. Can we Saif-ly bet she's also there somewhere in the US? And while we're on the Chhote Nawab, it would be in order to mention that little sis Soha Ali Khan is also out of town on a shooting schedule in Goa. Ajay Devgan is also there.

But it isn't only films that have kept a substantial chunk of our filmstars away from the city on D-Day. Preity Zinta, who is with her cricket team in South Africa - apparently didn't manage to catch a flight back to Mumbai in time. Ditto for Shilpa Shetty, who's also tending her team in South Africa.

But then there were others like Shah Rukh and Aamir Khan who made it a point o fly back despite being overseas in time to cast their vote. "As a citizen, I felt that I was needed here at this point of time, and here I am. It is a non-issue about how far I was from the country and what efforts I took to come here. I wanted to be here today and that's all that counts," said Aamir who took a 16-hour long flight to reach Mumbai (see right for detailed interview).

But that's not to say that there wasn't a definite upswing in the voter profile. "In previous years, the only people who used to turn up to vote were from the neighbouring slums, mostly voters who were paid to vote, besides a trickle from the high rises. This year, I am pleasantly surprised and re-assured after seeing the profile of voters who turned out despite the merciless mercury levels - there were lots of first-time voters around me when I went to vote, including my youngest daughter Anandita," said Shobhaa De.

Agrees Rahul Bose, "I'll be surprised if we don't surpass last year's voting figures this time. It's been a concerted effort by NGOs, celebrities and the media to sensitize voters and urge them to vote. The turnout in the rest of the city is also definitely much better than compared to last time."

For now, at least, that's all that counts.

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1251920">http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1251920</a><!-- m -->

05-01-2009, 11:39 AM
I want to be part of the political system: Aamir Khan

Shubha Shetty-SahaThursday, April 30, 2009 23:59 IST

Mumbai: Aamir Khan flew for sixteen hours into the city from Canada to reach at 1.30am on Thursday, went to vote at 12 noon, spent some time with his wife and then flew back (for a 16 long haul flight again). Perhaps the most expensive way to exercise your choice for the country.

"For me, it's not a big deal -- I did it for myself. As a citizen, I felt that I was needed here at this point of time, and here I was. It is a non-issue about how far I was from the country and what efforts I took to come here. I wanted to be here today and that's all that counts," said Aaamir.

Admit it or not, but Aamir is slowly growing into a brand as a socially aware citizen, an icon who people would want to emulate. Considering that he plans everything, one would think it's a conscious decision to get into that mould.

"No, I don't strategise and there is no conscious decision to build this brand. I want to be a part of the political system. If I can't be as a politician, at least let me be as a voter. It surely gives me great pride and joy to step out and vote amongst those millions of people who voted," he said.

"We are not voting for municipal elections or state elections. These are the MPs who are going to sit in parliament and debate over national issues. I want someone who is aware and conscious and can represent our country in a dignified manner."

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1251919">http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1251919</a><!-- m -->

05-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Aamir Khan cast vote in Mumbai.

[Image: aamir_vote_1_445x340.jpg]

05-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Aamir honours Audrey Hepburn

[Image: aamircutout.jpg]

Audrey Hepburn’s considered a great actress, humanitarian and a style icon worldwide. Till date the classic actress remains an all time favorite of many.

Our very perfectionist Aamir Khan has turned out to be one of her fans. Reportedly Aamir is a self-confessed fan of the late talented and beautiful actress and her movies, “Roman Holiday’, “Sabrina’, “Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ and “My Fair Lady’.

Reportedly the actor- producer- director took a short break from his holiday with kids in the UK and flew off to Berlin for a special screening of his film “Taare Zameen Par’ at Audrey Hepburn’s 80th birth anniversary on May 4th.

The buzz is that the actor was invited especially to grace the occasion by the son of the legendary actress, Sean Hepburn Ferrer who’s also written the book on her ” Audrey Hepburn- An Elegant spirit’ and continues her humanitarian work.

Reportedly Aamir got a mail from Sean asking him to showcase “Taare Zameen Par’ as a part of the actress’s birthday celebrations and Aamir happily obliged.

The break from the holiday was worth it because it meant a bigger international audience would turn up to watch the film which has already won many hearts.

