Salman Mania - Rocking Khan Salman Khan
Katrina Kaif - Printable Version

+- Salman Mania - Rocking Khan Salman Khan (http://salmanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: World Corner (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Bollywood Actors/Actresses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Katrina Kaif (/showthread.php?tid=1342)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Re: Katrina Kaif - ktm gal - 06-12-2009 06:16 PM

KATRINA EDGES OUT AISHWARYA

08 Jun 2009

Two of the most beautiful women. Two successful actresses. Two ambitious achievers. When they are in the reckoning for the same prize booty, sparks are bound to fly.

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Katrina Kaif have a lot in common, besides Salman Khan and a discernible accent, that is.

Both were successful models before entering films. At the outset, both of them were criticised for their lack of talent. Both were in the news more for their boyfriend issues rather than career choices. The only difference was that Katrina started her innings whilst Aishwarya was in the preparation of wrapping hers up.

They’ve never been considered in the same bracket but the clash is evident because both have the same goals in showbiz. Whenever there is any debate on who’s the most beautiful face in Bollywood, only two names are mentioned – Ash and Kat.

While Ash figured once in the list of the world’s prettiest people, Katrina made headlines when she was declared Asia’s sexiest woman. Even in terms of endorsements, they go neck to neck promoting the same premium profile of clients. Undoubtedly, over the years, both have groomed themselves to become global icons.

In real life, Katrina and Aishwarya have never really interacted much with each other. After the Salman Khan chapter in her life ended, Ash kept a safe distance from anyone and everyone connected with him. Katrina was already a supermodel then and touted as the next big thing. Except for brushing shoulders at a beauty pageant, Aishwarya and Katrina have never really gelled on any other level.

In fact, because the common factor between them was not very pleasant (Salman obviously), if at all they shared any vibes, they were only cold and colder. Like a fashion stylist who knows both of them from close quarters reveals, “Once, not very long ago, they came face-to-face at a media tycoon’s personal bash in New Delhi. They just exchanged half-hearted smiles and turned away. The tension between them is very obvious. It’s almost awkward.”

Perhaps it’s this tension that’s taken its toll on Katrina’s friendship with Abhishek Bachchan as well. Not many people know that when Ram Gopal Varma was planning ‘Sarkar’, it was Abhishek who recommended Katrina’s role for the lead opposite him. It was a small role but it came at a time when nobody was taking Katrina seriously as an actress. Bagging a Ram Gopal Varma film at that time was a huge plus in her career and she always thanked Abhishek for the recommendation.

But after Aishwarya came into his life, all that changed. The Abhishek-Katrina friendship died a natural death. Despite the fact that they both got along fabulously well together, things just weren’t the same. Says one of her Kat’s close friends, “Even when Katrina was having her birthday bash sometime back (where the legendary fight between Salman and Shah Rukh Khan happened), she had made it a point to invite Abhishek. She was very upset when he didn’t even reply.”

The first time fireworks flew between Aishwarya and Katrina was when the famous The Unforgettables, a world tour featuring the Bachchan family was being planned. For some venues, they had decided on adding guest stars. Katrina’s name was at the forefront – the organisers were very keen that Kat be a part of the entourage.

The reason was simple – Katrina’s popularity is immense among global Indians. That explains why she’s one of the most searched personalities on the Internet. Talks had also been initiated with Kat but for some reason, things came to a grinding halt all of a sudden. Says an insider from the events industry, “Aishwarya didn’t want another actress to dominate the tour, least of all someone like Katrina.”

One doesn’t have to be Einstein to figure out the real reason. Katrina has youth on her side. And the fact that she’s single makes her a bit more appealing even to clients who have to make a choice between her and Aishwarya where plum endorsements are concerned.

The first time Katrina scored over Ash in this arena was when she replaced her as a leading jewellery label’s brand ambassador. The client had been an Ash loyalist for a long time. But last year, when it was time for a renewal of contract, Aishwarya was shown the door and Katrina signed in her place.

But what happened recently at a popular fashion week in Mumbai has blown the situation out of control. It was the opening day at the Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai where 50 years of Barbie were being celebrated.

‘Dress the Barbie’ contest attracted 75 entries from top designers in the country from which the 20 short listed creations were showcased on the ramp at the dazzling show. Amidst the pretty, frothy party dresses and gowns, hell broke loose when Katrina Kaif strutted her stuff as the show stopper of the day.

It was touted as one of biggest highlights in Katrina’s career as she represented the Barbie doll in India. However the fact that Katrina replaced Aishwarya came as a surprise to many. When media present there, quizzed Kaif about it, she was quick to wash her hands off the replacing controversy. “I know nothing about that. My association was with Mattel Company. They approached me and I took it up. As far as Aishwarya Rai is concerned she is a talented actress and is an iconic figure not only in India but all over the world. I respect Aishwarya for what she is,” Katrina waxed eloquence.

