• 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Official Aamir Khan Topic!!
01-22-2008, 11:41 AM
We beat a team which is very arrogant" - Aamir Khan
Click here to add this article to My Clips
[Image: aamir2.jpg]

By Faridoon Shahryar, January 22, 2008 - 14:57 IST

"We beat a team which is unfortunately very arrogant and decidedly badly behaved on the cricket field. I fail to understand why arguably the best team in the world has to behave so badly," says Aamir Khan about India's stunning Perth victory down under in his latest post (The washer and dryer effect) on his blog, aamirkhan.com. Basking in the glorious response to his directorial debut Taare Zameen Par, Khan admits that he doesn't have time to rest as he starts shooting for the remaining portion of his next film Ghajini Remake from January 22.

There's another disclosure which those of you who haven't checked out his latest post would get to know on Bollywood Hungama first. It's a known fact that Aamir Khan is producing an English film titled Delhi Belly (shooting for which will commence in March) but what you don't know is that Aamir Khan Productions is producing another film (untitled so far), the shooting for which will start later this year. The only film under AKP that will release this year is Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, the launch vehicle of Aamir's nephew Imran Khan who is being touted as one of the most promising newcomers. Khan is currently working on its release plan.

According to Aamir Khan, TZP has overtaken Rang De Basanti's box office collections. Although he is very happy with the way the film is being appreciated but at the same time he is unhappy with a certain section of his fans as well. "I am deeply disappointed with those of you who have watched TZP on a pirated DVD/VCD, or when illegally shown on cable or on websites which have illegally uploaded the film. How can you be my fans or fans of Indian Cinema or any cinema for that matter if you steal from us? Sad." And the good news for his fans is that he has finally given up smoking.

The only release of 2008 for Aamir Khan (as an actor) will be Ghajini Remake that is slated to release on Diwali. The actor is supposed to shave off his hair for the balance portion of the film. It would be interesting to note how he looks in an avatar that no one has seen him in before. What do you think? Do you have a sketch in mind? Or are you waiting for the actual picture?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2008, 11:41 AM
We beat a team which is very arrogant" - Aamir Khan
Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Faridoon Shahryar, January 22, 2008 - 14:57 IST

"We beat a team which is unfortunately very arrogant and decidedly badly behaved on the cricket field. I fail to understand why arguably the best team in the world has to behave so badly," says Aamir Khan about India's stunning Perth victory down under in his latest post (The washer and dryer effect) on his blog, aamirkhan.com. Basking in the glorious response to his directorial debut Taare Zameen Par, Khan admits that he doesn't have time to rest as he starts shooting for the remaining portion of his next film Ghajini Remake from January 22.

There's another disclosure which those of you who haven't checked out his latest post would get to know on Bollywood Hungama first. It's a known fact that Aamir Khan is producing an English film titled Delhi Belly (shooting for which will commence in March) but what you don't know is that Aamir Khan Productions is producing another film (untitled so far), the shooting for which will start later this year. The only film under AKP that will release this year is Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, the launch vehicle of Aamir's nephew Imran Khan who is being touted as one of the most promising newcomers. Khan is currently working on its release plan.

According to Aamir Khan, TZP has overtaken Rang De Basanti's box office collections. Although he is very happy with the way the film is being appreciated but at the same time he is unhappy with a certain section of his fans as well. "I am deeply disappointed with those of you who have watched TZP on a pirated DVD/VCD, or when illegally shown on cable or on websites which have illegally uploaded the film. How can you be my fans or fans of Indian Cinema or any cinema for that matter if you steal from us? Sad." And the good news for his fans is that he has finally given up smoking.

The only release of 2008 for Aamir Khan (as an actor) will be Ghajini Remake that is slated to release on Diwali. The actor is supposed to shave off his hair for the balance portion of the film. It would be interesting to note how he looks in an avatar that no one has seen him in before. What do you think? Do you have a sketch in mind? Or are you waiting for the actual picture?
01-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Re: The Official Aamir Khan Topic!!
Aamir Rocks :thumbs:

[Image: w7ivrb.jpg]
01-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Aamir Rocks :thumbs:

[Image: w7ivrb.jpg]
02-04-2008, 07:10 PM
An Aamir Khan´s fan speaks up!