For the unawares, Hepburn, began working with UNICEF in the 1950s and dedicated more and more of her time to the organization in the last four years of her life. She’s as much known for her work as the UNICEF International Goodwill Ambassador as for her films. After her death in the year 1993, her family made a trust with the name, “The Audrey Hepburn Children’s Fund’.

“Taare Zameen Par’ was chosen for screening at Hepburn’s birth anniversary. The movie was selected because of its subject, which dealt with a child suffering from dyslexia.

And according to Hepburn’s family members, she considered this as a crucial issue since she herself worked with such kids. Must say this is one B-Town actor who proves again and again that his work is worthier than many of his counterparts.

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=27985">http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=27985</a><!-- m -->

05-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Superstar Aamir Khan humbled by Mickey Mouse

[Image: aamirkhantid.jpg]

Aamir Khan’s used to giving autographs to others.

So imagine the experience he had when he had to stand in a queue for an autograph, that also from cartoon star Mickey Mouse.

It was for his children and as a good daddy he had to do it for their sake.

It happened during a trip to Disneyland.

He’s said in his blog: "...there roaming about in the theme parks were the characters of Mickey Mouse and Minny Mouse, with loads of children queuing up with their respective parents for an autograph and a photo with their favorite cartoon character."

He added, "My kids went nuts and insisted on a photo and autograph with them. So here I was, big superstar, standing quietly in line waiting for Mickey Mouse to give me an autograph for my children."

Oh ok, now we are sure that Aamir knows that he’s a superstar. No wonder he was fighting with SRK and said things like he knew Aamir’s no King Khan

His imagination was running wild too: "I was mouthing the lines that I hear everyday - 'Hi, my kids are big fans, can we have a picture please?' – I was thinking to myself what fun if the person behind the Mickey Mouse costume is a desi."

With a imagination like that, Khan is sure to be a master story teller with sensible movies to his credit.

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=28094">http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=28094</a><!-- m -->

05-23-2009, 09:29 PM
[Image: ra9kid.jpg]

05-24-2009, 08:40 PM
[Image: eugbup.jpg]

05-25-2009, 11:51 PM
Mr. Unpopular of Bollywood

25 May, 2009 12:00 am ISTlINDIATIMES MOVIES

[Image: photo.cms?msid=4552166]
Aamir Khan

Though Aamir Khan has a huge fan base of his own, he surely did miff Shah Rukh Khan fans for making digs at the star. Aamir also disappointed his fans by taking his tiff with SRK too far, wasting time in commenting and re-commenting on the actor. Aamir’s blog where he had written about his dog ‘Shah Rukh’ was also something unexpected on an intelligent actor like him.

Aamir Khan had landed into controversy and miffed many a politicos when he joined hands with Medha Patkar for the Narmada Bachao Andolan. Activists had disturbed the screening of his film, Fanaa, in certain parts of Gujarat.

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://movies.indiatimes.com/Features--Events/Features/Mr-Unpopular-of-Bollywood/articleshow/msid-4552150,curpg-9.cms">http://movies.indiatimes.com/Features-- ... urpg-9.cms</a><!-- m -->

07-03-2009, 03:58 PM
[Image: 2me4b3a.jpg]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ~~::The offical Kareena kapoor Topic::~~ ktm gal 49 67,418 09-22-2017 12:40 AM
Last Post: Mithun
  The Official Zarine Khan Topic Aisha 36 56,718 01-04-2016 12:18 AM
Last Post: ktm gal
  The Official Shah Rukh Khan Topic! Mistahlilg 525 672,810 12-21-2015 08:54 PM
  ~~::The offical Ranbir kapoor Topic::~~ khawar 130 184,246 11-25-2015 12:31 PM
  Official Sanjay Dutt Topic shefali 39 59,465 08-28-2015 06:35 AM
  Imran Khan Maria 56 84,776 07-13-2015 06:33 PM
  The official Preity Zinta Topic *Mini* 121 170,105 09-13-2012 09:03 PM
  * The Official Topic - Govinda * Guest 21 35,168 03-28-2012 02:00 PM
  The official Salrina thread rhea 2,260 2,328,638 03-29-2011 12:05 AM
Last Post: moimeme
  Actor-filmmaker Feroz Khan passes away at 70 Maria 3 8,742 05-02-2009 01:55 AM
Last Post: Guest