Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
~~::The offical Ranbir kapoor Topic::~~
02-18-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: ~~::The offical Ranbir kapoor Topic::~~
Ranbir is very special to me: Nargis Fakhri
Upala KBR, TNN | Feb 18, 2012, 12.06PM IST

Nargis Fakhri was touted as the next best thing prior to the release of her debut film, Rockstar. While director Imtiaz Ali and lead actor Ranbir Kapoor got all the acclaim, Nargis had to contend with the brickbats.

Post that, the actress disappeared to New York for two months to take stock. In her first interview since returning from the US, she tells us what she's been through, including her relationship with Ranbir.

When Rockstar released you were touted as the new "It Girl". However, you haven't signed any new films since.
Rockstar was a very special film. It was during Rockstar that I realised acting is what I am meant to do. After being part of such a fantastic project, my team and I are taking our time selecting my next project. So whether it is signing a film or a brand, a lot of thought is going into it. I am not going to sign everything that comes my way. If it means waiting for the right film, then so be it.

Imtiaz Ali has stood by you and said he would cast you again if the project is right. Comment.
It's endearing to know that he has stood by me. I think he is an amazing director and human being, and I feel honoured that he chose me to be a part of this film.

How did you get Rockstar?
Rockstar found me. I got emails while living in Copenhagen. As luck would have it, Imtiaz was coming to Prague, my mother's home city, and asked to meet me. I hesitated but then thought what the heck, I'll just see what this is all about. Next thing I knew, I was on a flight to India and a few months later we were back in Prague shooting.

Who in Bollywood has been kindest to you post Rockstar?

Everyone has been so kind to me and helped to make things comfortable here. But I have the greatest gratitude towards Mrs Neetu Kapoor, Ranbir's mother. I don't know if she knows it, but I am truly grateful to have met her and so blessed that she was around for me... and still is. It's hard when you don't have your mom around, and she exudes that loving, caring feminine energy that I was missing. There are two girls that I can call at 3 am - one is my manager and the other was an assistant director on Rockstar. That's about it for now.

Do you feel being linked romantically to Ranbir was damaging to your career?
I don't think it was damaging, I don't think any of that was a big deal at all. I chose to ignore it and concentrate on my work and hopefully, people will do that too.

What is your true relationship with Ranbir, barring the "just good friends" cliche?
He was, is and will always be very special to me, because I didn't have any other friend here in Mumbai. We hung out a lot. I was grateful to have him around. We remain friends, and when we both have time I'm sure we'll catch up. We try to keep in touch, but schedules are hectic and it makes it hard to be as close as we used to be.

Can you call him your 3 am friend?
Yes. He has always been encouraging and supportive. If I need anything, I can call and he'll willingly help me out, or at least try.

Are you single? How did you celebrate Valentine's Day this year?
Yes I'm single. I spent it with a few friends.

When critics said you didn't have any acting skills, did you feel hurt?
How can I feel hurt or disappointed when I never set out to be an actress? Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would do a Bollywood film, so there was no way I could have prepared for any of this. People have their views on others all the time, so it did not hurt to hear the criticism. I was eager to hear the truth so I could understand what I needed to work on.

In retrospect, do you think you should have enrolled in an acting academy before joining films?
Once again, if I knew Iwas going to do this as a career then yes, of course. But being that I had no idea this would've happened, how could I have prepared? When I was offered the role, I had only three months to get ready. That's not enough time. Now that I am back, I am going to look into whatever is required.

Before Rockstar released, we'd heard you would only work with the three Khans and Hrithik Roshan. Is that still your stand?
I have always been professional when it comes to work. I cannot and will not dictate who I want to work with. I am only one movie old, so there is no question of me wanting to work with a select group of people. I would love to work with the Khans, Hrithik and everyone else. My priority is the script. Get me a good script and I will sign the movie. I think I should leave the casting up to the experts!

After their first release, most actresses knock on directors and producers' doors wanting to sign more films, but you disappeared to New York.
This film was extremely taxing, and I needed to spend time with my mother. She is the most important person in my life, and I made being with her my priority. I gave this movie two years of my life, and it was a lot of work. So once all promotions were taken care of, I was looking forward to a nice long break at home with my family and friends. Now I'm back, and it has only been work, work, work since I landed in Mumbai.

