The Official Aamir Khan Topic!!
03-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Re: The Official Aamir Khan Topic!!
SRK has lost his sense of humour

The usually reticent Aamir Khan opens a new front in the war between the Khans

By Kunal M Shah

Posted On Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 04:12:38 AM

[Image: cov1.jpg] [Image: covb.jpg]

Two days away from his 44th birthday, Aamir Khan has a new resolution: The star who was recently anointed this year’s most powerful man in Bollywood by Filmfare, has decided that each time his closest contender Shah Rukh Khan takes a pot-shot at him, he will respond in kind.

With barbs from SRK accumulating, Aamir decides to bare his soul and his fangs in an exclusive interview to this newspaper. "I remember him (Shah Rukh) saying that he was joking about calling himself No 1. I find it very funny as I have never seen anyone proclaiming themselves as No 1. Not Sachin Tendulkar, Not Lata Mangeshkar, not Vishwanathan Anand. I am saying all this in a lighter vein too. But Shah Rukh’s sense of humour suddenly disappears when it comes to me." At another point in the hour-long interview, Aamir observes that because his recent films have not been doing well at the box office, Shah Rukh Khan seems to have become an embittered man.
With this new front opening, the battlelines in Bollywood have just been redrawn. Never one to take things lying down, fiesty Shah Rukh Khan will soon be jousting for supremacy. Watch this space.

I would not want anyone’s film to flop

KUNAL M SHAH
Acouple of days before his 44th birthday, the usually reticent Aamir Khan decides to bare his soul with scathing replies to all the potshots that his closest rival Shah Rukh Khan has been taking at him. Has the evergrowing chasm between the two giants become insurmountable?

• What do you think about the recent Filmfare poll, according to which you are now the most powerful man in the industry?
I am happy that they have liked and acknowledged my work but honestly speaking, I am not really interested in power. I think it's important to know what one can really do with the power. According to me, power is how one uses it. I can be very powerful but if I can't use it for any good or can't contribute to the industry then I am actually powerless. I would like to use my power by working with new directors, giving new actors to the industry and making experimental films.

• Don't you think the success of Taare Zameen Par, Ghajini and the opening collections of Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, which interestingly you didn't even star in, has made you even more powerful?
Could be. Ghajini has gone on to become the biggest success of Indian cinema. The collection has already crossed Rs 270 crore. The three films that I have produced (Lagaan, Taare Zameen Par and Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na) have all been super hits. Even as an actor, my strike rate has been quite good. Since 2000, all my films have worked except Mangal Pandey. Being a creative person, I want my work to be done and want people to love me for my work. To attain that, I don't want to do anything that's underhand. Neither do I want to influence or manipulate the media. After genuinely doing good work consistently, it is for people to decide if they like you or not. Once you strike a relationship with the audience through your work, numbers become unimportant. No one can change that.

• You were called the marketing king when ushers sported the Ghajini look during the screening of Shah Rukh Khan's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.
It was a good marketing gimmick. I think promoting a film with another films is the best way as you really get to know your target audience. Usually, people promote their film in a multiplex through promos or posters but when people walked into multiplexes and saw 50 Ghajinis around them especially with the film just two weeks away from release, it created a buzz. That it was done during Rab Ne… helped.

• But it also created a war of words between you and SRK.
I have been working in the industry for over two decades and I have never made any comments about anybody. However, over the years I noticed that Shah Rukh has been repeatedly talking about me publicly. In all fairness, I too decided not to remain quiet and respond to him publicly.

• In his recent interviews, Shah Rukh sounds bitter about you. For instance, he has said that his kids will never be your fans or that his dog refuses to be called Aamir.
Let me say one thing clearly, no matter what Shah Rukh tells his children, I will tell my kids to always love and respect him. What he teaches his children is entirely up to him. I can understand that he is bitter as his films have not done well. I have only have warm regards for him and wish him all the very best. I do understand that Shah Rukh works very hard and gives a number of interviews, which I think is a wonderful quality. I think he is upset as his films have not done as well as he expected them to but I wish him all the success he deserves.