The truth is that the Bachchan bahu was approached by the organisers to be the Indian face of Barbie. Over a week was spent in discussions with the actress. She had demanded a certain sum as remuneration, which was agreed upon. Ash was very excited because this was something new and she was looking forward to it since a long time.

But just a day prior to her Barbie look being unveiled before the audience, she was in for a rude shock when she was told that she had been replaced by none other than Katrina. The ex-Miss World was aghast to say the least. She was furious at the organisers for ditching her at the last minute.

But she was more upset with Katrina for agreeing to be a part of something that was already committed to her. “Ash really thought Katrina had crossed the line this time,” says a designer. “It was unprofessional of Kat to have done something like this,” adds the source.

Adding pandemonium to the murky episode were the allegations against Katrina concerning how she went about grabbing the Barbie role from Ash. An official from the fashion week reveals, “Katrina really went out of her way. Usually, she takes a long time to decide but this time, she wrapped up everything in a day.

From what we hear, she didn’t even ask for any remuneration. She just wanted to do it and she single-mindedly went towards achieving that goal. Contracts were changed at the last minute and Ash was dropped.”

The predicament engulfing the two preening divas is bound to acquire chaotic proportions in the days to come. Aishwarya seems to be straining at the leash right now but it won’t take much for the ravishing Scorpio to hit back at her drop-dead-gorgeous rival with a chilling vengeance. The knives are out and let’s see who emerges successor in the second round.

Re: Katrina Kaif - ktm gal - 06-24-2009 11:04 PM

Sallu the Bodyguard

[Image: 9441.jpg]

Salman Khan is angry with Neil Mukesh because, Neil called Katrina 'sweetheart' when Salman called him from Kat's mobile!

Re: Katrina Kaif - MORGANE - 06-25-2009 08:45 AM

:rolleye: :laughing hard:
Samu :thumbs:

Re: Katrina Kaif - ktm gal - 06-26-2009 02:54 PM

:laughing:

Re: Katrina Kaif - ktm gal - 06-26-2009 02:56 PM

Katrina Breaks Down: I can't believe I can act so well

By Subhash K Jha

[Image: katrina3masala_big.jpg]

Last week at a special screening of Kabir Khan’s New York Katrina Kaif broke down after she saw what was on screen.

“It was embarrassing. This has never happened to me before. I was deeply moved by the film. And I couldn’t believe what my director Kabir Khan had achieved in my performance. I kept staring at myself. ‘That’s me!’ I exclaimed at the end of the film.”

This is the first time that Katrina has played a character who echoes her own personality. “So far all my characters have been pretty alien to me. Even the London girl in Chandigarh in Namaste London was not at all like me. But the girl in New York connects deeply with me. Or do I connect with her? It’s symbiotic, I think.”

When he saw what synthesis of ‘actor’ and ‘character’ had been achieved she simply broke down.

Remembering that evening Katrina says, “It was a very private screening. Only members of the cast, our director his wife, the producer and his wife were there. I’ve never been so impressed by any of my films.

So far they’ve all been in the orbit of escapist entertainment. New York is my first realistic film.I’m proud of all my films. But this is new chapter in my career.”

Katrina will be devoting the next two weeks solely to promoting the film. “So far our producers Yashraj Films haven’t allowed us to talk about New York. Even now I can’t talk much about it without giving away the plot. But I’m very proud of what we’ve done.”

Re: Katrina Kaif - ktm gal - 06-26-2009 03:31 PM

[Image: 9fumir.jpg]

Re: Katrina Kaif - ktm gal - 07-02-2009 04:23 PM

I don't feel safe anymore: Katrina Kaif

02 Jul, 2009 12:05 pm ISTlMUMBAI MIRROR

Katrina Kaif, who is currently staying at Waterfield Road in Bandra, is desperately looking for another house because of the lax security in her building. Katrina was more than happy living alone in the house, which she had bought four years ago with her hard-earned money. But of late, she is scared because of the increase in the number of intruders barging into her house.

Katrina confirmed the news and said, “I don’t feel safe any more. I’m a free-spirited working girl and pretty confident about making my way through the concrete jungle. But when strangers reach your door, it’s time to worry because there’s just me and my faithful maid in the house.”

Now the actress wants to urgently move into a place with better security but it is no cakewalk considering her celebrity status. “I’ve looked at a number of places. But the minute they know it’s someone famous, they hike the price. I need to move into a place where I feel safer living alone. No matter what it costs,” said the actress.