- Pankaj Kumar Sinha

Everybody knows that Aamir Khan is one of very few intelligent thinking actors in the Hindi Film Industry.

Aamir Khan is my most admired actor in Bollywood and to be very honest, he is the most talented and respected actor of his generation or one of the best. May be his popularity is less than other two Khans, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan but Aamir Khan is a superstar in his own right.

[Image: AAMIRKHAN3P.jpg]

He may not have won many awards like Shah Rukh Khan but he deserves more then he has got. He has been part of the movies which are going to be all time classics like Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Dil, Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin, Andaz Apna Apna, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Rangeela, Raja Hindustani, Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hai, Rang De Basanti and also his directorial debut Taare Zameen Par. Not to forget his performances in his other movies.

Aamir Khan has never been a let down for his acting performance. If you take the past history also, there are only three actors, who could just be little better then him; Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Late Sanjeev Kumar. Even Aamir Khan has proved his histronics in all kind of roles and different genres of cinema.

Aamir has been successful in other endeavors also. Be it as a singer in Ghulam - we all love that song 'Aati Kya Khandala'. He has also been an excellent brand ambassador - who can forget his advertisements for 'Titan' and 'Coke'. There is always quality in his work. He does less but what he does is best.

He has been a successful producer with the Oscar nominated Lagaan and now Taare Zameen Par. Lots of people did not have faith in these movies that it will succeed. They have not only become blockbusters but they are the pride of Indian Cinema. His directorial debut Taare Zameen Par was the only movie last year, which brought tears in my eyes. I watched most of the people reaction in the theatre, they were all moist eyed. Audience became part of the film while watching it. Many of them felt, it was their story or the story of their children. It educated us. After watching the movie, we do feel 'there needs to be a change in the education system of our country (India)'.

Children are over burdened with studies and they are not able to enjoy their childhood. It was about the dyslexic child but the story is for every child. There is too much of pressure for studies from parents today. They forget that they are just small children. Can't these children enjoy their childhood the way they want?

The actor has made a brilliant movie and it was very nice of him to make it as his directorial debut. We are looking forward to more movies like this. We salute you to make such a meaningful film. Darsheel Zafary has given an excellent performance and he should have genuinely got the Best Actor Award.

Three kudos to Aamir Khan and his team for making the thought provoking Taare Zameen Par!

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed in this article are entirely those of the fan and are neither those of Planet Bollywood nor its management.

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.planetbollywood.com/displayArticle.php?id=s020408060646">http://www.planetbollywood.com/displayA ... 0408060646</a><!-- m -->

[Image: BNLyR8BCMAIxdGm.jpg:large]
02-04-2008, 07:10 PM
An Aamir Khan´s fan speaks up!

- Pankaj Kumar Sinha

Everybody knows that Aamir Khan is one of very few intelligent thinking actors in the Hindi Film Industry.

Aamir Khan is my most admired actor in Bollywood and to be very honest, he is the most talented and respected actor of his generation or one of the best. May be his popularity is less than other two Khans, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan but Aamir Khan is a superstar in his own right.

[Image: AAMIRKHAN3P.jpg]

He may not have won many awards like Shah Rukh Khan but he deserves more then he has got. He has been part of the movies which are going to be all time classics like Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Dil, Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin, Andaz Apna Apna, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Rangeela, Raja Hindustani, Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hai, Rang De Basanti and also his directorial debut Taare Zameen Par. Not to forget his performances in his other movies.

Aamir Khan has never been a let down for his acting performance. If you take the past history also, there are only three actors, who could just be little better then him; Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Late Sanjeev Kumar. Even Aamir Khan has proved his histronics in all kind of roles and different genres of cinema.

Aamir has been successful in other endeavors also. Be it as a singer in Ghulam - we all love that song 'Aati Kya Khandala'. He has also been an excellent brand ambassador - who can forget his advertisements for 'Titan' and 'Coke'. There is always quality in his work. He does less but what he does is best.

He has been a successful producer with the Oscar nominated Lagaan and now Taare Zameen Par. Lots of people did not have faith in these movies that it will succeed. They have not only become blockbusters but they are the pride of Indian Cinema. His directorial debut Taare Zameen Par was the only movie last year, which brought tears in my eyes. I watched most of the people reaction in the theatre, they were all moist eyed. Audience became part of the film while watching it. Many of them felt, it was their story or the story of their children. It educated us. After watching the movie, we do feel 'there needs to be a change in the education system of our country (India)'.

Children are over burdened with studies and they are not able to enjoy their childhood. It was about the dyslexic child but the story is for every child. There is too much of pressure for studies from parents today. They forget that they are just small children. Can't these children enjoy their childhood the way they want?

The actor has made a brilliant movie and it was very nice of him to make it as his directorial debut. We are looking forward to more movies like this. We salute you to make such a meaningful film. Darsheel Zafary has given an excellent performance and he should have genuinely got the Best Actor Award.

Three kudos to Aamir Khan and his team for making the thought provoking Taare Zameen Par!

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed in this article are entirely those of the fan and are neither those of Planet Bollywood nor its management.

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.planetbollywood.com/displayArticle.php?id=s020408060646">http://www.planetbollywood.com/displayA ... 0408060646</a><!-- m -->

02-16-2008, 04:56 AM
i love Aamir khan!!! he is diffently the best actor of the generation!!!

[Image: 3viic3b7.png]
02-16-2008, 04:56 AM
i love Aamir khan!!! he is diffently the best actor of the generation!!!

[Image: 3viic3b7.png]
02-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Aamir's latest blog topic "Ghajini resumes"

GHAJINI resumes.
Feb,18,2008

Ghajini resumes, shooting today on the roads of Bombay. My regrets for disappearing for such a long time.

Skotse, of my resolutions I have managed to stick to no smoking, my workouts have begun again, diet is also getting back slowly though sometimes I break it, and sleeping is still not totally in place though that has seen an improvement too. So getting back slowly.

Michelle sorry to hear that you are losing the chess game.

Shabana haven’t blogged in a while because among other things I had a lot of stuff waiting after TZP got over. So have been attending to a lot of unfinished and pending business.

Coolchirag, other stuff is right except the bit about award functions. I’m afraid you wont be seeing me there. And what is this stuff you are starting on facebook and orkut on me? How do I visit there?

Patnaik Vivek, I will indeed be shaving off my head for GHAJINI as around half the film requires me to. As for DVD release of TZP… work on that is progressing but a little slow. Be assured that I am working very hard to come out with the best quality and some really special extras.

Thanks Rema, though I have to say that I didn’t quite like Kite Runner.

Poonamxx you are in the right place.

Thank you Philipkotler, for your rather strong words of praise for me. Much appreciated.

Yes Sylvi the LAGAAN Collector’s Box is indeed a limited edition. 10,000 boxes in all. And I’m glad you liked it, we worked very hard on it.

Praveer, you visiting India? Want a few lessons in chess?

Mira, you made three requests to GOD. I believe two of them have been granted. One - I have indeed quit smoking. Two - yes I am doing Raju Hirani’s film being produced by Vinod Chopra tentatively titled ‘IDIOTS’. The third one of convincing me to switch to a hybrid car he/she is still working on. But don’t be sad, cause two out of three ain’t bad.

“We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.”

-Swami Vivekananda
02-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Aamir's latest blog topic "Ghajini resumes"

GHAJINI resumes.
Feb,18,2008

Ghajini resumes, shooting today on the roads of Bombay. My regrets for disappearing for such a long time.

Skotse, of my resolutions I have managed to stick to no smoking, my workouts have begun again, diet is also getting back slowly though sometimes I break it, and sleeping is still not totally in place though that has seen an improvement too. So getting back slowly.

Michelle sorry to hear that you are losing the chess game.

Shabana haven’t blogged in a while because among other things I had a lot of stuff waiting after TZP got over. So have been attending to a lot of unfinished and pending business.