• Now that you have dethroned him in the power list, will there be another war of words between the two of you?
I am least interested in dethroning him. He can be very happy with all the thrones and all the crowns. I am not interested in any of them. He has never hesitated in making fun of me. Even in his films he has made fun of Manoj Kumar and Dev Anand. It shows that he has a great sense of humour but where does it all go when I say humorous things about him? I remember him saying in one of his interviews that he was joking about calling himself No.1. I find it very funny as I have never seen anyone proclaiming, 'I am No.1'. Neither did Sachin Tendulkar ever say that he is No 1 nor did Lata Mangeshkar. Take any field for that matter, Vishwanathan Anand never says that he is the best and I don't think Dilip Kumar or Raj Kapoor ever said that. I am saying all this in a lighter vein so he too should take my comments lightly. I think that his sense of humour suddenly disappears when it comes to me.

• Ever since the fight between Shah Rukh and Salman happened, everyone wants to know whose friend you are?
I find this very funny. I am quite friendly with Anil Kapoor, Rani Mukerjee, Shah Rukh and Salman. Akshay (Kumar) and Saif (Ali Khan) too are my friends. I have so many friends. I meet all of them once in a while and there is nothing more to it than that.

• You and Salman seem to be bonding more these days.
Not really. It has always been like this and it all depends on who is free and when. We have impromptu meetings. There is no ulterior motive when we meet and there is no point for anybody to get paranoid. Come what may, I would not want anyone's film to flop. I am this industry's child. My father has been a producer and my uncle has been a director. There are so many people involved in the making of a film and how it fares affects everyone be it the director, unit members, exhibitors and even ushers in the theatres.

I want everyone's film to do well, and our meetings are not about discussing anyone's failure or success.

• There are also reports that you meet Akshay quite often to discuss the number one game.
I am not interested in this number game. I don't even discuss this with anyone as it does not concern me. As far as I am concerned, my favourite star is Amitabh Bachchan and for me he is the number one. It ends at that. Akshay is my friend and so is Twinkle and yes, we do meet but it has got nothing to do with the number game.

• Coming to your work, you are producing three films simultaneously.
As an actor I am only doing two films- 3 Idiots and Kiran's Dhobi Ghat where I play an artiste. As a producer, I have completed the shooting of Dhobi Ghat, Delhi Belly and one more film directed by Anusha Rizvi. These three films are extremely unusual and challenge the limits of mainstream cinema.

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.mumbaimirror.com/index.aspx?page=article&contentid=200903122009031204123869ea02d5bc&sectid=15">http://www.mumbaimirror.com/index.aspx? ... &sectid=15</a><!-- m -->

[Image: BNLyR8BCMAIxdGm.jpg:large]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2009, 11:05 AM
SRK Is Embittered Man: Aamir!!

[12 Mar 2009]

In a fresh war of words, Aamir Khan has called Shah Rukh Khan an embittered man who has lost sense of humor due to his recent films not doing that well at the box office.

Aamir Khan also slammed Shah Rukh for making fun of stalwarts of the industry like Manoj Kumar and Dev Anand in his film ‘Om Shanti Om’, but crying foul when it comes to making fun of himself. Shah Rukh had projected himself very hurt at Aamir Khan’s ‘Shah Rukh is the name of my dog’ joke but had no qualms making fun of Aamir publicly.

Aamir Khan does not end here and goes on to make fun of King Khan for saying that he was number one in the industry. Aamir was especially furious with Shah Rukh Khan’s later clarification that it was all said in fun and should be taken in that spirit only( SRK had clarified after Aamir remarked that SRK was always after Aamir and so number two).