What does your family think about your vocation?
My mother is happy with whatever I choose to do in life as long as I'm happy, healthy and safe.

Tell us a bit about your family...
It's just my mom, sister and me, and they mean the world to me.

Do you think you have what it takes to be a successful star?
I don't really know what the prerequisites are for Bollywood, but I do believe I can be successful in anything I choose to do. Hard work and dedication is important to success, and I have those qualities.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enter...936602.cms

[Image: BNLyR8BCMAIxdGm.jpg:large]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Katrina, Deepika back in Ranbir's life
TNN | Feb 17, 2012, 07.00PM IST

The two actresses will have to learn to co-exist...

It's that time of life when history repeats himself. Just a little while ago, Ranbir Kapoor who was touted to be Casanova, was single and ready to mingle. Deepika Padukone and he broke up, he was linked to Katrina Kaif and suddenly news of his and Nargis Fakhri were doing the rounds. And then nothing!

Now, it - or should we say 'they all'? - all seems to be coming back! Deepika and Ranbir have buried the hatchet, and are even working together in Ayaan Mukherjee's film. And post that we get to hear Kat and Ranbir are an item again! Result: Deepika and Katrina re-enter the Kapoors life in a sort of role reversal.

When Deepika was Ranbir's girlfriend, Katrina was his co-star. This time, Deepika is his co-star and Katrina is allegedly his girlfriend! Wethinks the Kapoor lad's life just got a tad wee interesting all over again.

And as for Ranbir, Deepika and Katrina fans, we're sure they're waiting to see in which way the wind blows, and which spark will go off where. In matters of the heart and showbiz, one can never tell...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enter...927459.cms

02-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Bollywood Exclusive, Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif’s Phone War!

MissMalini

Uh oh, Katrina Kaif is apparently in no mood to take her link up with Ranbir Kapoor lightly.

The actress who’s been having a blow-hot-blow-cold relationship with RK over the last few years was pretty enraged when she returned from her long schedule of Ek Tha Tiger in Cuba to find her name being dredged up in a series of Ranbir-Deepika Padukone reconciliation stories. For some reason Kat is convinced that RK has been leaking stories of them getting back together as a couple to the press! (But why Kat?)

Since Ranbir’s busy shooting for Barfee in Darjeeling, Kat picked up the phone and gave him an earful (I’m told for over an hour). This happened at the Yashraj office where she met with Aditya Chopra before leaving for a long schedule of Yash Chopra’s film starring Shah Rukh Khan, herself and Anushka Sharma. Close friends confirm that things have gotten pretty ugly between the two and RK is upset that he’s being blamed for no reason.

Oh and PS. Kat and Salman Khan spent loads of time together in Havanna and she might just have had a change of heart and is perhaps contemplating going back to him. Well if that happens, you’ll read it here first!

http://www.missmalini.com/2012/02/23/bol...phone-war/

03-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Won’t come free with Ranbir

Shahid Kapoor upset with organisers for leaving his name out from the promotions of an upcoming world tour, quits the event altogether

Kunal M Shah

Posted On Friday, March 02, 2012 at 02:03:21 AM

[Image: 2012030220120302020329463dc30a7e_2012030...iginal.jpg]

Shahid Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor are said to be the next BFFs of Bollywood. In fact, Shahid was reportedly happy to join Ranbir in his world tour organised by The Morani Brothers, However, the truth is far from it. Mumbai Mirror has learnt that Shahid is not keen on joining the global event especially since it’s being promoted as Ranbir’s official world tour. In fact, Shahid, who wants to be projected on an equal platform with Ranbir, has made it clear to the organisers that he won’t be available for the tour.

Shahid’s spokesperson confirmed and said, “Shahid is definitely not going to be a part of the world tour this year. He will be concentrating on his film assignments.”

The story however, runs deeper. According to a source close to Shahid, the actor was not too happy being just an add-on in what was being called the Ranbir Kapoor world tour. “He was extremely upset with the constant speculations about him joining Ranbir in the concert. The talks were still on. And Shahid’s representatives made it very clear that if they wanted the actor to be a part of it, the show has to be promoted as Shahid and Ranbir’s world tour. Shahid also has a big fan following overseas. When two stars are equal, it can’t be just one person’s show,” added the source.