Coolchirag, other stuff is right except the bit about award functions. I’m afraid you wont be seeing me there. And what is this stuff you are starting on facebook and orkut on me? How do I visit there?

Patnaik Vivek, I will indeed be shaving off my head for GHAJINI as around half the film requires me to. As for DVD release of TZP… work on that is progressing but a little slow. Be assured that I am working very hard to come out with the best quality and some really special extras.

Thanks Rema, though I have to say that I didn’t quite like Kite Runner.

Poonamxx you are in the right place.

Thank you Philipkotler, for your rather strong words of praise for me. Much appreciated.

Yes Sylvi the LAGAAN Collector’s Box is indeed a limited edition. 10,000 boxes in all. And I’m glad you liked it, we worked very hard on it.

Praveer, you visiting India? Want a few lessons in chess?

Mira, you made three requests to GOD. I believe two of them have been granted. One - I have indeed quit smoking. Two - yes I am doing Raju Hirani’s film being produced by Vinod Chopra tentatively titled ‘IDIOTS’. The third one of convincing me to switch to a hybrid car he/she is still working on. But don’t be sad, cause two out of three ain’t bad.

“We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.”

-Swami Vivekananda
03-17-2008, 11:42 PM
Aamir Celebrates His 43rd B-day - 14 March 2008

[Image: 2yywjut.jpg]

[Image: 1jxis5.jpg]

[Image: 155nnrs.jpg]

[Image: 2d1vcd3.jpg]
03-17-2008, 11:42 PM
Aamir Celebrates His 43rd B-day - 14 March 2008

[Image: 2yywjut.jpg]

[Image: 1jxis5.jpg]

[Image: 155nnrs.jpg]

[Image: 2d1vcd3.jpg]
03-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Aamir finally goes bald

There is a popular saying in Bollywood that ‘Whatever Aamir ‘Perfectionist’ Khan does, he does not follow any style, because whatever he does, simply becomes a style in itself’. The latest one being that he has gone bald for his forthcoming film Ghajini, with the southern sensation Asin and the Bollywood hottie Jiah Khan paired opposite him.

He going bald had become the talk of the town for quite some time now. And the ‘day’ decided was his Birthday, which eventually got postponed. Now the D-Day (or is it the B-Day- Bald Day) arrived yesterday when ‘Mr. Perfect’ Aamir ultimately bid good bye to his much loved hair, in the presence of his near and dear ones. And the person instrumental in this was the renowned celebrity hair stylist Avan Contractor, and the location was Aamir’s residence in Bandra. The ‘USP’ of this one and a half an hour ‘balding session’ was that, at the end of it all, at the behest of Aamir, Avan created a scar with the razor on Aamir’s head!

It looks quite ironical that it was the same Aamir who had gone full fledged with his locks in Mangal Pandey: The Rising. And now it is the same Aamir who has gone bald, though the common factor remains that both of these ‘hairstyles’ were not an overnight decision. Aamir had spent lots of time working out on these looks.

So, please do not be surprised if you suddenly find the young men going bald. Because you know that the reason is not the summer, or the dandruff and definitely not the lice, but it’s called the refreshing ‘Aamir slice’!!!

Photo Courtesy: Avinash Gowariker
Source: <!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.indiafm.com/features/2008/03/21/3692/index.html">http://www.indiafm.com/features/2008/03 ... index.html</a><!-- m -->
03-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Aamir finally goes bald

There is a popular saying in Bollywood that ‘Whatever Aamir ‘Perfectionist’ Khan does, he does not follow any style, because whatever he does, simply becomes a style in itself’. The latest one being that he has gone bald for his forthcoming film Ghajini, with the southern sensation Asin and the Bollywood hottie Jiah Khan paired opposite him.

He going bald had become the talk of the town for quite some time now. And the ‘day’ decided was his Birthday, which eventually got postponed. Now the D-Day (or is it the B-Day- Bald Day) arrived yesterday when ‘Mr. Perfect’ Aamir ultimately bid good bye to his much loved hair, in the presence of his near and dear ones. And the person instrumental in this was the renowned celebrity hair stylist Avan Contractor, and the location was Aamir’s residence in Bandra. The ‘USP’ of this one and a half an hour ‘balding session’ was that, at the end of it all, at the behest of Aamir, Avan created a scar with the razor on Aamir’s head!