The perfectionist Khan questioned the funny logic of the statement, if at all it was said in fun. Sachin Tendulkar is number one in cricket but he never proclaims it from the rooftops. Similarly, Lata Mangeshkar is numero uno in singing but the majestic lady never claimed to be number one. Same can be said about Vishwanathan Anand in the field of chess. Then, why SRK should proclaim it from the pulpit.

However, Aamir shows his generous side by saying that he would never tell his children to hate Shah Rukh Khan, but to love and respect him as he deserves it. Earlier, Shah Rukh Khan had said that after Aamir Khan’s ‘dog’ comment, his children would never respect Aamir or would remain his fans.

Aamir makes it abundantly clear that Shah Rukh Khan was never number one in the industry and this position always belonged to Amitabh Bachchan. For Aamir, it is Big B and no one else, who has the charisma and stature to be called the number one of the industry.

This is so when Aamir Khan had been voted the most powerful personality of the filmdom in India at a recent award function. Aamir was assigned the number one position, above not only Shah Rukh Khan, but also the movie moguls Yash Chopra, Aditya Chopra and Karan Johar.

The reasoning was very simple. While Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’, which was directed by Aditya Chopra, could manage only moderate success at the box office. Aamir Khan’s ‘Ghajini’ has already grossed over Rs 270 crore, the highest ever earning for any bollywood movie. Besides, Aamir’s directorial venture ‘Taare Zameen Par’ did exceptionally well at the box office as well as critically.

-- k k rai

03-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Growing weary with they endless squabble.
03-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Star-News showed excerpts from an Interview with Aamir to-day in 'khabar Filmi Hai' Prog. He said the same things as published in the tabloids abt Srk.

Full Interview will be shown to-morrow on his B'Day.

03-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Star Wars: Aamir Khan vs SRK yet again

Fri, Mar 13, 2009

[Image: aamir_srk_blog_313.jpg]
WORD PLAY: Aamir said in an interview that Shah Rukh has lost his sense of humour.

Mumbai: SRK and Aamir Khan are at it again. In his latest interview to Mumbai Mirror - Aamir states
"Now that his films are not doing well, SRK has lost his sense of humour."

The actor goes on react to Shah Rukh Khan claiming to be number one by saying

“I have never heard Amitabh Bachchan saying that he is No 1. People who are number one don't proclaim themsleves that they are number 1,” says Aamir.

Also reacting to some of Shah Rukh's recent statements against him Aamir states

"He has a great sense of humour but where does it all go when I say humorous things about him?.”

The Khans grab headlines whenever they decide to talk about each other. Whether it was Aamir Khan bloging about his dog named 'Shah Rukh' or when King Khan declared himself to be the biggest brand other actors want to associate with.

"You take the biggest brand in the country that is SRK and then use that platform to publicize yourself. I think Aamir rocks. The problem is that I cannot use another brand because there is no one bigger than me," SRK had said.

What started off as a harmless light sparring of words now seems to have snowballed into a full-fledged ugly Star War between two of Bollywood's best.

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://ibnlive.in.com/news/star-wars-aamir-khan-vs-srk-yet-again/87490-17.html">http://ibnlive.in.com/news/star-wars-aa ... 90-17.html</a><!-- m -->

03-16-2009, 03:49 PM
SRK and Aamir fight it out in the wrestling ring

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, March 16, 2009 - 17:15 IST

[Image: srk1.jpg]

The way the birds wait for the morning calm, the breeze waits for the trees' sway and likes, its quite evident that the creative team of Amul must be eagerly awaiting some or the other Bollywood event to happen so that they can create a punny...sorry... funny one liner out of it, as their bread and butter (quite literally) depends on it.

The latest one from the stable of the scoopy Amul is that of the famously infamous war of words between the two Khans of Bollywood: Aamir and Shah Rukh! From the recent past media coverage, it's quite evident that the two Khans are indeed at loggerheads with each other. And who better than the Amul guys can do full justice to this! And this is exactly what forms the subject matter of the current edition of the 'Amul-toons' (as we would like to call it).