But when the media reports did not stop, Shahid had to call the Morani Brothers and inform them about his inability to join the tour. “He also told them that if they want him to be a part of the show, it has to be promoted as his show as well,” said the source.

According to the source, Shahid has told the organisers that he would be available for the show next year in April, provided his conditions are met. “Shahid holds Ranbir in very high regards but is clear on what he wants from this tour,” added the source.

Needless to say, Shahid doesn’t want to mix his personal relationships with the professional ones.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/2...anbir.html

03-03-2012, 02:08 AM
Somehow I have never really liked Ranbir, only saw Saawariya and he didnt impress me much...

Love the life you live... Live the life you love...
03-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Ranbir’s show will not go on

Buzz is, the actor is having serious second thoughts about embarking on his much-hyped world tour co-produced by his dad

Vickey Lalwani

Posted On Tuesday, March 06, 2012 at 02:19:50 AM

[Image: 2012030620120306021956365afe4f882_201203...iginal.jpg]

Ranbir Kapoor's much anticipated world tour appears to have hit a major roadblock. Going by industry whispers, the tour that was previously scheduled for August-September 2012 has been postponed to a latter date. And, if rumours are to be believed, it may not happen at all this year.

When contacted, Ali Morani from Cineyug, organisers of the tour, was rather evasive, "Things are not yet in place. The tour will happen but I can't say when. It may not be this year." Ranbir's father Rishi Kapoor, who is also the tour's producer, refused to comment on an obviously sensitive subject.

Apparently, Ranbir had second thoughts about embarking on the tour this year. A source told Mirror, "Ranbir took the call. He wants to concentrate only on films, at least for the time being. Any commitment on the world tour would also mean a lot of dates for rehearsals etc. And a lot of filmmakers have been queuing up for Ranbir to star in their projects after Rockstar. So he has decided he'd rather focus on those. The world tour can wait, at least for now."

This isn't the first time the tour has been postponed. Originally slated for July 2011 soon after Rajneeti hit theatres, the tour was put off till after Rockstar saw the light of day, as the father-son duo of Rishi and Ranbir felt it needed some foot-thumping songs to be a success.

The much-awaited tour has indeed gone through multiple changes. Initially, Ranbir, Deepika, Sonam and Shahid were to be on it. Later, Deepika and Sonam were replaced by Priyanka and Katrina. A couple of days ago, Shahid excused himself reportedly because he was miffed with the fact that the tour was being promoted as 'Ranbir's World Tour' and he wasn't getting enough publicity. In fact while speaking to Mirror, Ali Morani remarked, "Shahid had never given his dates to us."

Meanwhile, his brother Mohammed Morani said, "Please hum logo ko chhod do. I don't want to say anything about it."

As for Ranbir, he chose to be diplomatic saying, "Nothing has been finalised".

All said, both the Moranis and Ranbir's stand on this tour seems rather strange considering they were gung-ho about it just a few days ago. One wonders as to what could have gone wrong…

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/2...go-on.html

03-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Last updated: Tuesday, 06 March, 2012 05:36 PM

Salman invites Ranbir for lunch!

[Image: kattisallu1_f.jpg]
A
Bollywood royalty Salman Khan is not known to let bygones be bygones easily. But this piece of news would certainly make you reconsider. He has recently extended a friendly hand towards somebody he was miffed at once. And that somebody is none other than Ranbir Kapoor, allegedly Katrina Kaif’s ex.

Recently, Salman Khan and Ranbir Kapoor were shooting for their respective films at Mehboob Studios when, as eye-witnesses report, Salman invited Ranbir over to have lunch with him, to which he readily obliged. According to sources, both the actors bumped into each other at Mehboob Studios when they exchanged pleasantries. The conversation went on for quite a while after which Salman apparently invited Ranbir over to have lunch with him, to which Ranbir readily agreed. The actors were seen having lunch after that and were enjoying themselves.