It looks quite ironical that it was the same Aamir who had gone full fledged with his locks in Mangal Pandey: The Rising. And now it is the same Aamir who has gone bald, though the common factor remains that both of these ‘hairstyles’ were not an overnight decision. Aamir had spent lots of time working out on these looks.

So, please do not be surprised if you suddenly find the young men going bald. Because you know that the reason is not the summer, or the dandruff and definitely not the lice, but it’s called the refreshing ‘Aamir slice’!!!

Photo Courtesy: Avinash Gowariker
Source: <!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.indiafm.com/features/2008/03/21/3692/index.html">http://www.indiafm.com/features/2008/03 ... index.html</a><!-- m -->
04-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Aamir is back to his wild ways

[Image: aamircutout.jpg]

Mr Perfectionist has just got another bellyache. Or is it one he's giving others, again?

In the recent past, his production of Taare Zameen Par, saw the original director and writer of the film, Amole Gupte, being sidelined and the producer-star of the film, massively rewrote the film and took over the reins, too.

He gave due credit to Gupte, but the scrap caused a lot of heartburn to Gupte, naturally. It was small consolation that the film was appreciated very much by the audieneces as well as critics.

Now, Aamir Khan's production of Delhi Belly seems to have caused heartburn and a bellyache too. The first to the original director of Delhi Belly, and the second to Aamir Khan, to be sure.

Or is it that Aamir is giving a lot of bellyaches to just about everyone around?

These pre-production aches and post-production heartburns are not usual for Mr Khan, and he would probably have quite a stomach upset if he didn't play Mr Perfectionist all the time.

While the directorial responsibility in TZP changed hands when the film was nearly complete, Delhi Belly has seen a change at the helm even before it has gone on the floors.

The original choice to direct Aamir Khan's quirky and crisp sex comedy was Swedish director Robert Nylund. Nylund is nyet nyet already!

Delhi Belly has a new director in the chair already and likely to have a change of language, too.

Confirmed a source close to Delhi Belly, "Robert Nylund has been replaced by Abinay Deo who is veteran actors Ramesh and Seema Deo's younger son -- the elder one, Ajinkya, is a recognised Marathi and Hindi actor."

The source also informed that the film was originally going to be in Hindi when it was to be directed by the Swedish director. Amusingly, it will now be in English."

It has turned out to be big break for the bright spark ad-filmmaker who has already notched up high-budgeted star-studded Pepsi and Cinthol commercial spots.

Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone starred in his recent Pepsi ad with the 'Youngisthan' theme while Hrithik was the lead in the Cinthol ad.

Added the source, "In an instant replay of what happened between Aamir and Amole Gupte during TZP, Aamir couldn't see eye to eye with the Swedish director. Aamir was very impressed by Abhinay's ads. When they met, he found Abhinay to full of do-able ideas."

So, the deal clicked. Reportedly, Abhinay has been asked to direct Delhi Belly on the lines of Guy Ritchie's heist-caper Snatch. "It would be a very naughty and sexy comedy unlike anything one would expect from Aamir. And, yes, he's likely to play a part in it."

So, then, there is much to look forward to with this project. After the bellyache break.
04-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Aamir is back to his wild ways

[Image: aamircutout.jpg]

Mr Perfectionist has just got another bellyache. Or is it one he's giving others, again?

In the recent past, his production of Taare Zameen Par, saw the original director and writer of the film, Amole Gupte, being sidelined and the producer-star of the film, massively rewrote the film and took over the reins, too.

He gave due credit to Gupte, but the scrap caused a lot of heartburn to Gupte, naturally. It was small consolation that the film was appreciated very much by the audieneces as well as critics.

Now, Aamir Khan's production of Delhi Belly seems to have caused heartburn and a bellyache too. The first to the original director of Delhi Belly, and the second to Aamir Khan, to be sure.