She even got herself an additional maid with the intention of beefing up security, but even that didn’t work. “The new maid couldn’t get along with the first maid, so I had to ask her to leave,” added Katrina.

The actress is now looking forward to putting an end to her solitary residency once her sister Isabel joins her in Mumbai to pursue a career in Bollywood. Katrina said, “But that is still some way off. Isabel is still learning acting at the Lee Strasberg Institute. She wants to do Broadway before doing Bollywood. Once she comes to Mumbai, I’ll be fine. Just the two of us in the house together will be fun. I don’t mind living alone except for security reasons.”

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://movies.indiatimes.com/News--Gossip/News/I-dont-feel-safe-anymore-Katrina-Kaif/articleshow/4727849.cms">http://movies.indiatimes.com/News--Goss ... 727849.cms</a><!-- m -->

*Going by this article , Kat is not going to get married to Salman for a long time to come

Re: Katrina Kaif - ktm gal - 07-08-2009 03:53 PM

Katrina takes over Ash's brand value?

06 Jul, 2009 11:44 am ISTlIANS

[Image: photo.cms?msid=4743500]

What was Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s, is usually Katrina Kaif’s next. First it was a jewellery line and then a doll endorsement that was originally meant for Ash, but was later bagged by Katz. Now news from the admen has it that a soap that film stars endorse, wants Katrina to sign up. “It is not confirmed whether she will replace Aishwarya,” said an ad guru, “but, yes, Katrina is being considered.”

Another strong indication is that Katrina may probably be signed by the hair product company and also the watch brand that the world’s most beautiful woman endorses. But Katrina denies being in the market for these brands. “It’s not true,” says Bollywood’s lucky charm who is having a golden run at the box-office. She admits that Ash is one of the biggest and most prestigious names in showbiz, but denies any career-mapping like the Bachchan bahu’s.

Yet, ad circles say wait and watch, “Katz’s brand team has been advised to get her the endorsement for both the hair product and the watch.” These could well be the actress’ next big announcements that would take her to another level, internationally.

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://movies.indiatimes.com/News-Gossip/Gossip/Katrina-takes-over-Ashs-brand-value/articleshow/4743423.cms">http://movies.indiatimes.com/News-Gossi ... 743423.cms</a><!-- m -->

Re: Katrina Kaif - ktm gal - 07-15-2009 01:28 PM

Katrina's wardrobe malfunction!

[Image: 9486.jpg]

Katrina Kaif faced a different kind of 'wardrobe malfunction' when her saree shrinked to her knee in a rain scene for Priyadarshan's De Dana dan!

Re: Katrina Kaif - ktm gal - 07-27-2009 12:07 AM

Katrina-Aishwarya war over?

[Image: 9510.jpg]

Katrina Kaif seems to be in a mood to patch up with Aishwarya Rai, as she called her an icon. Or Kat meant something else?

Re: Katrina Kaif - ktm gal - 07-27-2009 12:18 AM

Perfect Mismatch!

[Image: 9496.jpg]

An astrolger predicted that Katrina should not marry Salman Khan for her better future!

Re: Katrina Kaif - nasra - 09-08-2009 03:19 AM

Unable to meet Katrina, fan commits suicide

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFvTMFbfg8U">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFvTMFbfg8U</a><!-- m -->

Re: Katrina Kaif - arshad - 11-10-2009 01:00 PM

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.santabanta.com/jokes.asp?catid=9670">http://www.santabanta.com/jokes.asp?catid=9670</a><!-- m -->

[Image: 14ju3qu.jpg]

[Image: 18g7wo.jpg]

[Image: awdyli.jpg]

Re: Katrina Kaif - ktm gal - 01-18-2010 06:33 PM

[Image: 29za70m.jpg]

Re: Katrina Kaif - ktm gal - 01-25-2010 06:14 PM

Katrina's very own award

[Image: 9778.jpg]

Katrina was angry when Vidya Balan won the best acress award. So organisers had to create a special award for her to please her!

Re: Katrina Kaif - ktm gal - 01-25-2010 06:18 PM

Katrina Undergoes Surgery

[Image: 9728.jpg]

Katrina Kaif went through a minor surgery. We wonder what was the surgery for!

Re: Katrina Kaif - ktm gal - 02-03-2010 02:52 PM

Katrina Kaif won’t kiss

03 Feb, 2010 11:20 am ISTlTNN

In all her films so far, Katrina Kaif has kissed only once, in Kabir Khan’s New York. She decided she wasn’t too comfortable doing it, and told a close friend that she had decided never do another kissing sequence again.

Katrina has now decided to make it official. She won’t do a kissing sequence, even if the producer-director uses the oldest trick to persuade her: the script demanded it.