Onlookers also claim that the conversation got a bit awkward for a minute in between but everything went fine afterwards. But the question of the day remains to be what exactly were they talking about! We are really interested about the conversation because Katrina is the bone of contention between the two guys. Though Salman may try to befriend Ranbir, but with Katrina in the picture, we wait to see how long it will last.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-sal...49106.html

03-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Ranbir car commercial challenges Shahrukh Khan

12 Mar 2012, 1118 hrs IST

[Image: Ranbir.jpg]

Bollywood News: Mumbai, "When Ranbir signed up as a brand ambassador for the internationally reputed automobile company, it seemed like his role would be on the same lines as that of Shahrukh Khan who can be seen in the commercials of another rival company.

Post the 'serious' character that he played in 'Rockstar', it was about time that Ranbir Kapoor chills out for a while.

After all his next film 'Barfii' too promises to portray him in a different light altogether and since he plays a deaf and mute guy in the film, it is but obvious that there would be a different Ranbir in action there.

No wonder, in the interim period he has chosen to stay in public eye as 'the Ranbir' he is known as and the results can be seen in the short musical film which is now online.

However it is obvious that Ranbir has gone a step ahead and pretty much beaten the best in the business in their own game. While the likes of Shahrukh, Aamir and Salman can be seen endorsing their brands on a largely routine note that mainly includes talkie portions, Ranbir has gone ahead and shot this short musical film which is a cut above the rest," says an industry insider.

The short film, which has just been unveiled on the internet, has pretty much set a precedent for as it features Ranbir as a full fledged hero. The storyline requires him to trace down his girl (kept captive by her father) and in the process he jumps over 100 odd cars, dances atop them, indulges in some cable assisted action, gets into some dramatic affairs and eventually manages to bring on some romance once reunited with his love.

"The concept is simply fantastic and the film has been shot on a very massive scale in Mumbai," a source adds, "This short film has a very Bollywood-isque touch to it since it is directed by choreographer/filmmaker Ahmed Khan.

Pranay Rijia, who is fast becoming a regular with the Bhatts, has composed this club track which goes as 'Tu Mera Dil, Tu Meri Jaan'. Since Ranbir is pretty much being the filmy hero he is required to be in the film, his fans and followers are bound to be happy with this side of his persona which has been missing from action for a long time now."

Buoyed by the response gathered in the week gone by, the makers are now planning a much wider release of this short film that also includes 'choreography of cars', something that is a unique concept in Bollywood. With Ranbir and his 100 cars dancing in unison, guess the actor has pretty much managed to set a precedent here which may well see many imitations in months to come.

http://www.keralanext.com/news/2012/03/1...cle131.asp

03-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Touch of Velvet for Ranbir

The actor will be paired with Anushka in Anurag Kashyap's period film Bombay Velvet

Subhash K Jha

Posted On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 02:04:09 AM

[Image: 2012031320120313020418148288e07a7_201203...iginal.jpg]

Treading the path lesser known seems to be Ranbir Kapoor's forte. After an atypical debut in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saawariya to Ayaan Mukherjee's slice-of-life romance Wake up Sid to the political satire Rajneeti and now, the upcoming Chaplinesque comedy Barfee, where the actor plays deaf and mute, Ranbir's roles have defied convention.

Continuing in a similar vein, the actor is now all set to team up with director Anurag Kashyap in his much talked about next, Bombay Velvet. In a couple of firsts, the film will see Ranbir paired with Anushka Sharma in addition to him stepping into a role earmarked for Aamir Khan.

About Bombay Velvet, it is based on Mumbai Fables, a semi-fictional study of Bombay in the sixties by eminent historian and Professor of History at Princeton University, Gyan Prakash. Reportedly, Kashyap has asked Ranbir to read the book and get into the mood of the era. The actor is rather kicked about his first period film and has asked for until October to get acquainted with his character.

A source told Mirror, "Ranbir plays a hero of the masses in the 1960s. It will also be his first biographical character." Both Ranbir and Kashyap remained unavailable for comment. Shooting for the film, which is a thriller based on real incidents, kicks off in October.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/2...anbir.html

03-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Aamir Khan was the first choice for Barfee

Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 17:18 [IST]

Director Anurag Basu's upcoming movie Barfee, which is one among the most awaited movies of year 2012, features Ranbir Kapoor. If we are to go by the sources, Mr Perfectionist Aamir Khan was the first choice, but the Bollywood actor said no to the acclaimed director's project.

It is reported that Anurag Basu had initially approached Aamir Khan for the movie Barfee. But the actor reportedly could not accept his offer due to some unavoidable reasons. Then the director opted for Ranbir Kapoor, who has also bagged Anurag Kashyap’s Bombay Velvet.

Barfee revolves around a deaf man (Ranbir Kapoor), who unites with a mentally challenged woman (Priyanka Chopra) to solve the mystery surrounding the murder of his wife (Ileana D'Cruz). However, Ranbir Kapoor is very much excited about the role of a deaf man in the film, which is slated to release on 13th July.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/bollywo...30312.html

03-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Ranbir kicks out Ranveer?
By: Divya Unny Date: 2012-03-17 Place: Mumbai

Buzz is that RK was always the original choice for Anurag Kashyap's forthcoming film contrary to speculations that Singh was approached for the same role

This isn't the first time Ranbir Kapoor and Ranveer Singh are on a filmmaker's list for the same role. Though the two actors have very distinct personalities, they have been approached time and again for the same film. But with Anurag Kashyap's film adaptation of the novel Mumbai Fables, there seems to be a twist in the tale.

[Image: RK.jpg]

Post news about Anushka Sharma and Ranveer coming together in Kashyap's epic production, we now hear that Ranbir Kapoor will be playing the much-coveted leading role (that was first offered to Aamir Khan). However sources insist that the role was always meant for RK, and Singh was just a back-up option.

[Image: Ranveer-Singh.jpg]

Date drama
Says a source, "Ranbir was offered the film long time back but he was just not able to juggle dates for the film, which is why he could not commit either verbally or on paper. But he has liked the script so much that he has now managed to turn his schedule around just to be able to work with Kashyap. Ranveer is no more part of the project."

A tough choice
However, sources close to Ranveer insist that the film was offered to him first. Adds a source, "Ranveer was offered the film last year, but he was already in talks with Bhansali for a project opposite Kareena Kapoor. And unfortunately, by the time Anurag's project came together, he had already signed SLB's film. Ranveer is a very professional guy and he would not leave one film just to do another. So he made a choice and opted out of Kashyap's film."

In the past, both Magadheera and Romeo and Juliet were first offered to Ranbir, but eventually were taken on by Ranveer, because of date issues.

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/201...anveer.htm

03-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone getting into bed soon?

Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 17:44 [IST]

[Image: 20-ranbir-deepika-090112.jpg]

Here's a treat to all the Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone fans, who are eagerly awaiting for the ex-lovers' much-awaited film Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. Reports say that Deepika who has reunited with ex-boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor for the film, will be shooting some love making scenes with him.

The rumours were rife that the duo will be seen lip-locking in the film. But that doesn't seems the end of it as the couple will also be shooting for some steamy, hot scenes for Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.

A source also informs that both Ranbir and Deepika are aware of these love making scenes. It is quite difficult for ex-lovers to re-develop a physical proximity after they reunite. But, being true professionals, Ranbir and Dippy seems quite cool about getting cozy for the sake of their film.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/bollywo...00312.html

03-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Ranbir: The new 'chocolate' boy!

By: Mauli Singh Date: 2012-03-20 Place: Mumbai

Buzz is that Ranbir Kapoor may be roped in as the new face of an Indian chocolate brand

The grapevine is abuzz with the news that Ranbir Kapoor might soon become the brand ambassador for an Indian chocolate company. Post his last film Rockstar, brand endorsements have been pouring in for the star.

[Image: ranbir12.jpg]

If the deal gets inked, RK will be getting into the big boots of Amitabh Bachchan. This chocolate company generally uses regular faces to promote their products on TV and print advertisements.

They had launched the brand with Preity Zinta in nineties when she was a newcomer. In 2004 they roped in Big B as the face of the brand, probably in an attempt to regain consumer confidence following the previous year's disastrous worm infestation controversy.

Now after several years, the brand is once again considering roping in a star. A well-placed source reveals, "The brand is in talks with Ranbir.

They think he perfectly fits the bill because of his chocolate boy-looks and mass appeal. He is one of the most bankable stars among the new crop of actors.