Or is it that Aamir is giving a lot of bellyaches to just about everyone around?

These pre-production aches and post-production heartburns are not usual for Mr Khan, and he would probably have quite a stomach upset if he didn't play Mr Perfectionist all the time.

While the directorial responsibility in TZP changed hands when the film was nearly complete, Delhi Belly has seen a change at the helm even before it has gone on the floors.

The original choice to direct Aamir Khan's quirky and crisp sex comedy was Swedish director Robert Nylund. Nylund is nyet nyet already!

Delhi Belly has a new director in the chair already and likely to have a change of language, too.

Confirmed a source close to Delhi Belly, "Robert Nylund has been replaced by Abinay Deo who is veteran actors Ramesh and Seema Deo's younger son -- the elder one, Ajinkya, is a recognised Marathi and Hindi actor."

The source also informed that the film was originally going to be in Hindi when it was to be directed by the Swedish director. Amusingly, it will now be in English."

It has turned out to be big break for the bright spark ad-filmmaker who has already notched up high-budgeted star-studded Pepsi and Cinthol commercial spots.

Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone starred in his recent Pepsi ad with the 'Youngisthan' theme while Hrithik was the lead in the Cinthol ad.

Added the source, "In an instant replay of what happened between Aamir and Amole Gupte during TZP, Aamir couldn't see eye to eye with the Swedish director. Aamir was very impressed by Abhinay's ads. When they met, he found Abhinay to full of do-able ideas."

So, the deal clicked. Reportedly, Abhinay has been asked to direct Delhi Belly on the lines of Guy Ritchie's heist-caper Snatch. "It would be a very naughty and sexy comedy unlike anything one would expect from Aamir. And, yes, he's likely to play a part in it."

So, then, there is much to look forward to with this project. After the bellyache break.
04-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Aamir's negative act in DELHI BELLY?
April 18, 2008 1:52:58 PM IST
Abid, Bollywood Trade News Network
[Image: aamir_newlook.jpg]

view RACE PREMIERE videos

As may be recalled, many a months back (January), we had broken the news that Swedish director, Robert Nylund was to direct Aamir's Khan's home banner venture, DELHI BELLY. Unfortunately, things did not work out as per the plans and the new director of DELHI BELLY is now the well known ad film director, Abinay Deo, as was disclosed across the media last week.

However, we are not here to rehash that authentic but now stale news. The reason that we are here is because it is being postulated in certain sections of the print and electronic media that Aamir Khan is all set to do a negative role in the film, DELHI BELLY. And that is the reason why the original director, Robert Nylund has been replaced!

Well, we can only laugh at the fallacy of the above statement as Aamir never had and does not have any plans of playing a negative character in DELHI BELLY.
04-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Aamir's negative act in DELHI BELLY?
April 18, 2008 1:52:58 PM IST
Abid, Bollywood Trade News Network
[Image: aamir_newlook.jpg]

As may be recalled, many a months back (January), we had broken the news that Swedish director, Robert Nylund was to direct Aamir's Khan's home banner venture, DELHI BELLY. Unfortunately, things did not work out as per the plans and the new director of DELHI BELLY is now the well known ad film director, Abinay Deo, as was disclosed across the media last week.

However, we are not here to rehash that authentic but now stale news. The reason that we are here is because it is being postulated in certain sections of the print and electronic media that Aamir Khan is all set to do a negative role in the film, DELHI BELLY. And that is the reason why the original director, Robert Nylund has been replaced!

Well, we can only laugh at the fallacy of the above statement as Aamir never had and does not have any plans of playing a negative character in DELHI BELLY.
12-13-2008, 02:31 PM
AAmir tress-passes on Srk territory

All staff at leading multiplex chains across the country where SRK-starrer Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi is releasing, given Aamir’s distinctive look from Ghajini

KUNAL M SHAH

[Image: Pc0010600.jpg]

[Image: Pc0010500.jpg]

First, he named his dog Shah Rukh, and laughed it off as a joke. But now with his latest publicity gimmick for Ghajini which releases within a fortnight of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, the gloves are off and Bollywood's most-underplayed rivalry is set to hog the headlines.

In a surprise move that has caught Shah Rukh and Yashraj Films off-guard, Aamir and his producers tied up with leading multiplexes (BIG Cinemas, Cinemax and PVR) across the country, where SRK-starrer Rab Ne is releasing today, to give all the ushers, ticket-sellers the distinctive buzz-cut that Aamir sports in Ghajini.

“People will go to watch Rab Ne...but see these Aamir's Ghajini prototypes everywhere in the theatres,” says a trade analyst. The idea for this ambush marketing, says our source, came from Aamir. “The producers of Ghajini were delighted with Aamir's idea. The fact that the audience identifies with the Ghajini hairstyle also helped their cause. It was difficult to get almost 1500 ushers to shave off their hair just like Aamir though he himself was kicked with the idea that anyone who goes to watch Rab Ne Ban Di Jodi will see Aamir lookalikes. Not just ushers but also men at the ticket counter and those who work in the food courts will be sporting the Ghajini look,” said our source, not wishing to be identified and get caught in the cross-fire of two warring superstars.

“This marketing initiative required a lot of coordination since all ushers had to do it voluntarily,” said Joydeep Ghosh Roy, GM Marketing and Sales, PVR Cinemas. “I think this is one of the most eye-catching marketing strategies. After a gloomy period due to the tragedy in the city, two big films like Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and Ghajini are releasing one after the other, and we're all looking forward to this,” he added.

When asked about the gimmick, Aamir dead-panned: “I am very happy that theatre chains are carrying out this activity. I sense that that they are treating the release of my film like an important event. I am glad that they consider Ghajini as one of the important films of the year.”

For Bollywood insiders there is more to the move than a mere marketing drive. The equation between Aamir and SRK has always been a volatile one. During the infamous SRKSalman fight, Aamir had chosen to side with Salman and after naming his pet-dog Shah Rukh, wrote on his blog: “Shah Rukh is licking my feet and I am feeding him biscuits every now and then. What more I can ask for? He is smelling too much. I think he needs a bath. Heel boy, heel.”

To know if Shah Rukh Khan, never shy of pangas himself, will stay down at heel, or respond in kind, watch this space.

Mumbai Mirroe

12-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Has Aamir borrowed Sallu's tee? Has Aamir borrowed Sallu's tee?

Aamir Khan was at his trainer Satyajit Chourasia's Barbarian gym at Seven Bungalows on Sunday. Interestingly, the friendship between Aamir and Salman Khan seems to be deepening by the day! Aamir was wearing a Being Human tee, the NGO that is Sallu's brainchild. Gawd, talk about wearing your heart on your sleeve — or should we say chest?

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2008/dec/151208-Fashion-rivalry-Priyanka-Chopra-Kangana-Ranaut-Raaz-Rohit-Roy-Bollywood.htm">http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/20 ... lywood.htm</a><!-- m -->

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ~~::The offical Kareena kapoor Topic::~~ ktm gal 49 67,418 09-22-2017 12:40 AM
Last Post: Mithun
  The Official Zarine Khan Topic Aisha 36 56,718 01-04-2016 12:18 AM
Last Post: ktm gal
  The Official Shah Rukh Khan Topic! Mistahlilg 525 672,810 12-21-2015 08:54 PM
  ~~::The offical Ranbir kapoor Topic::~~ khawar 130 184,246 11-25-2015 12:31 PM
  Official Sanjay Dutt Topic shefali 39 59,465 08-28-2015 06:35 AM
  Imran Khan Maria 56 84,776 07-13-2015 06:33 PM
  The official Preity Zinta Topic *Mini* 121 170,105 09-13-2012 09:03 PM
  * The Official Topic - Govinda * Guest 21 35,168 03-28-2012 02:00 PM
  The official Salrina thread rhea 2,260 2,328,638 03-29-2011 12:05 AM
Last Post: moimeme
  Actor-filmmaker Feroz Khan passes away at 70 Maria 3 8,742 05-02-2009 01:55 AM
Last Post: Guest