Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hrithik
04-30-2012, 03:35 PM
RE: Hrithik
Taare zameen par
The biggest movie stars at their humble best. Filmfare chronicles the efforts of tinsel town’s most popular humanitarians

Written By Rachit Gupta
Senior Multimedia Executive
Posted Mon, Apr 30, 2012

[Image: 6002_1335781577_600x450.jpg]

Before you assume this is about Aamir Khan’s directorial debut, let’s just say it’s about larger-than-life celebrities finding their humane side. Salman Khan’s foundation is aptly called Being Human, because that is exactly what our favourite film stars are doing when they help the underprivileged and needy. Even as you read this text, NGOs and other charitable organisations across the country are working round the clock. And they are being fuelled by the multi-crore earning superstars. Clearly, charity is a great leveller.

Amitabh Bachchan is the biggest star in the history of Indian cinema. His celebrity appeal sells more than a dozen brands on TV, radio and print. It’s the same appeal that works wonders for charitable causes like the Polio Campaign. In his own words, “When you’re in a position to influence the thoughts of other people, you automatically assume a higher responsibility.” That’s precisely why the biggest stars of our country lend their names and brand value to charitable causes. Here’s looking at stars with a big heart. Read on.

[Image: hrithik615_1335777872_640x640.jpg]
Good looking Samaritan
There’s one person in the glitzy world of celebrities who doesn’t mind wielding the megaphone to announce his good deeds. Hrithik Roshan believes by advertising one’s charitable efforts you can set an example for others to follow. So when Hrithik donated a school bus for special children, he invited the media to be part of it. He doesn’t believe in holding back, neither in the coverage nor in the giving. Hrithik is actively involved with Mumbai-based Dilkhush Special School for mentally-challenged children. Learning from his own experiences of stammering as a child, Hrithik also works for a charitable foundation that helps challenged people who find it difficult to face the world. Hrithik’s the superhero for children and young adults who stammer or have stunted social skills.

For Others:
http://filmfare.com/features/taare-zamee...escArticle

[Image: BNLyR8BCMAIxdGm.jpg:large]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2013, 03:50 PM

11-09-2013, 08:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs6GZhU_FUQ

11-10-2013, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 11:01 AM by ktm gal.)
‘SALMAN CONTRIBUTED TO MY LIFE IN MANY WAYS’

Hrithik Roshan talks about his equation with Khan as he gets ready to appear on a reality show hosted by the actor

[Image: salman-hrithik.jpg]

Hrithik Roshan has tasted success again with his latest superhero film, Krrish 3. In this chat, the actor talks about his equation with Salman Khan (they reportedly had a falling out after Salman’s alleged derogatory comment against the 2010 film, Guzaarish), how Aamir Khan prophesied the hit, working with Kareena Kapoor Khan again and his kids’ reaction to his latest flick.

While you were promoting the film, people talked about how you didn’t go to the Salman Khan hosted reality show. Any plans to go now?
Yes, I am (going). I don’t know why this has become an issue. There are a lot of other shows that I could not make it to, but it’s (the visit) on the cards. I might be on the show very, very soon. I think for the second or the third week of the film… It will be my pleasure and we will have a ball.

Is everything fine between you and Salman?
About four months ago I stepped into one of his stores and purchased a lot of clothes for myself. Salman and I have spoken about that and he was happy to know that I am probably the only other actor who has visited the store and bought clothes for himself. I admire him and believe in his symbol of being human. He has really added and contributed to my life in many ways.

Have you also got congratulatory calls from your co-stars or Bollywood contemporaries?
Well, I must say Aamir has been very supportive. He also predicted the next day’s collections. He has really contributed to our success in such a beautiful way (smiles).

Has he been in touch with you regularly?
We had a great time at his party during Diwali. We stayed up till eight in the morning. He also foretold what would happen (to the film) and whatever he said is actually happening. He really knows the pulse of the audience. You know, it’s important to be loved and admired by the people you love and admire. Whether the film is a hit or flop, if they don’t appreciate it, or admire your efforts, it’s a big let-down. I am happy that my kids have enjoyed the film. I think from now on whenever they play with action figures, if there is Superman, Spider-Man, Batman and Iron Man, Krrish will beat them all (smiles).