The brand feels Ranbir's appeal lies in his childlike energy and his ability to connect with people." Anirban Blah, the head of the celebrity management company, who handles the actor's endorsements, refused to comment on the matter.

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/201...te-boy.htm

03-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Mar 23, 2012 at 03:59pm IST
Subhash Ghai proposes, Ranbir disposes

By: Hiren Kotwani Date: 2012-03-23 Place: Mumbai

Mumbai: More than three years since the debacle of 'Yuvvraaj', talk is that Subhash Ghai is making another film, a youthful musical romance with a dose of comedy and action. And the filmmaker was really keen to have Ranbir Kapoor on board.

In fact, he also sought help from Rishi Kapoor to help convince the young actor to sign the dotted line. However, Ranbir expressed his inability to do the film due to lack of dates.

Now, word is that Ghai wants Imran Khan to do the role. A well-placed industry source tells us that after 'Yuvvraaj' (2008), starring Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif, flopped at the box-office, the filmmaker opted to take it easy, preferring to oversee his productions for a while.

"However, none of the films like 'Paying Guests', 'Kashmakash' and 'Love Express' got any notice on release. And then, Subhashji himself fell ill," says our source, adding that the filmmaker was diagnosed with and treated for gall-bladder stones last September.

Now, back on his feet, the filmmaker is all set to plan his next. Speaking about Ghai allegedly seeking Senior Kapoor's intervention to rope in Ranbir, our source says, "Subhashji felt that since they've done films like 'Karz' before, Rishi would help get Ranbir on board

[Image: ranbir1234.jpg]

However, Ranbir conveyed that he's already committed to films helmed by Anurag Basu, Ayaan Mukherji and Anurag Kashyap. So he has no dates for months to fit in Subhashji's film." Now, Ghai is waiting for Imran to return from Rajkot, where he's shooting for Vishal Bhardwaj's next.

Ghai maintains, "Though I like both the actors, neither have I a script nor have I offered them any film at any point in time. So the question of declining doesn't arise." Further, the filmmaker said that he's working on two different projects, "including one with Salman Khan. We're producing three movies this year."

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/201...sposes.htm

03-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Ranbir turns tapori

Vickey Lalwani

Posted On Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 02:39:13 AM

[Image: 201203272012032702393240196dc13a2_201203...iginal.jpg]

After playing a rockstar in Imtiaz Ali’s film in 2011, Ranbir Kapoor is ready to explore roles in varied genres this year. With the shoot of Ayaan Mukerji’s romance Yeh Jawaani Hai Diwani already on floors, and Anurag Kashyap’s period film Bombay Velvet in his kitty, the actor has now signed Dabangg director Abhinav Kashyap’s next. In the film, Ranbir will be seen playing a character akin to Chulbul Pandey in Dabangg. The venture will be co-produced by Abhinav and Viacom 18.

However, getting Ranbir to sign on the dotted lines had not been easy for the filmmaker. Mumbai Mirror has found out that Abhinav had to change his original plans considerably to get Ranbir say ‘yes’ to his project. “Abhinav had initially wanted to make a film titled Karnaama with Ranbir in the lead.

That was supposed to be an adventure film. But later, he along with Viacom 18 head honcho Vikram Malhotra decided to put aside plans of making Karnaama. At least for the time being,” said a source close to the production house.

The new project will see Ranbir playing a tapori. “His character is that of a bold, upfront, street smart guy. His body language and talking style will be very Mumbaiyya,” added the source. The actor will have to attend workshops to improve his Mumbaikar accent, revealed the source.

The source also told us that Ranbir has already allotted dates for the film that will go on floors this November. However, the female lead has not been finalised yet.

We found out that the music will be composed by Lalit (of Jatin-Lalit fame). “Sajid-Wajid and Lalit had been the music directors in Abhinav’s last film as well. This time too there won’t be any change. They have a great working equation,” said the source.

Despite repeated attempts, Ranbir and Viacom 18 chose not to comment.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/2...pori-.html

03-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Salman Khan gets challenged by Ranbir Kapoor?

Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 13:06 [IST]

[Image: 27-ranbir-salman-240511.jpg]

After the super success of Rockstar, actor Ranbir Kapoor is not on a signing spree, but the Kapoor scion defintaley knows the correct way to go. Reportedly, Ranbir is apparently playing a Chulbul Pandey-esque tapori character in Abhinav Kashyap’s next.