Says a friend of the actress, “Katrina has said no to kissing scenes in all her films barring New York. And believe me, the directors are very keen to see her kiss her co-stars. Katrina cleverly keeps dodging all the so-called must-kiss scenes. She is a very conservative girl at heart. In fact, when reports claimed that she was going to wear a bikini in Dostana 2, a la Priyanka Chopra in the first Dostana, Katrina protested violently and made it clear to producer Karan Johar and director Tarun Mansukhani: no exposure, no kissing.”

Says Katrina, “I don’t deny I’ve done scenes in the past where I did things that I wasn’t comfortable with. But now I won’t. I just don’t feel comfortable doing kissing scenes, or for that matter, wearing a bikini on screen.”

In both, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani and Raajneeti, there was apparently a request for a kiss with Ranbir Kapoor. Katrina said a polite but firm no.

Says a source, “All the intimate scenes in Raajneeti are between Ranbir and his American girlfriend played by Sarah Thompson. They have a lingering lovemaking and kissing shots. In the Indian portion of Ranbir’s story, there’s no intimacy with Katrina. She convinced the director that the character of the dignified politician would not go down well with the audience doing intimate scenes.”

Katrina is quite firm as she says, “It’s true. I’m not at all comfortable doing kissing scenes. Call me a prude or conservative. I just don’t feel kissing scenes jell well with our audiences. So no kissing scenes for me.”

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://movies.indiatimes.com/News-Gossip/News/Katrina-Kaif-wont-kiss/articleshow/5530314.cms">http://movies.indiatimes.com/News-Gossi ... 530314.cms</a><!-- m -->

Re: Katrina Kaif - ktm gal - 02-05-2010 12:17 AM

Katrina Kaif refuses to kiss Abhishek, John in DOSTANA2, Sallu effect??

[04 Feb 2010]

Heard the latest about Sallu’s Kat?? Yeah, Katrina Kaif, the sizzling hot sexy siren of bollywood who had earlier shot for a kiss in Yashraj’s ‘New York’, has refused point blank to do the same for Karan Johar’s upcoming flick ‘Dostana 2’.

The Kat is said to so furious with the whole kissing thing that she has let the director Tarun Mansukhani know it that the age old argument ‘the kiss is integral part of the script’ will not be able to change her decision in this regard. The firang beauty, who has been in a relationship with bollywood macho man Salman Khan, also made it clear that she would also not be wearing bikini for any sequence in the flick. The icing on the cake is that Katrina was against kissing as the audiences did not like it, and it damaged her image in public eye.

In the original version of ‘Dostana’, Priyanka Chopra donned golden beachwear and the audiences went ga ga over her in the flick. Even, Kareena Kapoor wore the two piece cloth for ‘Tashan’ opposite Saif Ali Khan. One wonders if Katrina’s refusal has something to do with Salman Khan’s dislike of her wearing skimpy outfits and giving bold scenes.

However, Katrina Kaif has not stopped only with Karan Johar’s ‘Dostana’ but also extended her ban to Prakash Jha’s upcoming flick ‘Raajneeti’ opposite Ranbir Kapoor. Though Ranbir Kapoor is said to be Katrina’s friend but Kat refused to kiss him despite of director’s request.

In fact, Katrina Kaif was able to convince the director that the character of a decent politician in India will not be liked by the audiences if he or she is shown to enjoy kissing scenes. In the film, Katrina plays the part of a politician, which is said to be based on the character of Sonia Gandhi.

Though Katrina Kaif had worn bikini for her debut flick Ayesha Shroff’s ‘Boom’, which also starred Amitabh Bachchan, but now after coming in contact with Salman Khan, everything seems to have changed for the gorgeous babe. What say??

-- k k rai

<!-- m --><a target="_blank" href="http://www.magnamags.com/index.php/201002045651/stardust/scoop-of-the-day/katrina-kaif-refuses-to-kiss-abhishek-john-in-dostana2-sallu-effect.html">http://www.magnamags.com/index.php/2010 ... ffect.html</a><!-- m -->

Re: Katrina Kaif - moimeme - 02-05-2010 10:25 AM

I don't think she actually kissed John in New York, did she? I remember reading user reviews which said it was just camera angles, and that the so-called "hot" scene between them wwas really quite tame.

Re: Katrina Kaif - nurainfarizan - 02-05-2010 06:03 PM

moimeme Wrote:I don't think she actually kissed John in New York, did she? I remember reading user reviews which said it was just camera angles, and that the so-called "hot" scene between them wwas really quite tame.

No she didn't kiss John in the film. It was just the camera angle and it wasn't intended to be a steamy kinda kiss anyway. The intimate scene between them was nothing.