It has got the likes of SRK and Aamir (with his Ghajini-fied torso) face to face with each other with the tagline saying 'Grudge-ini'. It also has a baseline that says 'Amul: No.1 Khana'. The Amul who seems to be the referee in the ring where the two Khans are fighting, doesn't really seem very happy with the scene. Maybe she represents the reactions of Bollywood fans who may not be too pleased with their favourite stars fighting it out in the media like this.

Whatever be the case, we are all for Amul and its buttering ways in Bollywood! Way to go, Amul!

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2009/03/16/4972/index.html">http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/feature ... index.html</a><!-- m -->

03-17-2009, 07:54 AM
<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Interviews/SKByXx59/3/Aamir-Khan-s-Bollywood-Hungama-Exclusive-Part-1.html">http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadba ... art-1.html</a><!-- m -->

03-17-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't think Shah Rukh ever was 'King Khan': Aamir

New Delhi (IANS): Keeping up his swipes at superstar Shah Rukh Khan and the No.1 slot in Bollywood, Aamir Khan, riding on the super success of his revenge drama Ghajini, has said he never thought Shah Rukh was ever on the top pedestal at all.

He also said the Oscar-winning Slumdog Millionaire failed to "touch" him.

Aamir, during CNN's special edition of Talk Asia, was asked how he feels about being termed the new 'King Khan' after the success of Ghajini. He replied: "I had absolutely no intention of kicking Shah Rukh off his pedestal. Though I have to say, I don't think he ever was on it."

Elaborating, Aamir said: "In my opinion, the actor who I really look up to is Mr. Amitabh Bachchan. He is someone whose work I really like, a fantastic actor and the kind of stardom Mr. Bachchan has seen, none of us can ever hope to see."

The 44-year-old actor, whose latest work, the Hindi remake of Tamil film also named Ghajini, was a success at the box office, says he feels satisfied with his films only if they turn out to be as they are intended.

"You can never really tell until you see a film with the audience. How it is going to play with the audience. For me, what is important is that when I see the film once it is ready, has it turned out the way we wanted it to? If we have done that, then that makes me feel happy," he said.

Aamir, whose own directorial debut film Taare Zameen Par, failed to get nominated in the foreign film category at the 81st Annual Academy Awards this year, says that Slumdog Millionaire failed to "touch" him.

"I thought the movie was well intended. It was a very sincere attempt, but it didn't touch me personally, and I suspect it because I'm not used to watching Indians speak English, all these slum kids talking in English... it's strange," said Aamir.

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/009200903172111.htm">http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/00 ... 172111.htm</a><!-- m -->

03-18-2009, 02:18 AM
Aamir seems to be going bonkers over SRK. Smile It makes me wonder what's behind the scenes that prompted these attacks by both on each other.
03-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Excerpts from Aamir Khan Interview

[Image: 161ksgo.jpg]

03-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Quotable Quotes of the Week

22 Mar, 2009 05:00 am ISTlINDIATIMES MOVIES

[Image: photo.cms?msid=4293724]

Aamir Khan

“I had absolutely no intention of kicking Shahrukh off his pedestal. Though I have to say, I don’t think, he ever was on it.”

04-02-2009, 09:44 PM
[Image: 9176.jpg]

Ghajini has grossed Rs 200 crore collection so far and going very strong to create history in bollywood!

04-02-2009, 09:46 PM
[Image: 9145.jpg]

Who is the real King of Bollywood?
SRK? Akki? or Aamir? 2008 failed to give an answer!

04-02-2009, 09:49 PM
[Image: 9124.jpg]

Aamir hijacked SRK's 'Rab ne...' premiere by promoting his forthcoming movie Ghajini.

While SRK says he's the biggest brand, so everyone wants to ride on his popularity, Aamir just ignores King Khan by saying SRK has been talking about himself all these 15 years, so no new thing!

04-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Lucky Aamir

[Image: 9282.jpg]

Lucky Aamir Khan got an exclusive look at Amitabh Bachchan's secretly guarded appearance in Balki's movie PAA!