A leading daily quoted a source saying that Ranbir's character is that of a bold, upfront, street smart guy and will be copying the Mumbaiyya style for the film. Wheareas, Salman in Dabangg 2 played fearless cop who wouldn't think twice before rubbing a powerful politician the wrong way or hammering the daylights out of a bunch of well-connected dacoits.

If we recall the duos' past personal life, both the actors had Katrina Kaif in common. Rumours said that Katrina dumped Salman for Ranbir Kapoor, though the couple later separated. Now that Katrina is no longer a reason for Ranbir-Salman fight anymore, we are now looking forward as in which of the actors makes a better tapori.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/bollywo...70312.html

04-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Why did Ahmed Khan choose Ranbir Kapoor over Shahid Kapoor?

Choreographer Ahmed Khan chose Ranbir over Shahid. Why?

By Subhash K. Jha (IANS)
Sun, Apr 08, 2012 14:50:43 GMT

[Image: bi-52544.jpg]

Choreographer Ahmed Khan, a close friend of both Ranbir Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor, was recently caught in a very uncomfortable situation where both the stars required his acumen.

Finally Ranbir Kapoor got Ahmed's coveted dates, while Shahid Kapoor shot two of his songs with choreographer Chinni Prakash. However there are no hard feelings between Ahmed and Shahid.

"It is true I had to opt out two songs with Shahid for Kunal Kohli's film to do the short film with Ranbir. But there was no other way out. Ranbir's film is a totally new experience. He has narrated an entire love story in four minutes," he said.

"We had to use a 100 Nissan cars, arrange expert drivers from Bangalore and Mumbai…It was an entirely new experience. In fact, Shahid was most co-operative. He advised me to go for the Ranbir project. I felt sorry to see Shahid do the two songs with Chinni Prakashji whom Shahid had never worked with before. But this film with Ranbir was a completely new opportunity for me. I couldn't let go of it," he added.

Ahmed insists the last-minute opting out has not affected his long-standing friendship with Shahid Kapoor.

"In fact, I am choreographing another number with Shahid for Kunal Kohli's film. There are no hard feelings between me and Shahid," he said adding that he's taking a long sabbatical from choreography.

"I've been at it since I was 19. I need a break to spend time with my children," he said.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/content/arti...id_kapoor/

04-16-2012, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2012 11:35 AM by ktm gal.)
Greying Ranbir spills barfi!’s biggest secret
Mumbai Mirror | Apr 15, 2012, 12.00AM IST

[Image: 2012041320120413200428406b20a54b4_201204...iginal.jpg]

Director Anurag Basu upset with a new TV advertisement which has reportedly copied Kapoor's well-guarded look from the unreleased film

The creators of Ranbir Kapoor's new TVC for a mobile company may have a winner on their hands. But the director of the actor's next, Anurag Basu is mourning the loss of his film's big surprise element.

Mumbai Mirror has learnt that Ranbir's vintage look, with the wispy white hair, moustache, large spectacles, baggy trousers, stiff body language, is precariously close to one of his fiercely-guarded looks in Barfi! And Basu is not amused.

When contacted, Basu confirmed the news, and added, "I was at the airport when I first caught a glimpse of Ranbir and that too on mute. I was shocked. I thought someone had put Barfi!'s first look out there without my knowledge!"

Basu says he made some frantic calls, and was told that it was an ad. "I caught the complete ad later and was taken aback with what I saw. Ranbir's getup in the TV ad is almost identical to that of his old-age look in Barfi!. I was disappointed."

A source close to the film added, "Anurag was very angry. He and his producer UTV had taken great pains to keep the look under wraps. But with the ad, the look is out and so is the big surprise."

According to those in the know, the ad makers may have picked up the concept from Ranbir's Blackberry, as he has his Barfi! look as his display picture for a while.

When asked if he has had a word with Ranbir about the issue, Anurag said, "Yes I have. But I have also shot several TV commercials with Ranbir in the past and I know that he sticks to the brief that he is given, without asking any questions. I spoke to him a couple of days back and he simply smiled. When Ranbir smiles usko sab maf hai."