You are going to work again with Kareena (in Shuddhi) after so many years...
Kareena is one of our finest actresses. She always has been. It will only add to my growth while working with her. I look forward to it. See page 46

More on Interview here:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainm...49428.aspx

12-13-2013, 10:20 AM
I stumbled on to this really cute video of Hrithik's childhood acting. I thought he'd briefly appeared in a couple of his father's films when they needed a kid in the frame, but had no idea he acted substantial roles like this. And with stalwarts like Rajnkanth and Sridevi, too!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this as much as I did, though I did stop the video before it reached its sad ending.

12-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Hrithik Roshan-Sussanne separate, actor says she took the call

Prashant Singh, Hindustan TimesNew Delhi, December 13, 2013

Actor Hrithik Roshan and his wife of 13 years, Sussanne, are ending their marriage, a statement from the actor confirms. “Sussanne has decided to separate from me and end our 17-year relationship.

This is a very trying time for the entire family and I request the media and the people to grant us our privacy at this time,” says Hrithik, who has two sons with Sussanne – Hrehaan, 7 and Hridhaan, 5.

This comes after four months of speculation about the split. To start with, the two were believed to have been living separately for three-four months. Also, they haven’t made any public appearance – like they used to – for some time now. Interestingly, she was also missing from all the public events related to Hrithik’s recent hit, Krrish:3.

Meanwhile, Sussanne also sent out a note saying that the two have made their individual choices and would like their privacy to be respected.Also, in September, at Roshan Sr’s birthday party, Sussanne made a blink-and-miss appearance. Apparently, she arrived late with her brother Zayed and parents, Sanjay and Zarine Khan. More recently, Sussanne confirmed Hrithik’s presence at the opening of her new store (on December 11) but of course that didn’t happen since he is in the US. -

[Image: collage-hrithik_sussanne.jpg]

Although things have taken an unpleasant turn, Hrithik insists that he still believes in marriage. “I do not wish this news to disempower my fans and the people about the institution of marriage in any way. I am a firm believer in this institution and respect and honour it at the highest level,” says the actor. However, he seems positive about the future. “I thank my fans for all the concern and prayers for my health. My treatment is going fine. I should be able to resume my life in every way very soon,” he says.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainm...62252.aspx

Sad

12-14-2013, 01:13 AM
Hrithik-Sussanne's separation not 'closure', says Sanjay Khan

PTIMumbai, December 13, 2013

Actor-filmmaker Sanjay Khan on Friday said that the decision of his daughter Sussanne and son-in-law Hrithik Roshan to separate was not a "closure", but the couple needed some space to resolve their issues. Hrithik said in a statement earlier on Friday that "Sussanne has decided to separate from me and end our 17 years relationship".

When asked for his reaction, Khan told PTI: "Like any other normal couple they also have some issues. Just because Hrithik is a superstar, doesn't mean he will not have personal issues. They both are intelligent and wonderful people. It's just that they need space. Of course this is not a closure. "They respect each other. To resolve issues, may be this is what they thought was good," he said.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainm...YN51s.dpuf

12-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Mehr miffed with Arjun

Dec 29, 2013

Speaking of the Khans, their former best friends, Arjun-Mehr are again in the news. Mehr fell out of favour with SRK after she criticised him over his friendship with Priyanka. But ironically, her own hubby’s alleged involvement with Sussanne has shaken her up. But Mehr is putting up a brave front and has asked hubby Arjun to behave normally with Sussanne. In a bid to project a happy facade, the couple not only turned up at Sussanne’s store launch but Mehr was seen comforting Sussanne too. Insiders though claim that she is keeping a close watch over Arjun to ensure that he doesn’t slip up again.

http://www.asianage.com/bollywood/mehr-miffed-arjun-415

01-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan end tiff? Prashant Singh,

Hindustan TimesMumbai, January 04, 2014 -

While most Bollywood actors tend to head overseas to bring in 2014 away from the media glare, Salman Khan celebrated New Year’s Eve with a group of close friends (including Sonakshi Sinha and Elli Avram) at his farmhouse in Panvel. However, on that day, Salman had a surprise visitor.

Hrithik Roshan, who has always shared a rocky equation with Salman, blowing hot and cold at times, drove down to Panvel for a couple of hours on December 31. “He left at around 8.30 pm. So he didn’t bring in the New Year with him,” says an eyewitness. The purpose of Hrithik’s visit is still unclear. News of a tiff between the actors first surfaced when Salman allegedly made a derogatory comment about Hrithik’s film, Guzaarish (2010). Then, a few weeks ago, they made headlines again when Hrithik — unlike his Krrish 3 (2013) co-stars Priyanka Chopra and Kangana Ranaut — didn’t appear on the show, Bigg Boss that is hosted by Salman. Another set of reports claimed that it was Salman who was not keen on having him promote his film on the show.