04-08-2009, 09:47 AM
SRK-Aamir Join Hands

[Image: 9321.jpg]

Aamir and SRK join hands for 'Fair Rights for Friday Nights' to take on the might of multiplex owners! Is everything alright between the Khans now?

04-08-2009, 01:34 PM
How the Aamir-Shah Rukh war began

07 Apr, 2009 12:08 pm ISTlMUMBAI MIRROR

• AAMIR KHAN SAID: Shah Rukh knows nothing about marketing. He only does PR and gives lot and lots of interviews.
• SHAH RUKH KHAN REPLIED: Why is there an assumption that I would listen to what Aamir thinks about me? But obviously, it's not the universal truth. With due respect to his wonderful mind, I don't accept it. I do what's right for my film.

• AAMIR SAID: Shah Rukh thinks giving interviews is marketing but marketing is much more than just PR.
• SRK SAID: As much as Aamir knows the difference between marketing and PR, I don't know the difference. I am still an old-fashioned guy who thinks PR is a dirty word, and maybe so does Aamir, that's why he said it. But the fact that I speak to people I have known over the years is because of a personal relationship rather than a professional need, which makes people like me a little more.

• SRK SAID: Mein shehar mein toh tha nahin, toh jab sher jungle se baahar jaata hain to bahut log bahut kuch bolte aur karte hain. Sometimes I feel thoda zyada bol diya usne(Aamir), but I don't hold it against him.
• AAMIR SAID: Over the years I have noticed that SRK has been talking about me repeatedly, be it in his interviews or at award functions or any where else. He has been saying things about me and I decided that I should not be quiet now.

• AAMIR SAID: Shah Rukh (his pet dog) is dirty today, I think he needs a bath. He is licking my feet.
• SRK SAID: I told him when he spoke about the dog reference that my children didn't like it.

• SRK SAID: Aamir came home and said a sort of a sorry to my kids. He very sweetly told them, "I love your dad, he's my friend and I didn't realise it..." But he didn't convince my kids.They really liked him, now they don't.When I meet him I'll tell him those are two fans he has lost for sure.
• AAMIR SAID: No matter what SRK tells his children, I will tell my kids to love and respect him always.What he teaches his children is entirely up to him.

• SRK SAID: I was joking when I said that I am number 1.
• AAMIR SAID: I remember him saying in one of his interviews that he was joking about calling himself No 1 and I did not get the joke and he was saying that in humility. Somewhere I find it very funny as in my entire lifetime I have never seen anyone saying I am No 1.

• AAMIR SAID : I can understand that he is bitter as his films have not done well. I don't know but I only have warmth and regards for him and I wish him all the very best. I can understand that SRK works very hard on his films and gives lot of interviews for his films and I think that is a wonderful quality in him. I think he is upset as his films have not done as well as he expected them to be but I wish him all the success that he deserves.

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4369123.cms">http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4369123.cms</a><!-- m -->

04-08-2009, 03:56 PM
ktm gal Wrote:SRK-Aamir Join Hands

[Image: 9321.jpg]

Aamir and SRK join hands for 'Fair Rights for Friday Nights' to take on the might of multiplex owners! Is everything alright between the Khans now?

HAHA! Okay this one is funny and rather accurate.

You see how these 2 Khans are practically pulling each other's hair out but doing it, subtly with sweet words, behind each other's back? I think it's disgusting. They're like oh the other person is awesome... but wait, look at me, i'm better! Both of them are very intelligently manipulative with their words, and extremely media-savvy, but OMG so fake! How can 2 grown-up men be so bitchy? I say Insecurities, much. But I do have to admit that it's entertaining though. It's like watching Mean Girls, grown men version. They're putting up a show, aren't they? I guess they're so obsessed with churning out superhits that they have to do it in real life, when they dont have movies coming out. And fancy collaborating when there is a profitable cause (the producer's meet). You probably can't scream manipulative louder than this.

Makes me appreciate Salman so much more. I prefer his straightforward "SRK and I are no longer friends" than all this backbiting and bitching. It makes me respect him so much more as a person. I can respect SRK and Aamir as entertainers, but as people... I'm not convinced.
04-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Not at Mannat, says Aamir

11 Apr 2009, 0000 hrs IST, MEENA IYER

Has the Bollywood producers and distributors’ stand-off with the multiplexes over a 50:50 profit sharing broken the ice between Shah Rukh Khan andAamir Khan ?

No, they only came together for this cause, and BT has learned that the personal differences between the Bollywood Khans is far from over. It was Aamir who after his meetings with the multiplex representatives, took it upon himself to involve the other A-list actors. “He sent an SMS to Shah Rukh, Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan and Hrithik Roshan,” said a United Producers and Distributors Association Forum member.

Akshay, Salman and Saif replied that they were busy with their shoots, but would go along with whatever Aamir thought best for the industry; Hrithik didn’t respond at all; and, Shah Rukh was graceful enough to lend his support. The Bollywood Badshah also invited Aamir to his home, Mannat.

“The principled man that he is, Aamir is reported to have told Shah Rukh that since they have a few unresolved personal issues, he would not go to Mannat. ‘And let’s not meet at my home, either, let’s meet on neutral ground,’ Aamir is said to have added. And that is why meetings were held at Karan Johar’s Union Park residence for two nights in a row,’’ said the source.
When they met at Karan’s house, SRK and Aamir got so involved with the multiplex issue, that they left their differences aside.

“Shah Rukh was happy to let Aamir lead because he knew Aamir had already had a few meetings, and was more updated on the issue,’’ said the source. Ronnie Screwvala, Siddharth Roy Kapur, Mukesh Bhatt, Priti Shahani and Karan Johar witnessed the crackling chemistry between Bollywood’s two super-giants. “SRK, who is blessed with the gift of the gab, was truly a treat to hear,’’ said one of those present at this high-power summit.

While digging into pastries that were served, Shah Rukh commented, “With Aamir around, I have to eat something extra sweet.’’ At which Aamir laughed. Next, when Aamir went to find a toilet and came back (thrice) complaining to Karan that all the toilets were occupied, Shah Rukh teased him saying, “Arre, what’s with you? Do you want to pee in every toilet in Karan’s house?’’ SRK then asked Aamir for some personal advice on how to quit smoking. “How did you manage to give up,’’ he asked Aamir. “I’m trying real hard but I haven’t succeeded.’’

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Bollywood/Not-at-Mannat/articleshow/4385056.cms">http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Boll ... 385056.cms</a><!-- m -->

04-12-2009, 09:42 PM
[Image: rurviu.jpg]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ~~::The offical Kareena kapoor Topic::~~ ktm gal 49 67,199 09-22-2017 12:40 AM
Last Post: Mithun
  The Official Zarine Khan Topic Aisha 36 56,605 01-04-2016 12:18 AM
Last Post: ktm gal
  The Official Shah Rukh Khan Topic! Mistahlilg 525 670,275 12-21-2015 08:54 PM
  ~~::The offical Ranbir kapoor Topic::~~ khawar 130 183,726 11-25-2015 12:31 PM
  Official Sanjay Dutt Topic shefali 39 59,351 08-28-2015 06:35 AM
  Imran Khan Maria 56 84,593 07-13-2015 06:33 PM
  The official Preity Zinta Topic *Mini* 121 169,587 09-13-2012 09:03 PM
  * The Official Topic - Govinda * Guest 21 35,055 03-28-2012 02:00 PM
  The official Salrina thread rhea 2,260 2,319,873 03-29-2011 12:05 AM
Last Post: moimeme
  Actor-filmmaker Feroz Khan passes away at 70 Maria 3 8,722 05-02-2009 01:55 AM
Last Post: Guest