Basu does not deny being disappointed. But he is in an exceptionally forgiving mood. "What can I say and what can I do? We had really taken a lot of pain to guard his look and keep it under wraps. But I guess it had to happen this way. So it's fine now."

Ranbir Kapoor was unavailable for comment.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/2...ecret.html

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enter....cms#write

04-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Posted on Apr 19, 2012 at 06:06pm IST

Ranbir, Deepika avoid shooting intimate scenes for Ayan Mukerji's film

Mumbai: Although actors are known to play their parts in front of the camera to the best of their abilities, sometimes personal equations can come in the way of their performances. That's why, director Ayan Mukerji is apparently believed to be considering doing away with intimate scenes between former sweethearts Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone if need be.

According to a source associated with the romantic film, "Considering the kind of close friendship Ayan shares with Ranbir, he's aware of the relationship the actor shared with Deepika. At the same time, he was also well aware of their split when he offered his film to her. His story has a few intimate scenes between the lead pair."

Change of mind

[Image: ranbir1.jpg]

Initially, the actors were reported to have no qualms doing the scenes. "Keeping in mind that the're thorough professionals, it would be natural to expect them to play their parts as actors. However, that time the shooting had not started. Now that filming is underway, Ayan is having a change of mind," says our source, adding that the director no longer seems insistent on retaining the intimate scenes.

It is learnt that Ayan now feels there's a visible difference in how Ranbir and Deepika relate to each other. "Though they're like friends, doing intimate scenes for the camera is a different thing altogether. So if Ayan senses any awkwardness on part of either of them, especially Deepika, in the intimate scenes, then he'd rather do away with them. If that comfort level is not there to be seen on camera, then that could affect the overall chemistry they share in the film," explains our source.

A shoulder to cry on?

Interestingly, during director Rohit Dhawan's wedding celebrations, Ranbir and Deepika had even danced together. After her break-up with Siddarth Mallya, it was reported that Ranbir had been a strong pillar of support to her.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/ranbir-deepik...254-8.html

04-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Barfi! Delayed, yet again

Subhash K Jha

Posted On Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 09:17:48 PM

Anurag Basu's woes continue over Barfi!. First it was the director's best friend Imtiaz Ali who reportedly took all of Ranbir Kapoor's dates for Rockstar. Next, Priyanka Chopra's dates have been a constant source of worry and delay for the project.

The film's release has been pushed forward twice already. And we now hear that it may not make the August 31 deadline after all.

Reason? Priyanka Chopra still needs to shoot for two days.

Says a source close to the film, "Only Priyanka's portion remains to be shot, the film is complete. The producers have already postponed the release from July 13 to August 31 to give Peecee to devote a couple of days. But she's already started on Zanjeer."

Ranbir we hear, is at the end of his patience with the delays. He just wants Barfi to be over. Apparently he has personally requested Priyanka to find the two days in her calendar.

Basu rises to his heroine's defence. "Our schedules went haywire and all the actors had to re-adjust their dates. Priyanka tried her best to accommodate us. I'm sure she will manage to give us the two crucial days."

Meanwhile, Basu is working on his other leading lady Ileana's dubbing. Says he, "Ranbir has no dubbing to do since he plays a deaf and mute character. I'm happy to say Ileana's Hindi has improved and she can confidently dub her own lines. Not bad for a girl who couldn't speak the language when she started.”

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/index.aspx?p...34f38a8d91

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ~~::The offical Kareena kapoor Topic::~~ ktm gal 49 67,199 09-22-2017 12:40 AM
Last Post: Mithun
  The Official Zarine Khan Topic Aisha 36 56,605 01-04-2016 12:18 AM
Last Post: ktm gal
  The Official Shah Rukh Khan Topic! Mistahlilg 525 670,275 12-21-2015 08:54 PM
  The Official Aamir Khan Topic!! *Mini* 570 708,785 12-02-2015 10:52 PM
  Official Sanjay Dutt Topic shefali 39 59,351 08-28-2015 06:35 AM
  *Shahid Kapoor* ktm gal 5 7,301 07-15-2015 11:42 PM
  The official Preity Zinta Topic *Mini* 121 169,587 09-13-2012 09:03 PM