But a few days later, Hrithik told us that all is well between them. “Salman has really added and contributed to my life in many ways,” he had said.After his meeting with Salman, Hrithik brought in 2014 at his friends Goldie Behl and Sonali Bendre’s house. Despite repeated attempts, Hrithik couldn’t be reached for a comment.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainm...diC94.dpuf

09-30-2014, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2014 07:42 AM by ktm gal.)
‘Bang Bang’: Hrithik Roshan dares Salman Khan!

Last Updated: Tuesday, September 30, 2014

[Image: 278318-salman-1.jpg]

Mumbai: Hrithik Roshan has been extremely busy daring his colleagues from the film industry. The hunk of an actor, whose latest- ‘Bang Bang’- is all set to hit the silverscreen on October 2, has now dared none other than Salman Khan! Both Salman and Hrithik were believed to have shared a strained relationship in the past. But the two have denied animosity between them. And this friendly dare from Hrithik to Salman has certainly put all speculations to rest.

The actor took to Twitter to write:

Hrithik Roshan ✔ @iHrithik

Here it is. 2 d one who is more about other people than himself, PAINT!! And give d world a message! ANY! @BeingSalmanKhan qubool ?

6:36 AM - 30 Sep 2014

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/c...77982.html

*What better way to gain more publicity for his film 'Bang Bang'?* Angry

10-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Studio Prodigal’s Desperate Moves for Bang Bang

They may go hoarse in the face insisting that they’ve delivered a hit in their recent overpriced actioner, but the trade is sniggering at this studio’s inflated box-office numbers and its refusal to accept that recovery of investment is an unlikelihood in the case of their latest film. Insiders at the studio are closely watching the desperate measures that the honchos must take to maximise revenues.

Turns out the marketing department had lined up a cross-promotional tie- up with a leading electronics brand for the film, and had received roughly a dozen high-end smart- phones and tablets as part of the deal. As the bosses scurried around looking for just about any means to bridge the wide gap between the film’s landing cost and its collections, one smart-alec executive reportedly came up with the bright idea to sell off these electronic items received in lieu of the deal and add the money received from the sale to the film’s recovery numbers. A junior was apparently entrusted with the responsibility of signing up on a popular trading website and peddling the items.

The amount from the sale, as you can imagine, will likely be peanuts, given the film’s ridiculously high budget. But this incident is clearly a good indication of just how pressed-to-the-wall the studio is over this expensive folly of a film.

Rajeev Masand

10-22-2014, 10:12 AM
Hrithik- Katrina’s Bang Bang Fails To Make A Bang At The Box Office

By Sakshi on October 22, 2014

[Image: Hrithik-Cover.jpg]

Hrithik Roshan- Katrina Kaif‘s Bang Bang Fails To Make A Bang At The Box Office

Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif starrer Bang Bang produced by Fox Star Studios, has been a let down at the Indian Box Office.

The film will be making in the range of Rs 1.5 billion (150 crores) net at the Indian Box Office. The film has let down even though the film had no opposition in term of big releases for full 3 weeks and having a 5 day holiday release for the film.

The film will be an overall loosing proposition for the Sidharth Anand directed film bang bang

Hrithik Roshan, went into overdrive marketing mode before and after the movie .

Before the film he gave gave a
#BangBangdare
inspired from Ice Bucket Challenge , to many of his Bollywood friends. Before the release of ‘Bang Bang’, Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif didn’t appear on any reality show to promote the movie. Even a proposal to appear on ‘Bigg Boss 8’ was turned down. Finally, Hrithik Roshan entered the Bigg Boss 8 house to promote his film Bang Bang after the release of the film to celebrate the success of the movie on the fourth day of release itself.

Hrithik’s visit was to give Bang Bang a push for its coming second weekend at the box office.

At Bigg Boss 8 house, Hrithik Roshan mingled with the housemates and also gave them some Bang Bang Dares. Looks like even Hrithik Roshan was well aware about the fiasco that happened between the two, otherwise what else could have been the reason that Gautam and Karishma were chosen to perform a romantic number. He made sure that the two of them hug and make-up for whatever fights they have had.

Surprisingly Hrithik entered the house on a day when Salman Khan isn’t around, as Khan appeared only in weekend episodes. Now all eyes are on Shah Rukh Khan’s Happy New Year to set the cash registers ringing on Diwali.

http://businessofcinema.com/boxoffice/hr...ice/178033

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter